Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    The Netherlands sounds lovely! Hope you’re enjoying your visit.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I went from around 300 to 145 when I started out and then after a few years I started gaining and just couldn't stop no matter what I did. Finally realized a big part was undiagnosed adhd that resulted in binge eating. Finally getting treatment for that and hoping to get down again as I got back up to 290 but down now to 275 from a combo of trying and covid.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Good work, Azurite. Getting back into the routine is a major accomplishment. Please join us in the discussion threads.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Greg and I'm from Windsor Ontario Canada. I started my journey Feb 24, 2022 and am currently down 77.6 pounds. My goal is to lose 138 more and get down to 250. I swim laps 5 days and week and play baseball on Sundays. I also started walking anywhere within walking distance. Also just getting over Covid. Yay. Anyways, good to be here and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    Options
    The COVID thing... that's starting to annoy me :rage: , you know!!! :lol:

Well done so far! Watch them knees! :smiley: :
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @JaysFan82 Welcome Greg! Well done on the weight loss to date, and good luck for the next 138 to come. Your knowledge and experience will be such a valuable addition to the group, so I hope you join in some of the chat. It's always nice to have a fresh perspective...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    🇨🇦 Welcome Greg! Quite a Canadian convention here. Hope to see you here often and look forward to whatever you want to share. Looks like you’re off to a good start.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot, I meant to say 138 total not 138 left.
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I was thinking that the initial numbers weren't adding up but that was the most likely reason on re-read! :smiley:

You're moving at a good clip closer to 1% than 0.5% of body weight per week. Keep going... but don't hesitate to adjust if you feel the need to! Keep pushing for "long term" /"forever" options in terms of everything including eating and exercise; don't just look to "today"
  • Chibilove
    Chibilove Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, im crystal. Starting keto again for the umpteenth time. It works for me but it's hard to stay on track when no one else around me is keto. Here's to any goals
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Crystal!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nicely said Connie!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was heartened to see this group still going, even some recognizable names. A couple of years ago I was pretty active in this group and had some success in weightloss. Since I have had a lot less success. Back and starting again, the line is in the sand as they say. I hope to get reacquainted with the group veterans and to know the newbs. I have lost and gained weight several times and for me it is all about discipline, when I have it I do well, when I don't I don't. Here is to starting good habits, cheers all!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    I'd be considered one of the newbies (only been here a year) so I don't think I recall you - but welcome back!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Me too! Welcome back. As you know much of weight loss is a head game!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!….I remember you!….
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Lori. I live in North Aurora, IL. It's about 45 minutes west of Chicago. I have a daughter, Lena, a sophomore at Boston University. I have three dogs. Lilo is my 10-year-old black lab mix. Zed is my 10-year-old chihuahua/mini-pin mix. Jax just recently came to my house. He's 5ish and a chihuahua mix. He's also diabetic. I'm diabetic too, so he and I are helping each other control our diabetes.

I weigh 290 pounds and plan to get down somewhere around the 160s. I started at 335. Although I want to lose weight, I'm really working on eating better and exercising. I'm currently focused on getting 5 fruits and vegetables a day. I'm also walking for at least 30 minutes a day. I'm going to add strength training and yoga soon.

I'm excited to connect with people who want to live healthier lives.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Welcome Lori! We’re here to support you on your quest to be healthier. Everyone is at a different stage but there’s plenty of wisdom and experience to assist you. Jump in anywhere. And do take the time to read through some older posts.