Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Thank you all you wonderful people.

Sending calming energy your way, Athijade. That is no way to have to live. I can't remember from previous posts if you have a pet? I tell you my little girl pup is probably the only thing that stops me from crossing the line some days. Living alone is so damned lonely. The furry one is an amazing housemate. <3 Just stroking her for a little while calms my nerves so very much.

Alexandra, I agree with Athijade - that is a great plan you have.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    How is your paw, PAV?????
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Hey @Athijade ... (waves!)

Oh LAURIE :pensive: I hope you are feeling better. And that the surgery will be resoundingly good! :wink:

Alexandra? Why not make SOME (but not a huge amount of rolls) and have them ready anyway. Don't these things freeze too if you have extras or can be ready to go in frozen uncooked format and can be baked from frozen if you're short?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Your paw???????
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Paw not as bad as feared but not good. Warranty claim out of time!

Right has no ligament so left has been compensating for years

Due to manufacturing defects during growth spurt left structure susceptible to damage and gotten looser and patella is meandering more than appropriate. Snap Crackle pop.

Take two aspirins and call me in the morning!

Will improve over next 3-4 weeks back to former full range of motion glory.... but glory includes patella that is loose and snap crackle pops?????

(Conversation reminded me that it was daily clicks when weight was higher so long time coming now that I think about it)

Have applied for supplementary info as to any repairs or improvements I could make. Suspect physio? Was not mentioned directly hence the follow up petition that will be reviewed next week at 11:00 👍

Oh... and use it or lose it for osteoarthritic right. Delay replacement as much as possible blah blah

All this via visual inspection no imaging.

Will soon be hitting Bella for info re stationary bike setup I suspect
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hop along is hitting 5k+ today👍
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    It’s Thursday here so good luck today for your surgery Laurie! Sending positive vibes your way!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Best of luck Laurie for sure!!!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    Pav, these were the 2 exercises my husband's physio recommended when he severely damaged his meniscus. The injury happened april 2020. Severe enough for surgery, but this was cancelled because of COVID, so we had to explore the rehab route instead. He literally couldn't walk across a room for 3 months - then it took him another 9 months before he could walk for 15 minutes at a slow pace. The exercises were designed to strengthen the muscles around his knee, so that they could take more of the strain.

By April 2021 he started walking further each day, until he could manage 30 minutes without too much discomfort. Then in June he started cycling a little (just gentle rides on flat routes) - this helped strengthen his leg muscles without adding any stress to the knee. In July we got the turbo trainer, and he's come on in leaps and bounds. He can now walk for 90+ minutes without any knee pain, and cycle on the turbo (on courses that are a mixture of flat and hilly) for about 75 minutes. The progress (which was tormentingly slow for the first year) has been astonishing since June. So a bike trainer is definitely something to consider...in the meantime, the exercises may help...

bes7nz0zq4jm.png
    n3cw3wv14c9e.png
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I have both knees replaced and I sound like the tin man when they creak…drives me nuts!…I can’t get down on my knees at all or it just about kills me….I probably could have put off replacing them a little while longer but I wanted to get them done while I was a little younger and they did need done….

Get better PAV

Thinking of you Laurie!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Thanks guys and 🤞 for Laurie
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Yoolypr you and Connie are giving me hope for the future 😝
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Went to the store today. It's always exciting to try to figure out what the gaps in the supply chain will bring. Is it safe to wait to get the fancy cracker assortment or should I buy it early? Will there be lunch meat? How about ground turkey? (sigh) I do not like that uncertainty. I do not like it at all.

I was able to get everything today, which is not always the case, but it is really chilly and was windy when I was out, and I laid down half to get all the way warm and half to deal with the overstimulation. I suspect this evening I will move my relaxing to the couch, with a lot of hot tea and the wooly sitting slippers. And maybe a lap blanket. (Which will ensure I will have a lap cat too.)
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    You cat people!

I think CCCGG hasn't fully disclosed her domestic feline situation (weekend/summer place in Island of Aigina)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9TsUXLPXiA3FK4fQ9
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Sigh….we have the air on and it’s been raining most of the day….supposed to get cooler like 80 degrees lol and then back to hot!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You cat people!

I think CCCGG hasn't fully disclosed her domestic feline situation (weekend/summer place in Island of Aigina)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9TsUXLPXiA3FK4fQ9

The black one is a dead ringer for my Nyx...za83qktcbo2u.jpg

And yes, she is sitting on the instructions. Helping Boyfriend.

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options
    If you feed them, they will come!
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    If you feed them, they will come!

She obviously is guilt tripped into feeding instead of letting them starve. The black one, Naomi, is more adopted than not by her ~20y daughter who has been spending more time in the area, especially with COVID, and they have managed to coral her and take her to the vet for shots and sterilization--the cat not the daughter! :astonished: The rest are more feral!

Apparently the area does NOT have a mouse problem.... :open_mouth: