Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Yooly.

The nutritionist was amazing. Far more than I expected. She is in my name mistitled because she really does seem to have a good handle on weightloss - as much as nutrition.

I walked out feeling like a million dollars and inspired and relieved.

She is busy. Next appointment not until March 20. Between now and then she has given me two tasks.

Eat a nourishing breakfast and evening snack. Focus on that. (the unsaid words - hopefully this will help get everything inbetween (and binging) stabilized.)

My new breakfast: tea, clementines, toasted pumperninkel (the really thin kind) spread with cottage cheese and seeds of some sort. She suggested adding jam???!!! That is outrageous :) but I am toying with the idea.

Evening snack: greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds (for the magnesium). This is my old routine evening snack. But things have just been so crazy and I've been so overwhelmed that many things went out the window.

I'll stop there because that is all the best stuff and that is what I want to hold onto.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Finishing day 3 of clear liquids and I tolerated at least 48oz each day.

Tomorrow, protein!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the circus is almost ready to try and fly again!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 3
    Options
    Hmm they both sound yummy and tasty @lauriekallis and that's in spite, or is it BECAUSE of the seediness?!?!?!?! :wink: I wonder whether I made a diction error... hmmm :tongue:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sounds like the circus is almost ready to try and fly again!

Day two of protein, tolerated 20g yesterday (started low), shooting for 35 or so today, am halfway there. I get 120 thoughh my TPN so I don't want to push too much.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The last few days have been, well, bad. Not only did I fall off the wagon, but me and the wagon went right over the cliff, slammed into the ground, and burst into flames.

I plan to start logging again tomorrow. I meal prepped for lunches this week already. So I am set with some Asian style chicken (frozen meal thing), rice, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted zucchini, and sautéed spinach.

I can do this. I know I can.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    How’s the re-feed process going Nic? Any prospects for something solid soon?

You definitely CAN do this Athijade! It’s a head game.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Re-feeds are going great. Energy is good, no nausea, only minor issue is multiple times a day loose stool (tmi, I know). I've been tolerating liquids for 6 days, including protein liquids for the last 3, up over my minimum threshold of 64oz daily. Dr told me if I could tolerate liquids and protein, he'd take me off the feeds. I'll have to keep the picc line for a couple more weeks, but I hope to go back to work Monday night next week.

You got this, Athijade!
  • Athijade
    Options
    Glad to see things are slowly improving Nic!

I binged again yesterday. No idea what is wrong. I'm not undereating and I feel like I am getting a good variety of food. I do feel like I am eating out of boredom or stress. But the fact that I feel like I have no control over food is causing my anxiety to spike.

Today is a new day. I just need to get ahold of myself.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Excellent Dr's appt. I stop the TPN today and the picc line comes out Thursday!

I am okayed to start pureed foods (which I hated, so I'll stick to protein drinks and soup, and I may go ahead and make pudding), and over the next month I am slowly to work towards regular diet.

I can also return to work Monday!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great news, Nic.

Binging is really tricky, Athijade. I wish you luck finding a way out - keep us posted and let us know if you find anything that works for you? I'm battling that now myself. My tasked "eat a nutritious breakfast and evening snack" may be working? Forcing myself to eat something is certainly messing with my mind :)
  • PAV8888
    edited February 6
    Options
    Hmmm.... in my books I totally relate with @Athijade 's "I do feel like I am eating out of boredom or stress." In particular the second one which normally has me eating mechanically even though I know I am doing it. Even if things have improved somewhat since I decided that I would try to externalized stress by pacing around. Which of course has resulted in me pacing around while eating mechanically!!! :lol:

I can't say I relate to the "forcing myself to eat something" bit! :open_mouth: It has seldom been a problem!

Now has become a more subtle distinction is the "I am not sure I am feeling HUNGRY" but my thought processes are currently revolving around food in a way that is indicating to me that I may be getting peckish.

This has started developing over the past few years, and it has often led to good results in getting me to eat before I'm "full on" famished and liable to make sub-par decisions.

Sort of like hitting the washroom before hitting the road sort of thing as opposed to trying for and flubbing the ensuing desperate stop in the middle of the freeway!!! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    When you are eating out of boredom or stress, PAV, are you binging? Or eating extra? (for simplicity, lets define binging as something you feel you have no control over, and continues until you are in pain.)

I'm taking you at your word with "binging" Athijade - rather than "overeating" - I think significantly different?

I am unsure about why eating this healthy breakfast / evening snack is presenting a problem. Something in the subconcious not pleased with me taking control over my eating.
  • PAV8888
    edited February 7
    Options
    I've vaccilated many times on what to call it.

Clinical definition of binge is quite specific. Even though I've had more than one episode of that I don't think I would qualify for the diagnosis when you take the interval between events into consideration.

More not fully wanted or and un controlled eating perhaps? Definitely overeating beyond what's needed?

Truthfully the only times I've stuffed myself to painfully full were not uncontrolled but deliberate AYCE and not the same thing at all.

Generally when something like this has happened to me there is no sense of satiation at the time regardless of calories

But I've definitely been on the phone stressed out munching and discussing it with the other person and not quite able/willing to let go of the crackers or chocolate or chips or cookies or peanuts and you will note that it's almost never carrot sticks!

So I guess I may well be relating to only part of 'jade's experience!🤷‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm happy and maybe a bit not :) to read that post PAV. Because bingeing has been all too real for me lately - in alll its specific glory. I respect your thoughts on all these matters and ... thought you would give us some brilliant well thought out solutions :)

I"m personally hoping that the now the tremendous stress of the pastyear has lightened - I might find my way out of this quagmire. Especially if I can outsmart the hamsters. Two days binge free :) (Sort of - yesterday was on the edge but more eating too much of a discovered treat than bingeing - maybe - I think/hope)

• PAV8888
    Options
    Baby Steps Ms Laurie! Baby steps!
  • Athijade
    Options
    I guess what it is may not be binging in the most clinical or definitions, but it is uncontrollable eating of anything and everything within grasp. I have knowledge of what I am doing, but it's like there is a little demon inside my head telling me "more more more". No matter how I feel fullness wise.

Today is gonna be a rough day. Having a high fatigue, brain fog, and dizziness day. Still a month before my appointment with a neuro. My primary is pretty sure it is post covid chronic fatigue and I check all the boxes of it. If it wasn't such a busy day at work I may have taken the day off. Just gonna do the best I can.

Sigh... I feel like all I do is whine and complain.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    🐣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I hope you can get to the other side of this, Athijade. This is no way to live.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great progress, Nic!!!