Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Gym this am. We’re having all our gutter replaced so there’s much drilling and pounding going on.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Hug for the headache!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So.... @luxia2020 this is one of the ones that come to mind when I am thinking chopping block. Or when multi-years ago I was looking at the "traits" of people who have maintained large losses by looking through the weight control registry "studies". "studies" because recall questionnaire doesn't rate for me... but number of participants is high so of interest to see the commonalities.

Anyway. high breakfast, early loading. Not necessarily because of fasting and autophagy but in general because there sure does exist A BIT of evidence that these would be good things. Not resounding evidence for people as of yet. But enough noise to be of interest! :smiley:

I am not doing them. And it hasn't STOPPED me.

Would it have been better for me to do them? Possibly. But in the chopping block category I wasn't quite ready to make the change :wink:

So... not necessarily a high value "most important for success" for everyone. But part of individualised hamster handling!!!

But it does seem that predictability of meals. Better and predictable sleep patterns--to which an earlier dinners seems to contribute for most people other than a PAV who eats right before going to bed)--early intake of energy for a good start to the day (thus more energy and fidgeting in the early part of the day where the "circadian rhythms" agree with this and less energy at the later times when people would naturally start drifting instead of perking up and going out for dog walks)... for most people it seems that all this works out more OK than not!

I am sure it would work out even for me too, if I were to be honest. But I would have to make too many other schedule changes that I am not (yet) willing to in order to accommodate. So the alternative CAN be made to work too.

But, as per Novus' early posts, and as per me too: Whatever makes things easier is good! And it sounds as if it is making life easier for you so this is AWESOME!!!!! :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Got the highest end (looking) appliances I could from the used appliance place. With the restriction that I was only looking at coil tops.

Ended up with a GE stove and a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator both in "stainless". Cost wise, for both, it was a little bit less than the cost, delivered, of the most entry level stove OR fridge that I would have been able to get new.

The refrigerator seems to have a "common" issue of a freezing water return "peeing" in the fridge. But we believe we have a fix for it... so I gambled :wink:

Totally unhappy with the delivery person who banged the doorways on the way in and out. Luckily the current occupants have been there long enough that they are thinking of painting the place themselves :wink: Which I am encouraging by offering them Lauries paintbrushes for free!!! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Will they come paint here too, PAV? I'll even throw in paint for all :) Hope the "new" appliances run well! My old fridge had the peeing issue - and it wasn't a terrible thing since otherwise it was great.

Bella - that poem brought tears to my eyes. I, generally, am pretty happy with my body. Aesthetically - she is getting a bit rough around the edges, but she does a good job. But - reading the poem brought me to new levels of appreciation. Thank you for posting.

@luxia2020 - So many things included in that research - I agree with PAVs chopping block thoughts. Maybe even a rotation of chopping blocks items is good? When we get bored or have the weight loss humdrums, just switch things up a bit (that itself I think keeps the body from reacting/adapting too well to low calorie/high exercise regimes).
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey Laurie... I don't know if I'll let them travel that far away, what if they like it there? :wink:

clarification: the particular "westinghouse gold" fridge, identical to the one I currently use, did not come with a known problem. It's just that it is a common problem with the particular model... and that I think I have a fix for it, hence it was worth a gamble for an otherwise fairly good fridge so far... plus parts to mix and match in the future since I have the identical one! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    that's okay...I can live with my chipped doorways :) they are growing on me!
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Chipped paint is memories and character!

Had my second covid booster this morning. Feeling kind of 💩!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Dents, scratches and things that do not work right push me to the edge….<<<<< thinking I a a lot more OCD than I think I am….I use no wire hangers, my clothes in the closet are all hung in the same direction and every article is grouped together, I alphabetize all of my books, towels are folded exactly the same way, ….I have a problem!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I am putting the stupid computers away and heading out with the girl!

I've been threatened with after dark dinner due to this being the first day of Ramadan and of course they're cooking for iftar... BUT I WANT MY YOGURT DARN IT!!!!! :angry: :anguished::astonished:

We shall see. I guess I shouldn't really be complaining... the home made pizza (home made dough, 100% veggie toppings) yesterday was very good :lol: Of course I did manage to get rid of a WHOLE 1.5lb BOX of elmer's hard candy and off load it to their kids... and one of the four 2lb boxes of medjool dates I may have speculatively bought for the purpose of retaliation during Ramadan!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    oh those dates are delicious....Sometimes they have little "snack packs" of medjool dates with a little plastic arrow stick. Few enough to be safe to buy. I can barely make it home with them. Dare I look at the store today?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling but I am here and I will give my support the best that I can….
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Just being here with the rest of us is supportive. It’s been so quiet here that I’ve feared this group would fall apart.

Even if you’re struggling it’s good to know you’re still working things out. Hang in there Connie.
  • jenniferelizabethwiseman
    Options
    Really sorry to hear of your struggles, @conniewilkins56. I hope that continuing to post and reach out helps you feel connected.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    It’s been so quiet here that I’ve feared this group would fall apart.

It feels like it's hanging by a thread. 1004 members, yet the barest handful of regular posters. If we were rats not hamsters we'd be deserting the sinking ship! So it's a good job we're hamsters...

p2f1ueeka0fp.png
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hamsters? Rats? Nah, I prefer to consider myself a lazy cat! :D
    On another note, as someone who only comments every so often, it's a bit nerve-wracking half the time to comment. I don't want to interrupt what seems to be an ongoing topic already, you know? Then again, I don't have much to say since it's not something I can talk about most of the time. Maybe it's the age difference?
    However, I'm still here to listen to people's struggles and give the support I can, just as the occasional posts keep me accountable!
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Speaking of "Share Your Day," I was appointed to take my grandparents to their optometrist appointment today. This clinic sure takes their time, which, lucky for them, didn't affect us too much since I cleared my morning schedule for it. However, the kicker was when I had to schedule their follow-up appointments.
    Since when did it become a thing for most Medi-Cal (California's Medicare program) patients to be scheduled on a "Medi-Cal Day?" The stigma that goes with it is unreal, too. I didn't realize I had that notion as well until I came home and thought about it.
    "You don't want to come in on Medi-Cal Day." (Back Office Assistant gives me that knowing look.)
    (Nods.) "Oh, yeah, I totally get what you mean! So what days do you have aside from that day, then?"
    :|
    The most ironic thing? I was also under Medi-Cal for my medical insurance. Isn't that just spiting myself? I wonder when it became customary for us to almost look down on Medi-Cal insurance havers. It was as if not being able to pay for our own insurance was a sign of not making it in life.