• McKay85
    McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username: McKay85
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week number: 4
    Previous weight: 323lbs
    Current weight: 311.2lbs!

Yo - I was truly scared this week. I broke a rule and weighed myself in the middle of the week. Not seeing the scale move then really shook me. So I put the scale away, incorporated more veggie meal options and tried to sleep well. The consistency paid off. Challenging myself with different workouts are helping, too, I think. Being over 300lbs and working out is a challenge. Most beginner workouts are not made for people as big as I am. But I'll find my modifications. And if all fails, I'll keep walking uphill on the treadmill.

Today and This Week's Goals:
    - Focus on abs the end of each workout
    - Jumprope beginning and end of each workout (5mins each)
    - Walk the treadmill uphill
    - Upper body weight training 3x this week
    - Keep logging the food
    - Keep drinking the water
    - Sleep more successfully

HAPPY MONDAY TO YOU ALL - MAKE IT COUNT and I'll see you around 😁
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Mrsbell8well @sleepymom5 :smiley:
    I am planning on enjoying my few days away!
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Check in for Sunday:
    Food: logged and just a little under (no sugar or late night snacks but ate almost all of my exercise calories)
    Water: enough
    Exercise: 60 min step aerobics class and 120+ min walking
    Steps: 21470

I spent the day with a friend that I don't see often. Life is so busy that we manage to meet only twice or 3 times a year. She took me to a step aerobics class, she usually attends. Then we had lunch and then spent more than 2 hours just talking on the street.
    I also lost my driving license yesterday and was very upset, because that meant dealing with authorities and not being able to drive for at least 20 days. But in the evening a neighbor texted me that it has been found on our parking lot. It must have fallen out of my pocket while I was getting in the car. I was so relieved that we had dinner outside to celebrate. The food wasn't very healthy, yet I managed to stay away from sugar and alcohol ;-)

Happy Monday! Have a great week, everyone :-)
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am too tired to comment tonight. I will catch up tomorrow!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    wcw8n4m1ngzy.jpeg

Tuesday's Weigh In
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday's Weigh In
    @Barbb1557
    @Mrsbell8well
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    check in for Monday
    Food: logged, under
    water: lots
    Exercise: 2 1hr walks, 15 mins exercises, plank challenge
    Steps: 18,232

Now that I decided to get more active(after gaining a lot), I got a problem - chafing :(.... Well it's not going to stop me :). Vaseline is helping a little. I guess I need to go shopping for new exercise clothing
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Moarrein what a lovely day with your friend. And what a relief to get your drivers license back!
    @hope002 ugh chafing! I find baby powder sometimes helps as well. Good for you for persevering.
    @mckay85 FYI... we usually write what we weighed the prior week under PW. That way we can see what your results were for the week. You can also put a-#’s under your notations too if you would like.
    The weigh in during the week or daily is always a conflicted option for me. Sometimes I weigh daily, or 2-3 times a week or only on Wednesday. Depends where I’m at on my journey. But it can be a head game for sure. You did a great job staying with your plan. What were your results? Was that a loss?

Last night I slept 81/2 hours vs the 61/2 my norm. It’s raining and I want to stay in bed. Long day of meetings today till 8pm.
    Have a good day everyone!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 4
    PW: 164.5
    CW: 164.0
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I have been basically lazy the last few days because of the heat. It was 99 on Friday with real feel of ~103~ it even felt hot in the house with A/C running. I did go outside long enough to check the mail and to water my garden but little else. I have read a lot, catching up with my stash of books. I got to the gym for water aerobics yesterday too. Today the high will be 80! We got some rain overnight so the humidity is still high but it will feel SO much better. I should be able to get a long walk in today.

I have done OK with eating although I was over on calories a day or two. I find that usually kicks off a drop on the scale so not worried.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    @mrsbell8well - thanks for the update on Cyndie! I was wondering what she was up to. I hope she at least has power at her house!

Monday check in:

Food - not the greatest but won't derail me starting out strong today!
    Water - great
    Exercise - 12,000+ steps, yoga and a 2 mile bike ride (getting my bum used to biking again)

Finally got out on my bike!! Yeah only late July, part of it was they were paving our bike trail in town and finally finished it. I much prefer to be on the trail than on a road. AND...it's only 1 1/2 blocks from our house! I'm going to take nightly 2 mile rides for a few days before building back up my distance.

So, tonight I think I'll do C25K again, day 2 :) and another quick bike ride. Legs are still a bit sore but a good sore!

