Share Your Day

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,320 Member
    Alexandra - you are an inspiration!

Connie - why be embarrassed! I love reading your post and feeling your feeling good vibes shining through. They are contagious. :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 2,951 Member
    It's a rainy and cool day today. The sort of day where you want to stay curled up in bed with all the blankets and the kitties. However, I made myself get up this morning (later then normal but I must have needed the extra sleep). I did the following:

- Baked pumpkin cheesecake muffins
    - Took apart and cleaned the dish washer
    - Wiped down the appliances
    - Cleaned the inside of the microwave
    - Swept the kitchen

Now I am back in bed because my hips and back are aching. Which is fine. I got done what I wanted to get done. So now watching paranormal shows on Discovery+. Yay for spooky season.
  • Well, the quichecake is in the oven and just about done, which is good because I'm going to try to get offline and go towards bed at nine pm. Since I'm going to start getting up at six AM, and I want at least seven hours. Tomorrow is Boyfriend's first day of work. Admittedly, it's just the orientation which they are doing remotely, and Tuesday (they think) he'll be able to go downtown and pick up his laptop and badge and such. I won't be surprised at all if he has to wait till Wednesday for them to get their ducks all in order so he can get it, though. They're good people, just...not fast.

I'm going to have to figure out a solution to the hot water issue. Boyfriend showers in the morning, so no issue. Girlfriend showers in the late morning before lunch, so no issue. But my son showers before bed, and he likes a long hot shower, and he runs the hot water out. And it is taking long enough to fill that....well, it's nine pm, he had his shower at 8, and I know right now that if I go run the bath, I'll get a tepid bath at best, because the hot water just isn't ready. (sigh)

Probably we need a new hot water heater. That wouldn't surprise me at all. We'd prefer to wait a couple of months until we get some paychecks in the bank, though.
  • Here is the bacon spinach grilled onion quichecaken4cyo6x8hk7e.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 11,428 Member
    edited October 2021
    nice quiche! you COULD live dangerously for a couple of months and play with the heat setting on the water tank's thermostat. Costs more to run. Makes the contraption die faster, I've been told. But will get the water hotter and may provide the illusion of enough hot water long enough for you to afford a replacement. If you're setup for it (mainly venting) and you're using gas, you may also want to look into the pro's and cons for "on demand". So far it hasn't won anytime I've tried to decide... but it might someday! :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,390 Member
    Or you could take your bath before your son showers or tell him to take a quicker shower!
  • 96254KG
    96254KG Posts: 3,259 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971, I hope BF's first day on the job was a success!
  • PAV8888
    🤞
  • Well, it worked out fine. It turns out he gets off at three pm which is REALLY nice, because that means he can go for a walk or to the gym after work and on a bad day it means he can nap for a couple hours before dinner. But he's going to be on call for IT problems for one week every two months (there are eight people and the duty rotates) and for that they are getting him a work phone. Mostly it's log in from here and do things to restore someone's access but it is possible he might actually have to physically go down to the server room. Which we are fifteen minutes drive from, so it's nice and easy.

He's actually onsite today; to the security office to get the badge which SHOULD be ready for him....of course, we know how bureaucracy works, don't we? I'm not optimistic...and then to the facilities office of the hospital to get his laptop. He's going to do a face to face with his boss, since they're both there, and then he'll probably be sent home to make sure the work laptop connects up, etc.

He's a Winter colorwise (very pale brunette with grey-green eyes) and I sent him off dapper in black pants, a burgundy button-down shirt, and a pair of black tone on tone brocade suspenders, and braided his long hair. He looks good. (He's one of the men who have belt problems because they have no hips to hang the belt on. He says that even as a skinny teenager he had no hips and had belt problems.)

I had a terrible bout of insomnia last night, not helped by two rounds of drenching night sweats early on just as I got to sleep. Apparently I'm not getting hot flashes during the day, just night sweats. Yay? (sigh) But I slept late to get my minimum time in, and now I'm getting myself up to speed to do what needs doing today.
  • lauriekallis
    Sounds like a pretty good set up, Alexandra! So nice when things work out well! How could things not work well when he went off looking as dapper as he sounds?

