Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... maybe now he will stick closer to home... or teach Opal bad habits! At least he is happy when out! You may want to drop of cards to the neighbors explaining that he is a good puppy and to call you? :)
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Woohoo Laurie! Right? Better than expected is the short and long of it. Still taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen but haven't hit the codeine prescription at all. Also no experimentation with Tramadol this time. So pretty pedestrian.

But took full advantage of "not legally responsible" to make some pretty outrageous statements and proposals! Not sure if that's exactly what the health authority had in mind by saying "no making important decisions or signing legal documents". But provided lots of fun during an otherwise boring day!

And did have a "brain fart" moment where I gave incorrect instructions over the phone as to where to plug something creating an "oopsies" loop! Oopsies...
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you’re not into some kind of funky drugs there, PAV??? You sound like the happiest post surgery person I’ve ever read a post from 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I roasted up another batch of vegetables last night and made some wild rice and lentils and buckwheat and delivered them to a friend who had knee replacement surgery a couple weeks ago. I should’ve brought some food sooner but he has a wife who’s not so fond of me sometimes so it seemed like it would be a kind of tacky move.

She’s off in China now so it was safe.

She’s a great cook but she’s heavy duty meat eater and he’s vegetarian and he’s been kind of trapped in the house and not been able to go out and shop.

I arrive there today with my bag of roasted veggies and greens and he had lunch ready for us - very Mexican themed soup that was amazing.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Call seemed way more of her what’s for supper post but it’s good to mix all these threads up every now and again 😁
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I remember how I got started in this thread I was thinking that I should make up a batch of roasted veggies and field greens and greens and fly them out to you, PAV 🙂
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I remember how I got started in this thread I was thinking that I should make up a batch of roasted veggies and field greens and greens and fly them out to you, PAV 🙂

Do those Canadian TSA guys at the airport let you fly with food products?!?! Maybe just show up at PAVs house and then shop for groceries.
    On this side of the border even my stupid granola bars get inspected. The upside is now that I’m over 75 I can leave my shoes on when being scanned. Being a “sweet” old lady has its perks. 👍
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I just wrote this big long post and somehow lost it. Things are not consistent hear from what I’ve seen your Yooly… they seem to just wing it 😜
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I believe veggies are allowed inside the country but not from outside! But there may be interprovincial restrictions too 🤷‍♂️ pretty sure green goddess soup would be allowed.

However, for an entirely strange reason I am way over snack packed. And I'm talking an additional three boxes to whatever I had acquired on my own!!!!😱🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I mean I even got bandages and a battery operated fan with a candy dispenser, cans of soup, and candied fruits and nuts! And that's only part of one of the three boxes that arrived!😱

Ha!
    Wed 26,506 steps, Thursday 7481 Friday 6434! Resting HR 65 --> 66 --> 69

Just under 1800 Cal today and not even peckish! I suspect this will change tomorrow!!!🤣😹

Actually as long as I don't blow my nose, sneeze, cough or, especially, laugh, all is good.

Except for the annoying people who make me laugh just because I got someone to plug the battery charging cord into the power bar that's plugged into the battery! Hey it worked.... for about 5 hours🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Obviously Mr. PAV, you are well loved and cared for! Enjoy your recovery ❤️‍🩹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Absolutely loved reading your post, PAV. I’m so glad you’re being taken care of by someone(s) who love and know you. “ a battery operated fan with a candy dispenser” that just about killed me!!!

I’m astonished at the steps you got in these past two days. You are a man in motion. Even when they try to prep you for some kind of stirfry dish!!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Sergeant Pickles has a tag with information as to where he belongs. So does Opal, but given that she wants to be about a foot away from me at all times, I think it's more just in case of emergency than anything we may need to worry about.
  • lauriekallis
    edited July 2023
    Options
    First try the image didn’t work so I tried again below
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    q2zwfvlz6e5l.jpeg

I saw this today and of course I thought of you, Youly! 🔥
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Wise woman making use of her mailbox outside! Yup it’s toasty...

1i571sbcq1w0.jpeg

No break or rain predicted until perhaps the end of July.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yikes Yooly! That's too much! Any chance of getting to the coastal towns for a bit of a soak?

Glad Opal is smart!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Yikes Yooly! That's too much! Any chance of getting to the coastal towns for a bit of a soak?

Well we’re going to Houston for a few days next week. But it’s not any cooler on the Gulf coast. Beach sand is unbearable. Warnings have been issued to keep children from getting burns on playground equipment. And dog owners are being warned to keep their pets off concrete or pavement to prevent burned paws.

It’s just summer in Texas - only more so this year. We’ll get through it somehow.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Those temps make me want to cry Yooly! I would not survive that sort of weather. We get to the 90s with humidity and I refuse to leave the house.

I did chores today but that is about it. The forecast said it was supposed to storm all day. We ended up getting like 30 mins of rain at 3pm. That is it. I wanted storms!! Just not tornadoes. Spent a good portion of Thursday in the apartment stairwell with the cat due to tornado warnings. Then had severe storm warnings last night. So I don't need that! I just want to hear some good rumbles of thunder and see the dark skies... lots of good energy when a storm rolls through.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    gi2wzwbhjqze.jpg
    I think his theory is that if he hides his head under the settee that she can't chew on his face. He's very patient with his bratty younger friend, but he has his limits.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my - that is so cute!

I hope you get some good rolling thunder and rain tonight!