Options
    You definitely need a grill!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    I can see Alexandra the grill mistress with a second kitchen too! 😎
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Also baking bacon. I put it on a cooling rack on a baking sheet, and it doesn't curl or spit at me, just bakes and gives me lots of nice unburnt bacon drippings that I can put in a jar in the refrigerator and use to pep up various vegetables.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Sweet Alex I became tired reading what you had to prepare but I can see how your organization skills save you time in the long run!….

My days this week have been very hard for me with John confined to the bed except bathroom and showers….I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders…he usually helps with some chores and keeps me laughing at least….today he misplaced his diamond ring and I looked for it bending and squatting searching for it….he found it under him in the bed SMH….I brought the empty garbage cans in and took the dog out…I changed the bed linens and unloaded the dishwasher….fixed breakfast, lunch, and dinner; serving it on a tray to John in bed….I am tired….I have cut my sodium and kept my calories in check…I see my doctor Monday and he will refer me to a cardiologist….John gets injections deep in his hip next Thurs. and has to be put to sleep to have it done…Amanda comes home from teaching hobbling on her knee that needs repaired….grandaughter is being a pain….son in law works all day and grandson helps me if I ask….my son is going hiking for 4 days next week….he has called but he hasn’t driven down here…I am in a mood!
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    You definitely need a grill!

Love to have one, but at the moment it's towards the back of the list. We need to replace the couch badly because at this point no one wants to sit on it because it angries up their back. And if I get the sort with built in recliners I can sleep in it post-surgery. And then there's the whole engagement and wedding ring thing, and then I want a puppy, and he'll be about $2000. So getting a grill is sort of lower on the list.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I've erased and will TL;dr:

--check out pet insurance companies and coverages. Try to figure out what future pricing will be. Currently my $50 a month dog insurance from 6 years ago is coming in at $207 per month. That's a bit above inflation and has to do with age. By the way, this is WITH the 30% claim free over six years discount. This year's price was quoted before any claims went through.

--consider, strongly, getting an unwanted jailed dog from one of the shelters. including the many kill shelters. They may be a bit more work to start. But I think it is worthwhile.

--don't forget that pets like good couches too! :wink:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    What kind of pet insurance?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Today was Rome Reality day!

Finally talked with the fellows I'm working with and turned out it is up to me to book flights....
    BOOKED!
    And I added on three full days for me to wander/play/gaze after the work stuff is done. Was in a panic at first - this is something I would have liked to take some time to plan (since it turns out it was me planning :) - and I'm not sure how it is all going to come together - but none of that matters because for certain I will be in ROME for TEN DAYS at the end of June beginning of July.

Holy Schmoley!

Right now I don't even care if I have little to wear.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    Had one of the tubs from yesterday for lunch - was Leek & Potato Soup (can’t remember making it!) - was ok! The other is Sweet & Sour Pork - I’ve baggsied that! OH is sorting himself out …. And sulking I think 🙄😉

Yeah for soup! Does "baggsied" mean it went into the trash?

I'm always entertained when I'm not quite certain what something is until it has defrosted a bit. Keeps life exciting :)
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Beautiful sunny day here and hot cross buns for breakfast!
    I was going to come on here & share The-day-that-started-so-well-but-ended-so-badly! Suffice to say it involved my poor, MIL who has Alsheimers, a trip to the Police Station and my having to complete my work records from yesterday today, with the oH being in a mood because I will have “ruined yet another BH” …In my post covid hue, all I can think is I’m so tired I could cry, but determind to stay within calorie range & not blow it, in these early days, on comfort food like I do ..did in the past!
    Doing writing as we speak & getting on with organising & going to take mutt to the river to dance with ducks🦆🦆🦆🦢🦢🦢
  • Janatki
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »

Yeah for soup! Does "baggsied" mean it went into the trash?

I'm always entertained when I'm not quite certain what something is until it has defrosted a bit. Keeps life exciting :)

“Baggsied” - northern english for claimed! Though well go into the bin today as didn’t eat it . Was at MILs and no fresh, indate food in there , so was ready meals for us fro the local Tesco’s minimart…. They do a tasty chicken in mushroom sauce with spuds & green beans that runs to an acceptable 281 kcals that is an okay substitue in an emergency!
  • Janatki
    Options
    Today was Rome Reality day!

