Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    Yay Alexandra, that's a real NSV! You deserve to feel proud!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    In the UK, as of this week it's mandatory for all large restaurants/cafes chains (with more than 250 employees) to print calorie information on their menus.

Best just to avoid looking at the menu entirely and scan the restaurant until you see someone eating something that looks tasty and say 'I'll have what she's having....'

Otherwise you'd never order anything....

mtotkumyfz6p.png
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Does this mean we will all gravitate to smaller restaurants / cafes/ eateries as they have 0 calorie foods? 😬😬😂
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Bella, you look wonderful! I can only hope to get to that point. Personally, I would maybe take a maintenance break but it all depends on how you are feeling mentally. If you have any sort of diet fatigue, then a break may do you good. It would also help you get used to what it will take to maintain that loss. If you get to the point where you want to get rid of the last of the weight, then you can. It is such a personal decision on how you want to take it though.

Alex, that is a great victory! You should be super proud of it.

As for me, Sunday I went on a long walk (for me). It was mostly off the main walking trail as well, so it was a bit more rugged then just a normal walk. Which I prefer as I feel I get a better workout since the path isn't flat and I have to get over fallen trees and the like. And I was proud of myself for doing it. I had no plans to go out on that walk, but it was a nice day and I decided to do so on a whim instead of sitting on my butt all day.

Now yesterday I was feeling it. I was really sore. My legs ached and so did my back/hip. But I still got myself up and took a short walk around the apartment complex (about 20 mins). Felt so much better when I got home. Hopefully I can do the same later today as well before the rain starts. Tomorrow I should be able to get 30-45 mins of walking in since I am in the office and we have tunnels so I can still do it even with the storms. It is supposed to get pretty nasty tomorrow.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Many restaurants here post calories on the menu or online. It’s eye-popping! To keep the counts down many places note calories piecemeal. So, meat separate, add potatoes separately, buttered veg, rolls and breads…. You kind of expect high calories in desserts but salads and veggies are surprisingly high too. Even soups.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good job yesterday, Alexandra - and followed up with some smart thinking today!

Bella - those numbers are stunning/shocking/scary.

Sounds like a great walk, Athijade. I'm sorry that more of my walks aren't in rugged terrain. It takes so long for me to get to the more rugged terrain that most days I'm ready to turn back by the time I do. :(
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I am going to make an attempt to cook boneless chicken thighs for the first time…..thinking sweet potato wedges and petite green peas with it and a salad….
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Thank you! I will!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Beyond counts! You did awesome!

I admit that the sourdough and chocolate would probably not have made it in anywhere other than my tummy!🤷🏻‍♂️

But I absolutely would have logged them by weight for sure
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I had 10 🐰 again today not counting nuts….maybe we should count nuts as squirrels?….Publix has a new organic fruit and vegetable bread with seeds and it is sooooooo good….( I love bread and I could not have resisted that sour dough bread )…. I also picked up a loaf of Easter Breakfast bread still warm and can’t wait to have a slice in the morning!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Why do I keep posting in the wrong place?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    A bigger question: Why do you think you are posting in the wrong place :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Because I read something and I start writing lol