Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,845 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    No offense taken 🤭. You probably don’t need skin cancer checks as much as those of us in the sunbelt. And those of us who fried ourselves in the 70s working on the perfect tan.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I recall coming back pretty fried up as a teen. In fact I recall an emergency "yogurt-ing" session which, surprisingly did result in substantial reduction in pain. And having fever and shivering bouts after accidentally overlong sun exposures... together with the obligatory new batch of skin.... so all is not necessarily 100% safe AND I can't really see my back!!! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well then you need a skin check PAV👃🦵🦶💪👂

Probably a good idea for most people. Nothing like having someone thoroughly inspect your body with a magnifying glass!!!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    lol. That sounds like a really good idea, Yooly. Myself and several friends keep finding "things" - after a lifetime in the sun (most of which without sunscreen) an annual skin check makes more sense than some of those other regular checks which shall remain unnamed.

You leave our Yooly alone, PAV. She is a married woman!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oy- I’ve been married almost twice as long as I’ve been single.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    My back is sore and I want to go to bed and there's no point until they stop making noise with the fireworks. (sigh)

My back is sore because I'm working on getting a breast reduction, so I'm sitting round with my bra off deliberately inducing a skinfold infection. So that the doctor can see it and log it. (sigh) Stupid hoops.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hate the 🧨 firecrackers! We’ve had 25 consecutive days over 100+ and no rain. So the grass, plants and trees are very dry. We’re under an outdoor burn ban. Yet my neighbors are setting off hundreds of legally purchased armaments right in the street.
    I’m waiting for the roof or trees to start burning 🔥. No point calling the police as it’s not illegal and not considered outdoor burning. It’s Texas, what more need I say?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That sounds like a horrible hoop, Alexandra :(

I don't mind the fireworks - except they terrify the dog. For days now she is just quivering like an too tightly strung violin. Hasn't relaxed since last week.

I had a nice eating experience today. Came home after dropping The Boy home - first "walk" since Wednesday - and the foot is feeling better for the rest. But, after him here for 5 days I sort of felt inclined (obsessed) with eating something "good" - maybe takeout of some sort - something extravagant. But I couldn't really decide so I figured I would take out the garbage - which first mean doing a onceover of the fridge. I found a bit of hummus in there - worth eating - with a few crackers left over from the boy. By the time the garbage was out, I didn't really want anything extravagant. And settle for a tea and a pear on top of the hummus and crackers. Not sure if that will work every time, but it did tonight. Saying yes to myself, but eating a "snack" first to take the edge off. Maybe that will be a winner.
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Day 26 of 100+ days thus far. And the future isn’t hopeful
    47yyueydsbpd.jpeg

It just saps your endurance even in an air conditioned gym. I’m also still trying to get answers to my weird gut pains. No available appointments for my primary doc until late September! Where did all the medical people go? I guess many just burned out during the worst of covid. Can’t really blame them. But unless I have an emergency room crisis I’m stuck waiting and worrying.
    Options
    We are just barely holding on here what with the heat and humidity so high. It makes my brain just stop working, and the a/c is not managing to keep up.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Now you know why I'm against brain frying! Been there, done that, prefer not to "wash" my shirts in sweat!😹

Laurie I've discovered that there is a lot more obsessing while really hungry vs when less so. Hence the apples way back when when losing to take the edge off while I cooked. Hence the vanilla cone before dinner. Most clock in at around 300 Cal as opposed to the advertised 240. But having one gives me a couple of hours to prep food and/or eat while not super hungry.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So PAV is obviously not a tropical hothouse flower 🌺. Yeah - the heat this year is the worst. Hottest May and June on record - July is looking bad too. I do remember one summer with ninety days over 100!

I’ve tried the eat something before a meal trick. Sometimes it works but other times I just keep eating. All depends on how “in control” I feel. Crazy hungry 🤪 and all bets are off.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I have no problem about continuing to eat BUT

But, one of the changes between old me and new me is what happens after I've spent calories on incidentals or before the main meal.

Back in the day the main meal was sacred. I got my breakfast, lunch and dinner because everyone gets breakfast lunch and dinner and them 's the rules regardless of how much I had snacked before.

Did I just eat a family size bag of tortilla chips while waiting for dinner to cook? Well that was a snack that wasn't dinner. Now dinner has to follow.

Logging says: I've eaten all my calories on snacks. Too bad so sad. Dinner is postponed till late night snack time or has to move over to tomorrow or has to be modified to fit the calories
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Old me and new me are still fighting each other. And yes, when pre-eating goes into major calories I do skip the meal now. Can’t really digest that much food at one time anymore.
    Options
    I've had to just draw a hard line and say after dinner and the dishes done and kitchen cleaned, I'm DONE. Apparently right now eating just a little before bed doesn't work, because I end up just eating and eating and eating. So if I need to do this for a while to break the pattern, okay.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Dammit, tested positive for Covid, again!
    This time it looks like O4-5, since I have a pretty decent fever. Let's see..C:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So sorry you’re going through this again Dante. I fear even with vaccines we’re all going to have covid in some form much like seasonal flu. Hope you feel better soon!
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2022
    Options
    🤬🤬🤬🤧🤒🤬🤬🤬🤞
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope it passes quickly, Dante. <3
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 2022
    Options
    So today mostly indoor fun. A little mopping, laundry, dusting....

Switched cable/WiFi provider yesterday and got new tv boxes, routers, modem. Listening to hubby being guided by son on getting it connected and running. Much cursing and 🤯😱🙏. The obvious solution would have been to get the cable people out here to do it. Why do men insist on tackling things where they have no expertise?

Sounds 👂 like we’re getting close to the finish line after several tech support calls and more swearing. Probably a half hour job for cable dude!

We’ll all have to visit a confessional 😇to purify our tainted ears.