• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Sounds like a better start to your day! I hope it continues. 😊
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    +1 Alexandra. Happy cooking!
  • PAV8888
    Between car loading, occasional calls for issues, driving and picking out a hotel.... Yooly saved the day partially and I had 4 bunnies worth of carrots and radishes and a clif bar to go to 6pm when I got to the Indian band travel centre that sells.... FRY bread!

Total hamster 🐹 moment between the wind, explaining to dad and trying to split the three savoury and one Saskatoon berry fry bread between us... NO PICTURES :heartbreak::flushed: Saskatoon berries were plentiful enough to be between 🐇 and 🐰. If glaze counts... :lol:

The Minnesota nutritional database has the 359g of total fry bread consumed at 1371Cal. Can't say it felt too far off!!!🤔 Yes, the Oxo scale provides its own platform and is in the car! :wink:

I don't know why people expect to be congratulated and offered bonuses when they send me videos of Reefer Otter Shish Kebab while making comments like the one I can hear in the short video???
    https://icedrive.net/s/t6N4jYXjCx1v9b3D28u7fXg3YZWf

And then followed up at 3am by: "What's that hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Hmm what could that be used for at 3am? *Kittening* skunk! Right in the front yard." To my question: "wounds"... "Nah, as usual: head and face."

Sigh, little ATM looked so innocent in the cage and the staged adopt me pictures...

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited May 2022
    OMG. Fry bread! Mercifully it is not available anywhere near me. Manna of the gods.

Gym this morning followed by a visit to the clinic for another round of steroid shots. Got to review my X-rays and MRI. So the hip has bone spurs, calcification and thickened bursa. Good news is it’s not bad enough for surgery. Just more stretching and exercise. A few pain pills 💊 too.

Today I’ll indulge in my pre-trip preparations. I always do a thorough house cleaning and mopping. Day before leaving it’s fresh sheets, towel and vacuuming too. Hubby thinks I’m nuts but it’s so nice to come home to a clean house and recover from travel!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Glad today came with a bit of relief, Alexandra.

PAV - are you saying reefer got it in the face???? The gods give and the gods taketh away.

Good news I guess, Yooly? I get it on the house cleaning - it does feel so good to come home to a "nice" feeling home.
  • PAV8888
    When you stick your nose in a skunk's tail... thankfully peroxide, baking, drop of soap as catalyst works quite well
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like to throw in a listerine rinse too!
  • Yoolypr
    I’m here too Bella. Weekends are tough. Going out for Mother’s Day lunch today. So there will be some calories to navigate.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,701 Member
    Happy sunday Yooly! Enjoy your mother's day lunch, try to make good choices but don't forget it's an annual occasion so it's won't hurt you if you over-indulge a little.
  • Yoolypr
    I’m down a few pounds in anticipation of our trip next week. There will be much home cooking and eating out. Thanks for the encouragement- ❤️
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Good afternoon! Happy Mother’s Day! It ‘isn’t here, but I feel it is as my eldest & his lovely GF are down from Edinburgh to visit, taking my car - that has sat in the garage more or less for two years, as I work from home!
    They are takingg it for the summer to go travelling down around. The GF is from the Czech republic and so will be nice for them both…Food wise has a bit tricky, as the GF is vegan….. I am making a pasta dish & making my own pasta (Gulp! ) - a ravioli - for us tea tonight! Wish me luck! Nervous as no meat for the centre dish 🤣🤣🤣
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 2022
    Hubby’s Sicilian grandmother taught me to make homemade ravioli and pasta. Nothing better but I haven’t made it in years. I think I quit after making 12 dozen homemade ravioli for a party for hubby’s young troops. Those boys could eat!

I’m sure Janatkis son and GF will be impressed! Try a spinach lasagna with homemade noodles?
  • PAV8888
    Oh Laurie. This wasn't the type of Mother's day surprise i would have wished for you.

BUT, BUT, BUT: think of it this way. Some of the East coast is beautiful to visit! So you'll have a good excuse to travel and explore!
  • PAV8888
    Well... for all of you (apparently as I'm now learning all of us) so afflicted...

lsq9vn5zadca.png