@sleepymom5 - how was PT yesterday? Exhausting?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

• sleepymom5
    Options
    check in for Monday
    Food: not good choices but probably under
    water: over 64 oz
    Exercise: PT for 45 min and a few short walks with Daisy
    Steps: 6388

I don't know what I think about the PT session. I can do almost anything except walk or run. I have to listen to my body and not push walking which was disappointing. I also was surprised how weak I was. For example, I had to do leg lifts which I can do normally, but I have to do them against a wall with my head, shoulders, back etc on the wall. They put a pillowcase over my sneaker so my sneaker would slide on the wall better. I had to raise and lower my leg for 2 min which was a struggle. I could barely lift my leg! I left hobbling and feeling worse than I came in. He said that was because I was tired. I guess I just feel like I just have so far to go and can't see how this is going to help. I will keep going and do my "homework" and hopefully I will start seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I was also told that one leg is 1 inch longer than the other. I guess that could be a factor to this happening too. I also am weaker on my right side than my left, the Physical Therapist said that maybe my right side is fatigued from picking up the slack on the left side but he was surprised too. I guess I am just disgusted...Oh well. I need to get moving here so have a great day everyone!

@gottagetthisdown I know it is easy to get discouraged when the scale doesn't move and you are working so hard. There are so many factors that can go into that number on the scale. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will catch up. Sounds like you had a great week. Give yourself credit for that.
    @carlsoda What a lovely Sunday you had! It sounds like your trip to visit your other daughter will be fun too! I can't believe Owen is 6 months already!!
    @jedaschultz I am glad that you aren't letting that little gain derail you! I love your goal and it is totally doable! You got this!!
    @lennoncpa It is such a psychological game, that is why we need to work on our minds too.
    @McKay85 Nice loss! Love your plan for the day too!
    @Moarrein How nice that you were able to meet up with a friend and workout together! Sounds like a fun day. I am so relieved for you that your neighbor found your license too. You really are doing well, keep it going!
    @hope002 Ugh! Chafing is the worst! I mostly wear capri length workout pants, nothing higher than my knee so I don't have that problem but they do get hot. Maybe you can get some longer spandex shorts to wear under? I use to have a cream that worked great but they stopped making it. I know there are others so maybe you can give one of them a try. Looks like you have been doing great since you have been home! Keep it going!
    @Mrsbell8well You probably needed those extra zzzzzs. Hope your day goes quickly with all those meetings! Thanks for the update on Cyndie! I was getting worried...
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss!! Hope all is well!
    @pacsnc6 It has been horrible with the heat! I am so happy that it has finally broken! Glad that you were able to go to your water aerobics class though. I didn't venture outside too much either.
    @cyndiesstuff Hope that you get your power and internet back soon.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda you and I could have such fun together. We’re just getting back into riding bikes too. I did the c25k as well then did the 5k to 10K app for the next challenge. And @cyndiesstuff is out of power at work and home with no running water either. She is helping her parents through this too. Her text is working but phone and computer still out.
    @sleepymom5 hang in there w pt. I had to go through all that after rotator cuff surgery years ago. I thought I would never heal...but I did.
    @phoebe112476 great job as usual.
    @pacsnc6 so nice you were able to do water aerobics.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well!

@Mrsbell8well thanks for the update on @cyndiesstuff! Hopefully she is up and running soon! This weather has been crazy!

I am heading to Vegas tomorrow. I am going to weigh-in tomorrow. I have been really on track since the weekend, so I am hoping I will see a drop on the scale. Looking forward to a few days away.

Catch up with everyone when I get back! :smiley:
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    I have been sick with the stomach bug the last few days. Haven't been able to really eat. No exercise yesterday or today. Might have a good loss this week not for a good reason though. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to normal
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone. I’m doing great today. I got my new foster dog today. She is another dog that was in the group transported from Texas to Michigan. They say Michigan is a very dog friendly state! Anyways, she is a year old and had a C section about 6 weeks ago and they were able to save one puppy. The puppy has been wanting to play while the mom just wants to rest! So I’ve got the mom and she’s very timid but I plan on spoiling her as much as I can!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I sorted out the broadband but something I must have done something to my computer because I could not boot up my profile. My gain as small and deserved but I am going to get back on it. It was a busy stressful day at work and things went south quickly and continued to do so. I will draw a line and try again tomorrow.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks. Got off track. I'd like to rejoin for August if that's ok.
  • phoebe112476
    Options
    Finished moving the very last of my things from my prior house. The closing is scheduled for Friday at 1pm. I am
    In-call for jury duty this week, so really going no issues /conflicts come up there. Will be very big relief to own only one home again.

Made it to yoga twice in the last 3 days. Hoping to go again Thursday, but will have to see about the jury duty and any last minute house issues. I just love the peace I get from my yoga classes. I guess the exercise is just a side benefit - lol.

Eating seems to be increasing slowly the last week, but my loss is still right on track with my goal of 0.5 pounds per week. So I will keep up the same and continue IR to monitor. Considering counting calories again for a few days just to get an idea. But I hope to find a week with less chaos than has existed in my days lately. Maybe week
    after next - kids will be starting school year.
    I am having visions of having more time then. We will see how that goes. Have a great week team. Thanks for sharing on this journey.
  • phoebe112476
    Options
    @ljdanny - Ugh. Stomach bugs are worst!!! I hope you are feeling better fast. The last one I had lasted 7 days. So miserable. Make sure you take time to rest as you recover too - not just jump right back into things.
This discussion has been closed.