Finally talked with the fellows I'm working with and turned out it is up to me to book flights....
    BOOKED!
    And I added on three full days for me to wander/play/gaze after the work stuff is done. Was in a panic at first - this is something I would have liked to take some time to plan (since it turns out it was me planning :) - and I'm not sure how it is all going to come together - but none of that matters because for certain I will be in ROME for TEN DAYS at the end of June beginning of July.

Holy Schmoley!

Right now I don't even care if I have little to wear.

Oh how exciting! Love, love that City, though was a young ‘un when went there!
    Options
    How exciting, Laurie! That's wonderful!

Up early to try it out (I'll start getting up at this point when Boyfriend goes back to work) and it seems to be okay with my body so far. Going to start on the garlic bread so that I can get the oven free later. (I use my oven as a proofing chamber, so while the bread is making, I can't bake anything else.)
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Such organized meal planning, I see. But, I could never achieve that kind of organization. Well, no. I attempt. But, my indecisive (or is it actually really decisive? 🤔) self would change all meal plans at the drop of a hat. So, some days, I feel like eating volume. On other days I feel like eating something quality. But, most days, I let fulfilling the protein requirement and what's in my kitchen dictate what I eat, so I don't overload my head with deciding what to eat. There's just too much good food in the world. 😩

On the other hand, it randomly decided to rain for two days, I had a cold-weather moment this past week, and now it's sunny. What? I swear California weather changes as quickly as a baby's face.

Wow! That sounds like a fantastic experience, @lauriekallis! Do enjoy your stay there and show pictures!? I was hoping to visit friends in Germany this year. Still, the Ukraine-Russia thing really put a damper on things after COVID. ☹ Family doesn't really want me going anymore because of that.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    You bought a ticket to ITALY in ONE day? It takes me that long to book my regular flight from dad's to home!!!!! Did you check out PC Travel? Do you have your $119 PC insider subscription going (invite code gets both people extra points)? It gives you a REAL 5% of your flight costs in optimum points. Plus what you get from the credit card you use. And I say real because some places increase the price before decreasing it. The flights I've checked with them WERE priced the SAME as elsewhere. So unlike Vancity Travel Rewards they've passed the smell test!

And I fully expect our share of pictures and descriptions!!! <-- YES! We're all going to Italy with Laurie!!!

Alexandra... it still sounds amazing to me. I literally have no idea what I'll make for dinner. Though I get your issue with when hungry... I may have accidently consumed some un-bunnie-like easter eggs laid down by the Ferrero Rocher bunny. That's not a good bunny to know for 70g so far. It's actually a terrible bunny to play with if you're trying to reduce your energy reserves!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    And just HOW did the Ferrero Rocher bunny manage to hop to your house?
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Well... there is this very involved and convoluted path having to do with incorrect prescriptions, going back for the correct one, 30% off if you hit a certain minimum, and some prime looking "Ferrero" staring at you right by the till! The hamsters 🐹 are kind-a-dumb and easy to convince ya know!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yeah! Everyone is coming to Rome with me!

PAV - I'm crazy busy with work at the moment - no time to think - and piling on any extra stress would have just made me....you all know what extra stress does!....so I just went ahead and booked them. Took me exactly 1 hour, followed by a walk to the grocery store to get my head around the whole thing and then one little blueberry pie for courage before I filled in those fields and pushed the online buttons.
    I think the gods were smiling on me. I'm going to carry on believing that these are the best possible tickets available. :)
    Pretty well exactly $1000 for the return trip - travelling at times that work for me. The trip there has no stop over, the trip home has a short one in Montreal. I'm shocked at how inexpensive it was.

I can't believe I have two of those chocolate bunnies in the closet to give away on Sunday - they have been there for 2 weeks untouched!
    Ice cream I picked up for The Boy's visit though...that is a different story tonight.