Share Your Day

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Today is my last day of work until January 2. Yay for holiday pay and PTO. Doing some traveling so I may not be around that much over that time period. If I don't get to say it later on, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    Right back at you, Athijade! Enjoy your holiday <3
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    What's a holey-day?🧐🤔
  • lauriekallis
    You should do some "hands on" research, PAV!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,199 Member
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Athijade! 🎄
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Nic - I'm sorry about your cat. I would have said something sooner, but I didn't come on here yesterday. Our old, sweet dog died yesterday morning. I was super sad all day, so I just shut down for a bit. It is hard to see these sweet animals leave us. <3 Our Jake was special. He will be missed.

However, looking forward to being done with work today. I'm anxious to spend time with my family! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
  • Yoolypr
    What losses -especially at Christmas! Hope Nic and Slashni are sustained by happier memories of their fur babies.
  • PAV8888
    I am so sorry for you @Slashnl

'jade, Nic, you. UGH.
  • lauriekallis
    aw geez. Why can't they stay with us forever. My condolences, Slash
  • lauriekallis
    So excited about going to spend a few weeks with my older son, his wife and <3 The Boy. Flight departs tomorrow at 9 p.m. Overexcited Me is also hosting dinner tomorrow. Not a big group - only 8 people, but one of those people is my younger sons girlfriend who I am meeting for the first time :D:#B)

Dinner wasn't really planned - and money wasn't available to do a lot of shopping until the last few days so everything is running last minute and I've been off on shopping trips and having dinners and "cocktails" with friends and family every night this past week.

Today Me - a different person than Overexcited Me - is sick from binging on dates and almonds last night trying to swallow down the panic creeping up. This morning is the first time I remember being healthy yet the idea of eating anything is abhorrent.

Not sure I'm ready for this holiday hosting thing - it has been a heck of a year and I've only started to maybe get my feet back under me and not having a "lie down" in the afternoon :) But it is happening and while I'm completely overwhelmed I also I feel so very blessed.

Wish me luck. Not sure if I'll be coming up for air before I wake up in Newfoundland on Wednesday morning - after a full night's sleep :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Hope your preparations are coming together and the holiday spirit wraps you up in lots of fun and love and friendship and all the good things.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Sounds like a full/too full day to me.... but so very glad for you being able to enjoy it! I'm still trying to pack a Santa bag or fifteen and get a hair cut and deliver them! 🎁🎅🏻🎄

You should enjoy your time with everyone ... and update us when and if you can!!!!😘
  • Yoolypr
    You’ll be fine Laurie. Nothing like jumping back into life with both feet. 👣

Get those goodies out of your house PAV. And have a happy Christmas.

l75bqppjpb85.gif
    fk72qcsvgf23.gif

And a very merry Christmas to all of you out there too! 🎄
  • PAV8888
    About to start the first "BIG" delivery round.... I wonder if NORAD is tracking me?!
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    About to start the first "BIG" delivery round.... I wonder if NORAD is tracking me?!

Funny thing - when we first got married hubby was stationed at NORAD inside Cheyenne mountain in Colorado Springs. At Christmas he did the Santa tracking thing. Hope your deliveries are as successful as Santa! 🎅🏻
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Oh MY! -- thankfully the pics will be gone in 7 days!

Pre-MFP starting point and my (hopefully ineffective) attempts these past few days to return there! NOT that I'm happy (at all) with some of these pictures... but it is what it is!

Beyond that, and In spite of being surrounded by Jaguars, Cheetahs, and Leopards (actually I believe my sweet P is a bona fide Tiger, not a mere leopard!) I made it out relatively un-mauled--except for slightly pinched cheeks when being told what a sweet boy I am!

https://icedrive.net/s/9545RwFyzQTfF5P8kVwPAbCCzVz9

Hope you're all having awesome holidays!
  • PAV8888
    **kittens** red tummy!😵‍💫
  • Yoolypr
    Looks like Cougars to me Mr. PAV! Which cheeks were they pinching?

I’m sure you’ll get the red tummy under control soon. We all have some self work to do.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Unknown on tummy. Suppose I can always suck it in a bit? Some clothing combinations better then others?

Currently (low 160s) space has some internal contents. So improvement is possible.

but even when quite empty (low 150s) skin still there. It would probably take getting to mid 140s for space to be fully empty and there are body reactions to that as I discovered. I.e. I would have to be even more careful if I were to ever try (again) to move to around 150 as opposed to around 155. And ensure that maintenance starts during a less exciting time as opposed to the end of lock down with travel and stress thrown in. 🤷‍♂️

But I don't think significant or fast down movements even to the 150s are in the cards in the near future.

I am limiting my goals to just coping with the ever changing world-views and "interesting" and fluid re-interpretation(s) of reality of someone near me.

And looking at my post loss weight records there is a close enough correlation between one going off the rails and the other joining in for the party.

So that's where the "big bucks" are for me.
  • PAV8888
    I'm sure the ladies would be happy to be complimented as young cougars even if they are technically qualified to hold higher positions on the feline scale! 😎
  • Yoolypr
    The curse of the loose skin. Short of major surgery, mine is here to stay. I can rearrange it in some clothes better than others.
    And then there’s the joy of losing height as I age. The body seems to rearrange itself over time regardless of weight.
    But it’s all so much better than before.