Off-Topic Discussion

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I have been a binge eater for years....most of my adult life...I am learning to control the frequency of the binges....it’s hard....but you can do it!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    is anyone else suffering from episodes of binge eating/gluttony? i feel like if I just ate two pieces vs 6 pieces my bsl still would be late 200s but better than 400 plus

seems I eat when I'm depressed and lonely...also I eat because it's there

There's a really good reason that there are no cookies in the house, and also why I buy my chips in the little one-ounce bags instead of larger bags. If there are cookies in the house, I will eat them. And I'm no good at portioning out chips, so I do it that way instead.

I keep telling myself that food doesn't hug me when I'm down, or talk to me when I'm sad, or love me when I'm lonely. After a while I begin to know that. And it helps to live with people who are emotionally good to me.

I still have times where a binge tries to start up, but at this point it's me eating an extra hundred calories, and that's not so much of an impact on me. But I've been working through my binge eating problems for about fifteen years without counseling help, and by now I've got a handle on it and I can usually see problems coming and divert it before it starts.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    yes but im praying and seeking change now more than later. this 4 year weight loss journey has more lows and mediocre than any highs

You can change now but it is usually just in small increments. It is like sculpting the new you from a large stone. You chip away at the mental and physical bits that are keeping you hidden.

For me it helps to remind myself that most of what I tell myself in relation to food is a lie. I only technically need enough food to stay alive. It does not have to be tasty food or a large variety. It only needs to have enough calories and nutrition to sustain me. Everything else is what I want so then it becomes a balance of how I want to live vs how I want to eat. The pleasure of living a healthier life is UNBELIEVABLY more rewarding than the FLEETING taste of a bite of food that may be more than I need. Food rewards do not last and require more food that is just as fleeting as the bite before it. It is an endless loop that lead me to a very pitiful state of being.

I suggest when you pray you ask for wisdom. I am not calling you unwise even though we are all unwise to some degree. It is just that wisdom increases awareness. It helps you to reposition to a place where you are above the turmoil instead of inside it. When you are inside it, it is harder to keep your balance.

• NovusDies
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Took a spontaneous trip to Florida this week. After months of being at the hospital with all this COVID I needed a break.

Today I did something I have wanted to do for year and year but was always to afraid to do it. I rented a jet ski and sped around the lake for hours. It was so much fun and scary at the same time.

I will be purchasing one for myself when I get home!

That is on my list of things I want to do. For years I would go on vacation and see people doing it and wanted to try but I exceeded the weight limit. I have a trip coming up and I checked the pricing but it would take too much of the travel budget so I have to wait for another time.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    my bucket list of pipe dream things has an entry for horseback riding lessons if I can get down to the weight limit - the person I corresponded with last year had a limit of 175-180 lbs. I don't know of anyone else in the area giving lessons for adults.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 - THIS. I rode when I was younger and still competed through college, despite being around 220-230 lbs. My weight never had or caused any issues. I had to stop eventually because of the cost. When I looked to find a place for lessons again more recently, it seems everyone has a similar weight limit. Super disappointing, but maybe some day... That being said, keep on the lookout! There is no hard or fast rule that you can't ride horses at a higher weight. It depends on the horse and what you are doing, so keep your eyes open for any other opportunities! :smile:
  • NovusDies
    Options
    my bucket list of pipe dream things has an entry for horseback riding lessons if I can get down to the weight limit - the person I corresponded with last year had a limit of 175-180 lbs. I don't know of anyone else in the area giving lessons for adults.

It has been a long time since I was on a horse. I should add that to my list. The last time I rode the horse was screaming "No No! One at a time!!" and it tried to bite me. The latter part was true and it was also true that the horse was in physical pain with me back there so the ride was over as soon as it began.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

Three of my high school girlfriends had 5 horses so I got to ride a lot...we rode English but I never fell in love with horseback riding....Riding again is definitely not on my “ bucket list “.... I wouldn’t mind riding a bike again and I would love to go on a zip line....from traveling I will have to say if I did zip line it would be in the USA and not some country miles from medical facilities!...when we were in Jamaica, our daughter climbed the falls in Ocho Rios and I was scared to death she would get hurt....people were slipping and sliding all over themselves....on second thought, maybe a ski lift would be safer than a zip line!
  • NovusDies
    Options

Three of my high school girlfriends had 5 horses so I got to ride a lot...we rode English but I never fell in love with horseback riding....Riding again is definitely not on my “ bucket list “.... I wouldn’t mind riding a bike again and I would love to go on a zip line....from traveling I will have to say if I did zip line it would be in the USA and not some country miles from medical facilities!...when we were in Jamaica, our daughter climbed the falls in Ocho Rios and I was scared to death she would get hurt....people were slipping and sliding all over themselves....on second thought, maybe a ski lift would be safer than a zip line!

The zip line is pretty safe and it is fun. The only downside is the stairs you need to climb at each tower.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

The zip line is pretty safe and it is fun. The only downside is the stairs you need to climb at each tower.

Maybe I could catch a ride up!...
  • NovusDies
    Options

You might be able to talk someone into carrying you.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    *laughs* zip lining is definitely NOT on my bucket list, no matter how small I get. I'm afraid of heights - it gets even worse when I'm on something that lets me sway around. Just like you'll never talk me into take a tram ride, either!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    *laughs* zip lining is definitely NOT on my bucket list, no matter how small I get. I'm afraid of heights - it gets even worse when I'm on something that lets me sway around. Just like you'll never talk me into take a tram ride, either!

You won't get any less afraid avoiding heights.
  • bmeadows380
    Options

You won't get any less afraid avoiding heights.

@NovusDies
    *laughs* I won't give myself a heart attack either!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Blech, I dislike horses - I'm allergic. Zip lining is fun! I did it in Vegas a few years ago. I was nervous about the whole set up and falling but they strap you in and you sort of hang there for a few minutes. I felt like if it would hold me for the initially it will probably be fine the rest of the way. The best part is there was an elevator to the top!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

You might be able to talk someone into carrying you.

I don’t think I could be carried lol...an elevator sounds good!....
    We owned a jet ski in the Keys but I only got on it once...the things in the ocean scare me worse than heights....
  • BordeauxBee
    BordeauxBee Posts: 69 Member
    Options

180lbs! Gee my goal weight is 200lbs. Maybe I could ride a Clydesdale 😄😄