Off-Topic Discussion

Options
12346»

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I know how to ride but I haven't done it for years. Know how to saddle and unsaddle and curry the horse, too. Never learned to jump on a horse, but I don't feel a need to rectify that. (grin)

I guess what I want is to be able to do what I want to do without my body getting in the way. I don't want to have to spend the rest of my life trying to figure out if I am active this morning will I be in pain this evening, if I stand to do this will I have to sit tonight and miss out on something, etc. I just want to be able to go do things and not have a standing budget to worry about.

Wearing heels while doing some of it would be a plus, but if I never get to where I can wear heels again it's okay. I did do some pretty bad damage to the midfoot on my right side, so it may never be okay with heels even when I weigh half of what I did before.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,327 Member
    Options
    I guess what I want is to be able to do what I want to do without my body getting in the way. I don't want to have to spend the rest of my life trying to figure out if I am active this morning will I be in pain this evening, if I stand to do this will I have to sit tonight and miss out on something, etc. I just want to be able to go do things and not have a standing budget to worry about.
    THIS. I can do much more now than I could at my heaviest, or even 50 lbs ago, but there are so many things I still can't do because of my weight. Whether there are weight limits or flexibility/movement issues, I just hate that there are things I can't (or don't) do because of my size.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    THIS. I can do much more now than I could at my heaviest, or even 50 lbs ago, but there are so many things I still can't do because of my weight. Whether there are weight limits or flexibility/movement issues, I just hate that there are things I can't (or don't) do because of my size.

Flexibility is a big part of the equation for me. I am not going to really know my limitations until I get it more resolved. It is better but I am not going after it hard enough.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 that's hilarious! I remember when I was 6 or 7, I had taken a little baby doll to church and set it on top of the car as I was getting in to go home. Forgot it and realized it was missing when we got home, Mom drove us back to church to search the parking lot but we never found it. 20+ years later I still wonder what happened to that doll, but your story makes me think she took a ride and landed somewhere on the route home 😂