Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I was just being silly @conniewilkins56 - suggesting that there is NO wrong place so you cannot be posting in the wrong place. These threads are all stirred up anyway - I'm always happy to read what you've written no matter where it is.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I was just being silly @conniewilkins56 - suggesting that there is NO wrong place so you cannot be posting in the wrong place. These threads are all stirred up anyway - I'm always happy to read what you've written no matter where it is.

I knew you were joking!….I am old and confused!….when I called 911 last week when we couldn’t get up I told the operator, “ We have fallen and we can’t get up ! “…..like the old commercials for life alert buttons…
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    These days I have to do an online grocery shops… just can’t bear to go anymore and rangle my way through the shopping trolleys and …people!
  • Janatki
    Options
    I wish I was organised like that …. Just pulled 2 tubs of I-do-not-what out of the Freezer for tonight’s tea! Labels must have fallen off! 😳
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Organizing soothes me deeply. Probably because I'm autistic. Putting things into order makes me feel happy.

And by making a list I don't have to try to remember. I don't have to figure out what's important. I put it on the list. I can look at the list. Which is good, because I will not remember. Not reliably. That's the ADHD.

But now the precooking list is made, the final shopping list is made and put in store order, and while I won't print it out till tomorrow (often someone has One More Thing on Wednesday night/Thursday morning) I am at the point where I can call that done.

Am cleaning the kitchen and generally wiping behind and underneath where I usually don't on a daily basis but do once a week.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    ... Just pulled 2 tubs of I-do-not-what out of the Freezer for tonight’s tea! 😳

Hope it is something tasty! :D
  • Janatki
    Options
    ^^ I am doing your trick too @conniewilkins56 …. My tubs of whatever should be in Supper posts!

My day has been ok! No more to say!
    Options
    We're having pork chops in a couple weeks! I just saw it on the schedule and thought YUM.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options
    But can you help me figure out what we're having in 10 minutes!?!??!?!?! :scream:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Take-out? Delivery? Restaurant?
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    But can you help me figure out what we're having in 10 minutes!?!??!?!?! :scream:

And THAT is why I have a five week menu, because otherwise I wind up doing just that. It's so comforting to know what I'm doing on an ongoing basis.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I do a weekly menu. Checking on weekend that I have or can defrost what I need. I don’t know that I can do 5 weeks in advance like Alexandra - she’s a force of nature!
    Options
    Honestly, the five week is sort of same week repeated with variation.
    I do a different "theme" each day of the week. One is always a leftover meal to deal with anything left, of course. But, for example, Monday is what I refer to as "slab"...aka, a piece of meat on a plate with sides, rather than in a stirfry or something like that. Well, what qualifies? Pork chop. Chicken cutlet. Steak. Fish fillet. Oh, look. That's four weeks of different Monday meals right there. You can make the theme anything you want. It just guides you so you can figure out "same but different" stuff.

Five weeks is because I don't want it to always be "First Monday is pork chops". Plus through experimentation, five weeks is about the time span for something to go from "Oh, this again?!" to "Oooh! I haven't had that for ages! Yum!"
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm still blaming Alexandra for the zucchini weenie! :wink: Cooked, eaten... but clean up still to do! The more it is settling in... the more likely I am thinking I am to repeat it, or a variation!
    Options
    Off to the store with Girlfriend today to do the weekly shop and prescription pick up. Then I get to settle into precooking. Here is the current precooking list:
    Make garlic bread
    Make bread rolls
    Bake bacon
    Chop bacon and freeze in packets for quichecake.
    Make pulled beef/peppers quichecake.
    Make bacon onion swiss quichecake.
    Cut steak and freeze in packets.
    Make shish tawook and freeze in marinade.
    Make Chinese chicken packets
    Make Chinese chicken sauce packets.
    Make white rice and freeze in 2 oz packets
    Make saffron rice and freeze in 2 oz packets.

Shish tawook is grilled chicken marinaded in a tomato-yogurt-spice blend. You're supposed to skewer them and make kabobs but I usually just toss them on a rack over a sheet pan and broil them. They're good that way too. I tend to cut the meat and freeze it in the marinade, and then I can just thaw it and cook it pretty quickly without a lot of fuss.