Night sweats....yuck....hope they become a thing of the past soon.
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Nice setup and nice dress up job! Remind me to talk to you next time I dress...my jeans and sweat top would benefit from some suggestions! 😹😘
  • A lot of guys won't let their partners pick out their clothes, but that's one of the places that the authority transfer works for us. He feels more secure and loved when I do that.
  • conniewilkins56
    When John and I used to travel, take vacations, go on cruises, etc, we always looked like we were going to two different places and not together!…once we were in a 5 Star hotel in Vancouver and we went to one of the lounges to have a drink….John was asked to leave because he wasn’t attired appropriately lol…another time we were at a funeral and John was freezing…the funeral director found him an overcoat to wear…we snickered during the entire funeral wondering if the coat had been on a corpse!….John refuses to wear long pants!…( like the tech on NCIS LA )…. Under bodily harm threats he has worn long pants. on a cruise and to some dinners…..I have never seen him in a tie but once!….a belt maybe a dozen times!….and yet he still manages to pull it off….looks nice and is always in the center of great converations at gatherings…people flock to him lol…on the other hand it takes me hours to get ready to go out….Men!
  • I'm just a little too feminine to be read publicly as soft butch, LOL! Very much a jeans-and-t-shirt sort of woman. I am almost always these days in black yoga pants, a plain colored t-shirt, and if I am cold a black knitted cardigan over the top of it. The thing that takes me longest is washing my hip-length hair, but I only do that once a week. Most days I get up and put on my clothes and am ready to come downstairs and start my day in seven minutes, and that includes taking my hair down and putting it back up and putting in earrings. Boyfriend takes longer. But he usually has to shave because he has an incredibly strong beard.
  • Athijade
    Anyone else trying to figure out how to fit a turkey into their freezer? I keep buying things forgetting that I have to get a dang bird up there sooner rather then later. Really trying to eat out of the freezer as much as possible this week and next. If I can find a not huge turkey this weekend I am going to grab it. It's just for me anyway. But I like to have a whole turkey so I can stuff it and I get the mixture of white and dark meat. I just end up eating the dang thing for like a week.

Also... it's cold this morning. So I am snuggled up in sweatpants, sweatshirt, and fuzzy socks. Oh, and a blanket.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,058 Member
    edited October 2021
    Thanks for the reminder, lol. You'd think that with two fridges and an upright freezer I'd have no trouble, but I will have to do some serious rearranging and reworking. And I'll be doing a larger bird because we did a smaller bird and didn't have enough leftovers to suit us last year.

I'm trying to figure out how to handle the delicate question of rolls.

Normally there would be no question; I make good bread, my sister makes good bread, my son makes good bread, whoever makes the rolls will do well and no worries. The problem is that my sister lost her husband last year (very sudden cancer dx in the middle of pandemic, serious problems with care, and death 6 months after dx) and this is the first Thanksgiving after. We're not close enough for me to call her and talk it out; she will take offense one way or the other if I do. But what I don't want to have happen is for her to be so distracted by feelings that she forgets to do the rolls, and there we are without them. That wouldn't do at all.

I think I may just make rolls that morning in addition and that way I can freeze them for us if we don't need them. That's probably safest.
  • lauriekallis
    Last night - to take my mind off tomorrow's shoulder surgery - my kidney decided to birth a little stone. :o That was an eye-popping experience.

I'm going to take it all as good timing, because now next week I'll be on my way to being good as new!

And it stopped me from eating or drinking for some 18 hours. Hard to believe - but I survived. So glad I did because I didn't want to go down with a tombstone reading "the last thing she ate was 6 mini chocolate cream donuts (on the sly)."

I have my final two freezer meals to get done today (2 new freezers later :) - you would be proud Alexandra of how well I have prepared for two months without my chopping hand!) and then I'm ready.

I figure this will be my first real, planned, maintenance trial. Can't be losing during healing (I don't think?), but don't want to eat a pile of inflammatory processed stuff either. So I will be good o:)
  • conniewilkins56
    Laurie I am sending you lots of good thoughts and vibes….I hope everything goes as planned and your operation is a success!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Wishing you all the best @lauriekallis … hope you recover nice & quickly x
  • Athijade
    So, my anxiety disorder is getting worse and worse and seems super triggered by noise. Which sucks living in an apartment because there is always some noise. Thinking I may need to make a doctor's appointment to talk about increasing my daily medication and maybe getting a new Xanax prescription. I have had a few nights where I work myself into such a state that I can't eat or I end up sick. Even got an "anxiety rash" the other night on my chest and shoulders. Note... there was no "real" trigger that night or for the attack I just had.

Right now I am sitting in bed thinking I should eat, but worried I will get back into the anxiety cycle and will get sick. My stomach is not settled.

One of those times I hate living alone. I would love to have someone I can lean on here.
    I think I may just make rolls that morning in addition and that way I can freeze them for us if we don't need them. That's probably safest.

I think that is a good plan. Not the same, but after my mom died, the holidays were rough. If your sister forgets and there are no rolls, she might feel like she let people down. This way, you have that backup just in case.
    Last night - to take my mind off tomorrow's shoulder surgery - my kidney decided to birth a little stone. :o That was an eye-popping experience.

I'm going to take it all as good timing, because now next week I'll be on my way to being good as new!

I will light a candle for you tomorrow. You will have all the good positive healing vibes coming your way!