WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    i55dhna7vcge.jpg

Whatever you did or didn’t eat yesterday is irrelevant now. What is relevant is what you eat from this point moving forward. No matter what, today is an new opportunity to have a great eating day. It is just one day. What are your goals today?

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff welcome back. Yup one day at a time.

Molly and I rode our bikes yesterday morning. Not much but enough for me to feel it. Going running this morning while it’s nice and cool. Molly’s lost 4 pounds this month. She’s pretty proud of herself. Now she’s looking for 2 pounds a month for the next year.
    Week 3 of maintenance. Getting back into my workouts. I took 1 week off and now 2 weeks off of yoga. Desperate to get it all back under control. I’m a girl of extremes. Looking forward to a better balance. Realizing my portions are still too big. Even salads are too big. Gotta go run. More later.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 4
    PW: 167.2
    CW: 168.4

After the week I had, I’m OK with this gain. Back on track and had a great day yesterday. Gotta get the dogs out for a hike before it gets hot. Will check back in later.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff - welcome back. We have missed you!!! You do realize how important you are to all of us right?

@sleepymom5 - sorry PT is giving you mixed feelings. Give it time and see. It's crazy how everything is connected in our bodies and it could just be one very weak muscle somewhere causing all the issues. Just give it time.

@mrsbell8well - I managed to go 3.6 miles last night before my bum was super sore :) Legs feel good though! I'm looking forward to going further and further. I also did C25K maybe 4 years ago and it makes running so effortless. It's such a great program. I was then hit with cancer and bad attitude so I stopped. But now I'm back at it!!

Tuesday and Wednesday check in

Food - not too bad. Just a little more than what was on my plan
    Water - great
    Exercise - great! Yoga and bike ride last night, C25K on Tuesday night.

This week I seem to be eating more than I truly need. I think it's more stress at work and with deadlines I don't have a moment to think about it. I barely have a moment to run to the bathroom :) But this too shall pass and I'll get it under control. I'm expecting a little gain tomorrow when I weight in.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Sorry, busy day yesterday and today but fun at least. I will check in later today.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 4
    Pw 186.6
    Cw 185
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    check in for Wednesday
    food: logged and under - I was getting back into my old habits at the end of the day, so I went to bed early to avoid eating everything in my sight
    water: plenty
    exercise: 3 walks
    steps: 15.551

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Well that was a nice loss, I know it's in part to me having the stomach bug and not eating much but I'll take it. I did finally eat somewhat of a meal last night and breakfast today that wasn't toast. My stomach is still turning, hopefully it ends soon. I'm at work right now trying to write a letter of recommendation for an employee. I hate doing this. I googled one. I also keep going off and doing other things. I hate when people want me to do this. Well have a happy Thursday
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well you tell molly I said ,"Im dancing all around my office." its quite a spectacle but she's worth it!! you know you need to go all extreme on maintenance. make this the best time of your life!! after all your wonder woman!!

@nstephenson01 you knew this was going to happen. sorry about Detroit, what a gross city. maybe next time try to take your connecting flight from flint. it is a much nicer airport in a much nicer area. I am super proud of you. I read about how you made your plan for the week even before you got back from your trip. look at the new you go!! you are a super star!!

@carlsoda I do know how much we all mean to one another. I am personally invested in each and every one of our team members goals. now if I could just get my crap together. lol. we all have our struggles and I feel like we are all really good friends and we share those stuggles. that's what makes this whole thing work. I feel I have made friends for life!!

@sleepymom5 sometimes we have to expect change. show us how resilient you are. learn this new way of being active. is it fair? heck no. but it is what it is and you and only you can chose to be happy or sad. your choice. flip the script girl!

@ljdanny woooo whoooo. that is great. I know you had been sick but even still. it was a nice benefit!! now, what will you do today to further you to your goal? ughhh, good luck writing that letter. I am no good at that either.

@hope002 I have done that too. going to bed early so's not to eat. sometimes it is the best option. so good job girl for taking control of your circumstances!!

