Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    TBH? Sounds like an awesome price! And way less than what cccgg's trips have been costing starting "next door" to Italy and ending, well, almost🙀 "next door" to you in Canada!😹
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Good morning!
    Calmer day in the Alla Atki household today? Do hope so!, though “guest” son No. 2 is AWOL… he may or may not turn up!
    And especially determind to meet goals and aims for my habits I want to improve/ continue to develop….royally told off for my lack of 🐰🐰🐰’s yesterday & quite rightly so! Especially as I sneaked 3 squares of cute Caramac in there! 🤗
    Going hunting as we “speak” … and 100g of deliciously sweet & wet grapes being bolted down….Ravenous this morning! 😬
    Beautiful day lifting through the haze here this morning, no footy to go to as tha aforementioned offspring is on a red card with a monetary fine, for some heat of the moment,choice words to the referee last week…. Did I drag that boy up😡
    Calls for a day in the garden, greenhouse to winter decluter & fill!

Addendum Not starting well.. took me 5 to get the Wordle this morning!🤨🤪

@lauriekallis .. impressed with speed of booking flights to Romeo…. Window shopping here for trip to Japan & that is not till mid or even late 2023… and son isn’t even there yet to visit 🤣🤣🤣
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,819 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Morning everyone - it's a beautiful warm sunny day here in the UK so I've been for an 11km walk and a 40km bike ride to get me off to a good start for the weekend. It was glorious whizzing along the lanes just after sunrise - I spotted a few bunnies but they were of the furry variety, glaring at me from the hedgerows for talking about the desirability of increaing my bunny-eating.

Today is day 36 of maintenance and my weight is holding steady (63kg this morning) - I'm still vacillating about whether to push on or enjoy maintenance for a while, but it's looking more likely that I'll plump for another couple of months at maintenance before pushing on to lose my final few kilos in the autumn.

Have a great weekend everyone, whatever plans you have. My weekend involves lots more cycling to take advantage of the lovely weather and - when I'm not out on my own bike - watching the men's and women's Paris-Roubaix cobbled bike races today and tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,843 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Getting ready for a hot and stormy Easter. But the coming week looks wonderful!

I love reading PAV’s posts on shopping - for anything. So reminds me of hubby who has to examine all the angles of a purchase ( including groceries). Sales? Cash back? Twofers? Clearance? Senior discount? Buy one get one? Which card to maximize airline fares? 🤯 The agony and what ifs drive me nuts. Hours of indecision and analysis.

It’s not about the money as much as a blood sport or challenge to weasel out the absolute best deal. The pantry is cluttered with odd items that neither of us likes BUT the price was soooo good it couldn’t be passed up. That’s why I no longer shop for groceries unless I can go alone. I tune out when vacation plans are being made because the options go on and on.

I’m with Laurie. If the price is good, stop looking. Book the dang flight and move on.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. Look, book, forget about it.

And never, ever compare what you paid with the person in the next seat as they’re sure to have found some hen’s teeth never-to-be-repeated deal. Ignorance is bliss.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Wimin🙀

What if that OTHER person gets MY deal???????🐹🐹🐹🤯🤬

👅
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Happy celebrating❣️😘
  • jenniferelizabethwiseman
    Options
    Ugh, today, my hubby keeps asking me if I want some garlic knots, some ribs, and insisted on pouring me a glass of wine for no reason at all. I am choosing to assume that he really doesn't understand how much this derails me, as opposed to thinking that he is intentionally sabotaging my efforts! I tell him I am really focused, but he presents the opportunities so sweetly!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well it’s Easter and a semi feasting day for us. I fell off the 🐇 trail with a bang. Started with deviled eggs and went on to Peeps and on and on. Many goodies later 😳🤭
    So I’ll not try to tally the damage and move on to tomorrow.
  • Janatki
    Options
    Family dinner - lamb roast. Lovely 💕
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Perhaps you can let him know exactly what you’ve written here? Maybe he is unaware of how this is hurtful? Then some counseling might work.
  • Janatki
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi @jenniferelizabthwiseman!
    I wouldn’t like to pass a judgement about your husband sabbotaging your weightloss or indeed about any issues in your relationship. To me it generally is never clear from the outside. I do suggest that you try to talk to him about your feelings, as in my experience, he need to know how he is making you feel and how he made you feel before you lost the weight. Good luck to a productive conversation 🤍
  • jenniferelizabethwiseman
    Options
    Thank you--I HAVE tried to make him aware, and we have been in counseling at times. He is autistic, which makes it a little harder because he has a lot of difficulty understanding how his directness and honesty can be perceived. Sometimes I just need to vent, since I know this is how he is, and I need to rely on others for support and validation when he is unable to give it for whatever reason. There are lots of good things about him, but this is one area where he is not the person I can rely on!