Share Your Day

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    Just be kind to yourself, Yooly - or will be down there to give that mean self a talking to 🙂

Nic, you are truly awesome!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    I am taking a rest day today. Fewer steps, some meal prep, soaking in the hot tub (I did the hot tub yesterday too, lol), just chilling a bit.
  • lauriekallis
    You have certainly earned some self care time, Nic!

I've had a lovely day. Some painting (finished the painting of my daughter in law's Nan's house - sort of - I've finished the version with green trim - and photographed it so her mother can print a version to hang - now I can paint the trim white and it will really be finished!

I've also painted a friends dog - half Bernese Mountain Dog/Half St Bernard. This was another trial to see how well the eye functioned. It has been a bit weird but I CAN paint :) in a weird way - and large scale - but that is all okay!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,199 Member
    Sounds like a big win Laurie! Hope you’ll share some photos with us.
  • lauriekallis
    Twist my arm, YOoly :) My friend took the pictures yesterday. We negotiated the painting outside - it was overcast so perfect lighting with no glare :) - but it was really windy so it was tricky to hold the painting upright.

He "snuck" a photo of me holding the painting. Which I would have objected to, but now I'm really glad he didn't tell me. I'm happy for the photo. I'm getting past this hating myself thing - it is just a little fat! - no need to hate :) My expression is killer too...lol...very serious artist (trying not to parasail across the yard).

It is also good for scale. Apparently painting LARGE works for me :)

ythhaml2qqv8.jpg
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,318 Member
    Wow, that's fantastic! I love it! And you're looking pretty darn good too!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Laurie that art work is AMAZING! I absolutely love it. You have a lot of talent and I know you put a lot of hard work into it as well. I miss painting and drawing. I was no where near as good as you are, but I enjoyed it and that is what really matters.

Right now I am trying not to have a panic attack about how busy I am at work. I think I am a bit overloaded, but I am afraid to tell my boss that. Just a lot to get done and not much bandwidth to do it. I doesn't help that my general pain and fatigue levels have been high again. I spent most of the weekend on the couch.
  • Yoolypr
    edited February 26
    That’s a beautiful artwork Laurie! 😍 You’re not bad either! Love that red hair.

It’s full blown spring here. Abnormally hot 🥵 90F (35C) today. By Wednesday we’re expecting 40 degree drop. Anyway trees are flowering, hyacinths are blooming and the birds are chirping.
  • lauriekallis
    Wow! We are a bit behind you, Yooly - but a beautiful day outside my window today that I'm about to go out and enjoy.

You can look at the cold in the painting when you need, Yooly :) to cool off. Can't imagine dealing with 35C yet. Think it will hit 10C here today. That is pretty wonderful for February.

The picture is actually pretty flattering of me. Much is hidden behind the painting - and the lighting and the wind blowing my hair all over manages to hide the ridiculous amount of white roots :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    I'll be putting it all up on the big screen later! Not sure if the right or the left is the more awesome view!!!!! 🤔

I may have to convince Laurie to take up a commission!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Awwww....PAV. <3
  • Yoolypr
    Went out of town for an overnight vacation at a B&B. It’s good to get away for a bit. Eating out is always a challenge but I’m able to stay relatively within boundaries.
  • lauriekallis
    edited February 28
    That sounds fine, Yooly!

Fun in the other town? Or is the heat already too much to do much?
  • Yoolypr
    Funny yesterday was 90! Today will only make it to mid 50s. Summer and winter in two days.
  • PAV8888
    edited February 28
    Nice excursion Yooly! Well done!

Laurie... we will now have to work on the smile bit! You were WAY more relaxed with the dooglies as opposed to when you were trying to prevent your painting from flying away!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Quite reasonable, PAV. I am living life to the fullest this year! The ups - the holding on tights - no doubt some teary times too :( I will try to get a photo :()

Soon I will post a picture of the doggy portrait I've just finished. Tried with my friends shaggy beast Buster because he gave me plenty of room to navigate with his furriness. I'm quite tickled with the painting - just challenging to get a photo now because there are so many reflections....when the wind dies down here I will take it outside to photograph. This one is on paper because birch panels which I normally paint on are getting harder to find - being imported from Russia I guess explains that.
  • PAV8888
    where do we find birch panels? what sizes? inquiring minds!
  • lauriekallis
    art supply stores sell them with a "cradle" (frame) attached to the back ... usually I work 5'x5' 1/8" thick - and the closest I have found that size is in a lumber store in Quebec (picked up a dozen when I drove to Newfoundland last!) but I have to build the cradle myself.

Here is a link - very limited sizes now - and they don't call them baltic birch panels any more :(

https://www.currys.com/products/art-alternatives-gallery-wood-panels?variant=39992951505014
  • lauriekallis
    There are some available online - but VERY expensive for the larger sizes :(
  • PAV8888
    Y i K e S