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food: logged and under (no late night snack, but had a small dinner + supper)
    Water: 2.5 l at least
    Exercise: 100 min walking + 75 min aerobics class
    Steps: about 15000

My plans for Zumba class failed, but I was determined to visit something so I found an aerobics class in a gym that is a little further. The class was a little longer than 60 min and I got 2 bonus 30+ min walks going there and back.
    And I had another little victory of mine yesterday evening. Hubby came in bed with a cup of ice-cream, and another with some biscuits and peanuts. I asked him for some ice-cream, because I knew I had lots of spare calories from my exercises (I usually eat most of them back). I took the cup and realized that if I have even one spoon I'll go down the rabbit hole again. I'm kind of addicted to sugar, so I have weather non or tons of sweet. Plus the ice cream wasn't something special anyway. So I just smelled it and returned it without trying and had several peanuts instead o:)
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Got out in the boat this morning. Almost an hour and really nice weather! Felt good to be pedaling that boat.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 sorry your PT session didn't help. I hope you figure it out.

I have been struggling to get on line and struggling to stay on plan. i have been making all sorts of plans and rules and I think my brain is just rebelling. I went on a mass binge yesterday. However I sat down and wrote about it. I did some deep soul searching. I didn't berate myself but owned my choices and asked myself where am I right now what am I realistically willing to do right now. I am in quite a rebellious state of mind so I have decided just to journal to observe what I am eating and how I am thinking and feeling when I do it and why I make my choices. I think I have got things upside down and I am trying to impose rules and regulations on myself without understanding myself and it feels like a fight. Sure I expect to fail and to struggle but it does feel point less to set out everyday with good intentions and feel like I have failed before lunch time. So I decided to do something different to spend sometime understanding where I am really at right now. If that means I gain weight a little then so be it. Although I think by observing my behaviour it will get me to change. For example today I have chosen not to eat a yoghurt or have chocolate because I am full. I will set my intentions in the morning journal throughout the day and review what I have done. I will do this for the whole of the summer holidays until LO is back at school.

This is what I am currently willing to do so I know what I will do it. It actually feels quite good to say to myself I can eat whatever I want. I just have to journal it. It is making me think about my choices.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely start to my day. Molly walked down to my running path with me. She walked and I ran. I am getting back in my groove. Had a nice 32 minute run that included hills. Came home made oatmeal with peaches then packed lunch for both of us. So sweet. Really happy that we are on the same page.
    I finished 1/2 of my salad. It wasn't all that great so I quit eating it. It was really nice not to eat the whole thing when I didn't enjoy it. Now if I can stop when I am full on the things that I do enjoy!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in: Wednesday
    Food: Pre-logged, ate as planned, under on calories
    Water: Lots
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute dog walk; 12,374 steps

Determined to get back on track upon returning home and did well sticking to my plan. Although my weight was up for the week it was down from yesterday. My schedule has been pretty full lately but no complaints and it forces me to be organized. My one failure in an otherwise successful day was dinner... I made Eating Well's Flat Belly Salad in a large mixing bowl. Although I scaled back the ingredients since I was just feeding me, it did end up making quite a bit. Rather than serve myself in a small bowl I just ate out of the trough because I didn't want to dirty another dish. A PNP podcast I listened to recently discussed the importance of journaling so I made a few quick notes about my deep dive into the big bowl. I hate wasting food and the salad would not have been good today as it was already dressed. The salad was really tasty and I did finally stop before finishing it off entirely. My focus for August will be figuring out the difference between satisfied and full.

@cyndiesstuff Its funny you should mention Flint. Planes were circling Detroit waiting out the storm to land and several were rerouted to get fuel. My plane scheduled for my flight to PA was rerouted to Flint before it ultimately landed in Detroit! I'll have to check Flint out. Detroit is pretty yucky LOL
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I did not get called into Jury duty this week. I close on the sale of my house tomorrow at 1pm. I can’t wait! I spent 3.5 hours in the ER with my 18 yo (she is fine) last night. While I was there my 13 yo cut her finger and thought she needed stitches (she didn’t end up needing any but it was a decent cut). It has been quite the week, but . . .

