Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    iamworthy14
    mondays sorry Im late!)
    PW ?
    CW 158.8

Do you have your starting weight from the previous Monday?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    171lake wrote: »
    PW 144.2 ( I think?)
    CW 143.7

Steps: 16,568

Green Challenge-
    My goal for July is 4 lbs so I finally am in the 130s.

Do you have your Monday steps? Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thanks all for the wonderful advice. I am going to look into some of the options you guys mentioned and keep you posted on how I make out. I spent the day at the pool with my granddaughters. When I wasn’t playing with them I walked back and forth in the pool. I had to have got some exercise. Unfortunately, I also fried.
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    171lake wrote: »
    PW 144.2 ( I think?)
    CW 143.7

Steps: 16,568

Green Challenge-
    My goal for July is 4 lbs so I finally am in the 130s.

Do you have your Monday steps? Thanks!

7/1 9,154 steps

Sorry for not adding that in earlier
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I’m not sure how hot is “hot” to you, every region is different (not just in degrees but humidity, wind factor, etc).

For me there is hot but bearable - yes I will sweat a lot and need to drink like a fish, wear a hat, sunscreen, sun glasses, maybe supplement salt to counter dehydration, choose a route with more shade or breeze - and OMG i’m melting hot, which is actually a health hazard and you need to take care. (I live in Australia, in an area with fairly hot summers and mild winters - we laugh when England says they are having a heat wave of 30 degrees Celsius as that is not a heat wave to us; about 40 degrees is our melting point & we’ll get a few days each summer that hit that).

Walking at night, walking by the beach (if you are near one - I am) so you can put your feet in the water, wetting your hat so it cools your head, etc are options.

Fallback: go to an indoor air conditioned mall and walk around in the cool. Not so relaxing though!

Or swap walking for swimming. I know that can be intimidating when we are overweight, and I must admit last summer I don’t know that I went swimming even once (our seasons are reversed in Australia to the northern hemisphere, so right now is winter for me), but it is possibly the more sensible option in hot weather.

I suppose us moaning about 30 degrees being a heatwave could be funny. However, our homes are made for rain and cold so there's a lot of insulation - which makes indoors even warmer. Very few people have air con or even plug in fans. The same goes for workplaces, I used to work in a lab where, with all the machines, it would be 40+ in our version of a heatwave and we had no means of cooling. It's not financially viable for air con as temps above 25 are so rare.

Temperature is all relative depending on where you live. Much like someone living in Australia might come here and find it freezing, while we think it's mild. The same goes for us finding -5 cold when places in Canada and America regularly have far colder temps. For me personally, 30 is very warm and very uncomfortable.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @ShowKitten Temp really is relative, when living in the UK isn't wasnt cold until it was freezing. Here in Portugal it feels really cold when it reaches 10c or below, mainly to lack if insulation and the damp. When I lived in Thailand it was only hit in the very high 30s or 40s but in Europe I find it hot much earlier than that in the thermometer.

Have a lovely day today to all those celebrating!

Yesterday's steps: 3rd july: 13 880

Weigh in 1:
    Previous weight - 185.8 (I think!)
    Current weight 4th July: 182.0
    *happy dance*
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Morning all! Let’s get to know each other better. What is one of your non fitness hobbies?

For me, I am learning to knit. My first project is a baby blanket.
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/3- 12,361
  • ngk2000
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW-257.2
    CW-256.6
    I'll take any loss over a gain🙂.
  • ngk2000
    Options
    Morning all! Let’s get to know each other better. What is one of your non fitness hobbies?

I've been wanting to learn how to knit too. I had a basic knowledge when I was younger-but haven't done any in the last (wow) thirty years. I may be inspired🙂.
  • kilobykilo
    Options

Right now learning to run is my major hobby.... but, outside of that I enjoy reading, cooking and travelling. I'm not doing as much of the latter as I'd like at the moment, unfortunately!

I also spend a lot of my free time studying Portuguese as I live in Portugal, but, that is really slow progress!!
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    7/3 steps

quote="lindamtuck2018;c-43904033"]Morning all! Let’s get to know each other better. What is one of your non fitness hobbies?

For me, I am learning to knit. My first project is a baby blanket.[/quote]

I needlepoint for about an hour a day (trying to finish this pillow that seems never ending!).

I’ve been taking tennis lessons for the past month and I love it. I used to play in high school. So far the beginning lessons aren’t really a workout , but it’s the only sport I find really fun!

I love to read and challenge myself yearly to read 52 books a year. This year, I’m also doing trying to do the Book Riot and Popsugar challenges.

I also love television so can watch that when needlepointing or at the gym. I just got caught up with Big Little Lies (my guilty pleasure) and on Netflix I’m currently watching Cheers (on season 6) and Instant Hotel.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @171lake I love instant hotel! Trying to save. Season 2 for a rainy day treat!
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    7/3 Steps: 6,976

As for non fitness hobbies, I listen to audiobooks whenever I'm driving. And I definitely watch too much tv lol. It looks like I should probably find a hobby to try.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    7/3
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options

Mine is card making, scrapbooking, fur kitty baby mama to 2 sisters adopted from a shelter 1 month ago in addition to a big kitty - 11 yr old male, gambling/going to Vegas
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    oh, and in addition to reading self help/motivation books
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    oh and side businesses as a Stylist to Stella and Dot and Zyia Activewear
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Today has been a great day! Started with a lie in followed by a good run. I'm on plan and enjoyed some chocolate and a glass of wine. I did some shopping and took some time out to pamper my awfully in need feet. Almost time for an early night with my book and just one day to work until the weekend. Yippee!

I hope everyone else is having a great day, celebrating 4th July or otherwise :)
This discussion has been closed.