Share Your Day

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    I still have yet to shake this dang cold or whatever it is. Throat is less irritated and I am coughing less, but now my nose is all stuffed up and everything keeps draining down my throat. Ugh. And I can't work out with this because I can't freaking breathe!

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    29cbpwm8blsn.jpg

I've lost track, PAV. Who exactly is Lettucia again? I don't want to bring home the wrong mate, I mean scale :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    edited December 2023
    Lettucia is the variable accuracy CAD $20 green colored scale in the pictures from a few days back (below 420g at 0.01g and above 420g at 1g wink wink).

She has settled down. Works fine. Platform seems to fit my daily driver items (coffee filter, water tank for coffee, chocolate, cookies, bread slices, 1.7l glass lock for veggies, random one person tv dinners, cheese slice, cracker, smaller than otherwise unless I bother with a bowl handful of popcorn) without many adjustments or gymnastics. Updates fast enough. Seeking when items are at constant temp is non existent. No backlight. But can't really complain about price performance so she is still in the building! She is still plasticky...
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,199 Member
    edited December 2023
    I remember the dry indoor air in winter up north 🤧 Athijade. Maybe a humidifier would help with congestion?

PAV your Lettucia seems to be performing well considering the low cost. Be happy with her even if she’s a bit plasticky. No one is perfect 😘

So hubby and I baked some cookies today. How is it a man with a graduate level science degree can’t roll cookie dough to a consistent 1/4 inch? Or why he always wanders away when the timer goes off to get the cookies out of the oven? 🙄.
    Next bake off on Saturday with son and hubby….. I may have to run away from home or saw off my cast.
  • lauriekallis
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Lettucia is the variable accuracy CAD $20 green colored scale in the pictures from a few days back (below 420g at 0.01g and above 420g at 1g wink wink).

Please have mercy, PAV. I looked through your posts and am uncertain which one is Lettucia (keep in mind that I am still experiencing very wacky eyesight :( and perhaps some focus wackiness also :) )

Clearly, you are the cookie master of the household, Yooly! Hope it goes well on Saturday :)
  • PAV8888
    Whack them on the head with the cast Yooly... that ought to get their attention!
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Lettucia
    (looks like under the "right conditions" you could even get one of her cousins for $1.50 less!!!!)
    t1oharcctuaf.png
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BRYKVGV3
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Jade not sure that working out recommended if dragging a cold/infection/bleah. Maybe a walk at most?
  • lauriekallis
    Lettucia
    (looks like under the "right conditions" you could even get one of her cousins for $1.50 less!!!!)

Thank you, PAV! I might put this on my list for Santa :)!

• lauriekallis
    Hope this passes quickly, Athijade.
  • lauriekallis
    Whack them on the head with the cast Yooly... that ought to get their attention!

ig49mczfl6kz.jpg
  • PAV8888
    The MFP "moment" where you're sitting at the computer, slightly peckish, contemplating the remaining calories that you have and whether you can fit some kind of very low Cal snack in there.... and you realize that you've not yet logged 480 Cal worth of Lindor Chocolate balls (quality control issue, had to ensure they hadn't been exposed to high heat).... yup.

There went the remainder, the snack, the deficit...
  • Yoolypr
    That’s about 6 or 7 Lindor chocolates? Probably a lot less than the peanut butter or chocolate truffle cookies I’ll be forced to quality control today. Why are there so many calories in Christmas? I’m looking forward to some serious abstinence in January.
  • PAV8888
    6 :) plus 50g Toblerone plus 51.5g dark but who's counting 😱 rescued by... carrot sticks 🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Cookies are baked and go on their merry way tomorrow. Strays will be promptly frozen. I’m still dragging around last years three pounds of cookie weight and don’t need more.
  • lauriekallis
    January is coming!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Still fighting this whatever illness it is. Every day I feel a little better and the symptoms are just a bit less, but I am still just not over it.

Yesterday I did a lot of walking in the cold and that set off the coughing again. I wanted to hit up all the grocery stores to try and find simple, easy, fast, and healthy items that I can have. Right now the biggest limitation to me eating better is energy.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Baked cookies over the weekend. Freezing the dough is a game changer for me!! They baked beautifully, and it made it so much easier having the dough all ready to go. That saved me so much time! I didn't get everything done yet because I still have some candy stuff to do, but I am very close! Thanks again, Yooly, for the tip.
  • Yoolypr
    Glad it worked for you. So much easier than doing all the mixing mess and baking at the same time!
    Most dough is good in the freezer a few months…..
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    I am pausing my chocolate sampling for a bit... cause I can't really justify it as sampling or comparing... not if I want to have enough left for the baggies!!!!! :hushed:

<it has not nearly been as bad as in previous years I admit--SO FAR--holding the line by eating at maintenance and not allowing more than half of the calories to be from chocolate OR cookies for that matter... veggies get logged in first for bulk, then protein, then the choco-cookie food group!!!>