I made it to my third yoga clsss this week. It felt good as it has been awhile since I could get back to my previous three classes a week schedule. I logged yesterday and today to get an idea of my calories for a few days after a month of not logging. Of course, the act of logging modifies my hunger and my eating so it is hard for me to say if it is reflective of my recent days. I need not stress or analyze too much. Because . . . The scale continues to go down consistently. My “new” pants all come off without unbuttoning and sag some. The dental hygienist told me today about how surprised she was to see how much weight I lost since 6 months ago and she wanted advice (off topic but why are so many people resistant to the simple answer - I eat less than I used to). I was able to carry my 46 pound 5 yo for most of three hours on Saturday. In short - I am doing just fine : ). Thanks team for all the support and encouragement. Have a great week end and plan /settle into your healthy routines.

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny - glad you are feeling better. I feel
    that same way about letters of recommendation. And follow the same google then avid strategy. I really want to ask them to write the letter for me and I will sign it. Lol. I hope you got it done and it is a long time before you get asked again.

@cyndiesstuff - glad you are back to living with internet. Missed your daily posts.

@sleepymom5 - Hoping you get a better idea of how the PT will help after a few weeks. What a bummer! Jealous of your ocean / bay filled summer adventure.

@amsandos - what a good plan. Keep us updated on what you learn through this food journaling process. Sounds nice to be free from restriction /rules. Might just be good for you to get a “diet break” I have found them helpful.
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Moarrein
    Friday
    Week 4
    Pw 120.2 lbs
    Cw 119.9 lbs
    -0.3 lbs
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food: yes! on plan
    Water: 78 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk and weed and water gardens
    Steps: 15188

yay. phew, i knew i could do it. reeled in my compulsive eating. caged the pig. no more pig slop for me. i got the rest of the loose ends wrapped up at work. i have made detailed notes for what still is left undone. today is my last day at that branch. i will be starting at my new branch on monday. i don't look forward to saying goodbye for the last time. but i reminded of how miserable i have been. this is part of my self care. i can't wait for my old boss to decide he wants to work. i am no longer going to wait. i am jumping in feet first, in true wack a mole style! i am not sure my day will be 8 hours. i may just pack and leave. not sure how this is all going to unfold.

@Moarrein you are doing fantastic. that is a fine loss this week. look at the new you go! zumba failed? doesn't stop you, you readjusted your plans and still made your healthy life style a success! super proud of you for all the hard work you have done. what are your plans for maintenance? have you figured out how and what you will do to continue this healthy lifestyle? and what a great nsv!! no icecream. ohh girl. you really have made some remarkable changes!!

@pacsnc6 yes! the boat. you have fun. it sounds amazing. send us a picture!!

@amsandos ok girl. time to get off that pity train and rework your plan. there is a lot to be said for meeting yourself where you are at. and your brain probably is rebelling. you are changing everything it knows and you want it to learn a whole new life today. baby steps. pick one or two things to change and when you master them, add another. i am glad you turned your binge into a learning experience. i like your plan. that way you can then go and analyze what your doing and make small doable changes that won't freak your brain out so much. also work on the things you say to yourself. start each journal entry with the things you did right, no matter how small and end it will loving kind words of support and strength. you are a rock star and don't you forget it!!

@Mrsbell8well isn't love amazing? it sounds like you two have a wonder relationship of shared admiration. it's beautiful.

@nstephenson01 yeah nancy stuck to her plan! no way... nancy made a plan!! i LOVE it. life is better when you set your intentions for the day and then succeed!! and satisfied and full has a very subtle difference. the beck diet solution does an exercise about how to figure out your hunger. i think it will really help. it takes some work but you are building a new you and once you learn the skill it will be easy. and i agree. i don't like detroit. full of bad neighborhoods and mean people.

@phoebe112476 ohhh i wish i was called to jury duty. i have had to report a few times but have never been picked. i think i may be too opinionated. and people alway ask me what i did to lose weight to. i tell them i changed my mind and ate less than my body burned. it is simple really but certainly not easy.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Friday WI
    PW: 145.6
    CW: 147.6

Funny...struggling with cravings for two whole weeks and wake up today feeling back in control. Not sure exactly what that means :)
This discussion has been closed.