Share Your Day

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,199 Member
    edited December 2023
    I’m starting to clean up Christmas decor. I want to start the new year in a nice clean house without the clutter. And by a few days after Christmas I’m just over it. Hubby would leave things up until February….. so bit by bit I’m starting to remove things so he’s not shocked by a total sudden re-do.

Today it was the table, kitchen and the stockings. Tomorrow the wreaths and second tree. Yes we have two trees 🌲. The man loves his Christmas! The going is slow because I’m still in a wrist brace! Hubby will not like heaving it all into the attic but I can’t help him much.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    I don't know about cleaning in a brace?!?!?! :neutral:
    I mean it is a ready made excuse to NOT clean...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    We got the inflatable hot tub set up yesterday, and filled. I've been sitting in it for almost an hour. It's amazing.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    You better be careful PAC, your mighty cute, surrounded by all those girls! I think they would love to pat that red tummy.

Good for you, Yooly. I'll have some Christmas decorations to address when I get home… It's nice being here surrounded by other people's Christmas decorations that I do not have to worry about 😁

A hot tub sounds amazing!
  • PAV8888
    :naughty:
  • Yoolypr
    Isn’t there a time limit on hot tub sitting? I do envy the hot tub Nic. A friend had an inflatable one years ago when she was going through a very stressful time. She said it helped save her sanity!

Christmas is packed up and ready to go in the attic. Whew! Less clutter, clean spaces - I hope it contributes to a calmer mind and better control of my choices.
  • PAV8888
    Wow Yooly: this was FAST. And there I would have thought you to be a Christmas gal!
    I'm still thinking of putting up a tree! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Wow Yooly: this was FAST. And there I would have thought you to be a Christmas gal!

The trees, decor etc. was put up the last week of November! So about 6 weeks of Christmas all over the house. Six storage containers (!!!!) and two trees went into the attic today. By the time the gifts are opened and New Years approaches, I’m done.

Perhaps because as an immigrant I didn’t grow up with extended family. In my nomadic life there were no fixed traditions. Different towns, different people, sometimes hubby wasn’t home at Christmas- it was a freelance celebration for us.

We tried to make it festive at home for son as best we could with decoration and special meals. During his childhood we tried to get back to our families in Ohio during Christmas when we could. Driving hours or days in the car risking winter weather. Later when we could afford it, we’d fly. Then there were the cancellations and sleeping on the floor at the airport. By the time son was in high school (30 years ago) we just found it easier to stay home.

Hubby had the whole Italian childhood with tons of close relatives and friends. So he’s all about Christmas. But honestly it’s not a deep sentimental thing for me. I guess I never believed in Santa
    🎅🏻.
  • lauriekallis
    Happy New Year!!!
    4im3efv2ho54.jpeg
    snuw1pn2pbew.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Happy new year Laurie- and everyone out there.

Looks positively Arctic up there in Newfoundland. Brrrrrrrrr!
  • PAV8888
    Happy New Year y'all!😎

Healthy & Happy!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Happy New Year everyone!!!

I WILL finally take steps in making myself a priority when it comes to health. I have been putting it off way way too long.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Back to tracking heavily again. I took some time off and just eyeballed what I was eating. I didn't want to stress abotu it during the holiday season. Scale went up a little but not much. Really not too bad especially since the gym was also closed. I don't really do the whole new year new me stuff. I am the same person I was last week. I just want to be less of a person when the following week ends. It's all about the little steps and not getting overwhelmed at the big goal!

Nic how hard was your hot tub to set up? I got one last year for Christmas and it is still in the box. I really want to get it set up and soak. I love a hot tub!
  • Yoolypr
    Back to the gym early this morning. Did what I could with the wrist brace still on. I’m hoping Thursday I can get it off. But I know I still have to take it easy on any arm/upper body work for a while.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Isn’t there a time limit on hot tub sitting? I do envy the hot tub Nic. A friend had an inflatable one years ago when she was going through a very stressful time. She said it helped save her sanity!

Christmas is packed up and ready to go in the attic. Whew! Less clutter, clean spaces - I hope it contributes to a calmer mind and better control of my choices.

My hot tub isn't super duper hot. I was 104 when we took the lid off, 102 within 20 minutes or so. Maintained at 102 for about an hour, then dropped towards 100. By the time I got out it was down to 98. None of that if hotter than a long tub soak in your bath tub I don't think.
  • PAV8888
    tub sounds good... raining.... not at hot tub temperature! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    edited January 3
    Here is the most beautiful "hot" tab I've seen around here. If I ever move to Newfoundland this would be my town. Harbour Grace.

There was a town behind me when I was taking that picture but it just wasn't anywhere near as compelling.
  • lauriekallis
    yod9dy5uot43.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    I would love living near an ocean! So beautiful and majestic.
  • PAV8888
    edited January 4
    High winds!
    Damp! Seawater spray! High tide flooding! Tsunami dangers!
    Seagulls pooing on your head!
    Annoying surf/waves crashing on the sea-shore!
    I suppose some weird people may even enjoy that last one!