Share Your Day

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Had a doctor's appointment today for this cough that I have had for 6 weeks. We did do some tests just to rule out infection still, but she believes it is a post viral reactive airway cough. So she has sent in some steroids and an inhaler for me. Hopefully something will help because I am so over this.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    Sniffling puppies
    Brrrrrrrr puppies
    (Ok overly hot puppies too; but probably have a month or two before this becomes an issue again)
    Caughing puppies
    Ouchies puppies
    Puppies of the world unite!
    Let's all join the 😎 club!🤞
    🤗🫂🤗😘
  • PAV8888
    edited January 11
    Hope it clears up soon 'jade!

Good job Yooly! Here's your chance for soup city!
  • PAV8888
    brrrrrrrrrr puppy here! (and joyful driving around too..... 75 minutes for a 10 minute drive!)
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    Sleepy Puppy here :)

Home. My own bed - and puppy number two here for a few days :) soothes the sting of leaving The Boy behind a little bit. Hope everyone is good soon! Drive safe, PAV. Night Night all.
  • PAV8888
    Night early puppy
  • Athijade
    Snowy puppy today... Chicago is supposed to be in for a lot of snow. Started before i got up this morning and it is supposed to keep going until tomorrow morning some time. I have to walk to the pharmacy to get my meds too which will be a mess.
  • PAV8888
    Ha! You're no snow puppy! You my friend are a snow cat! 😘 Hopefully not a very windy one!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,199 Member
    Hope you got the meds before the blizzard hit in Chicago Athijade! It’s going to get mighty cold down here too. No snow but possibly freezing rain. Temps in the low 30s and teens at night. It won’t last long but enough to worry about frozen pipes because there are no basements here.

Welcome back home Laurie.

Stay warm everyone!
  • lauriekallis
    Pretty exciting weather everywhere today!!!
  • Athijade
    So almost ended up in the ER this afternoon/evening. Seems my body reacts to Prednisone quite highly. I started having a high heart rate (120+ bmp, my normal is like 85 to 90) and it was pounding. Luckily I was able to get an online urgent care appointment, but they pretty much just said it was likely the meds but I should think about going in to get checked out.

I didn't go.

But within like 30 mins the pounding stopped and within 2 hours my heartrate started to drop. It is now about 100 bpm which is the upper end of "normal".

Gonna stop the Prednisone. Luckily only had one dose so that shouldn't be a problem. Will reach out to my doctor Tuesday (holiday on Monday) to let her know. I will keep taking the inhaled steroid so fingers crossed that will help.
  • Yoolypr
    That’s scary Athijade! Hope you’re okay now.
  • PAV8888
    🤞'jade

And of course all issues pop up at the beginning of long weekends!

Typical!😡
  • Yoolypr
    Trying to stay warm. The high temperature today and tomorrow about 25-27F (-3C). It will be over by Wednesday and we’ll be back to sweater weather. Brrrrr 🥶
  • Yoolypr
    Digging through my closet for “winter” clothes! They get used so infrequently that I shove them in the back. But for the next few days it’s time to layer up. There’s a puffer coat somewhere…….
  • lauriekallis
    edited January 15
    And when you find it, that puffer coat will fit!!!!

Chilly here too - and very windy yesterday. I went out with the pups to the lake and just about turned back a few minutes in. But figured out how to hold my face and the leashes at the same time and we did it. Headache hung around till the end of the day though. Really hope I don't have to get used to this :)

Where the heck did this winter thing come from??????

How are you, PAV? Seems your side of the continent got hit with this cold a bit harder than here in the middleish.
  • Yoolypr
    The puffer coat fits. But I recall it being a teeny bit looser before. So time to get serious 🧐
  • Athijade
    Woke up to -4F temps and wind chills of about -30F. Today's high will be 3F with a Wind Chill Warning of wind chills of -25F to -35F. We will get back into the positives and even double digits tomorrow with a high of 17F!

So yea, it has been cold. Luckily I have not had to go anywhere.
  • Yoolypr
    It’s cold and lonesome here lately 😩. Where did everyone go? Happy that Athijade is safe and warm. And keeping me company!
  • lauriekallis
    Sorry, Yooly! Getting my "back home" feet under me....but wait till you see my bunny picture!!!