Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,672 Member
    Options
    How about weird reflections and glowing lights, PAV? maybe you are growing your own batch of cataracts??

I wrote a big long text that I lost so I’m just gonna stop here… And I do hear that cataract surgery is a breeze these days 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,251 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I live.

Spent the weekend just letting myself rest, mentally and physically. Snuggled the kitty, played some Sims, read some books... just allowed myself to disconnect. It was much needed and I think it really helped.

So sorry for being gone so long. I will likely post more tomorrow and catch up. Just wanted to let you know I was alive.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Didn’t doubt you for a minute Athijade. Sometimes we all need to take break and rest.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Ha! I remember SimCity! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It’s always good to take care of you, Athijade. I hope it has brought you an ease of mind and a twinkle of vigour 🙂.

I can’t think of a better way to say it but I love those days when I wake up and I just have a little bit of excitement all the way down to my toes and I know that I’m going to have a good day!
  • Athijade
    Options
    Laurie, I am so glad to know that your recovery is going smoothly.

Yooly, I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you.

The weather is wonderful here right now. In the 70's, sunny, with a nice breeze off the lakefront. Much better then the 90+ we had last week and over the weekend. Those days were miserable and I was very thankful for my air conditioner (not all Chicago apartments have them).

I am feeling quite a bit better then I was. Still dealing with some anxiety which has really impacted my food and eating, but it is slowly getting better. I have had the energy to cook more which is a good sign. Still sticking to super easy things that don't take a lot of prep, but that is an improvement from sitting on the daybed crying about even the thought of having to cook.

Right now I am working on a list of things I want to try and work on for myself. I know there are changes I could make that could really help the next time I go through an episode like this again. Or even help keep it from even happening. I mean, I will always have Depression and Anxiety. Nothing will cure it, but maybe I can find ways to make it better.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Brilliant outlook, Athijade. Sometimes a degree of acceptance can help a great deal in learning how to shift from white-knuckle coping to something more akin to a healthy, happy(ish) life :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I remain impressed that you have the wherewithal to tackle life and are actively trying to sort things out. Because my personal experience is with people who believe (and act on the belief) that there is nothing wrong.
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2023
    Options
    hey @Yoolypr 's hubby... do I have a deal for you two.... sort of deal... that MAYBE interesting...

No personal experience and I've never flown with Frontier... so no clue how terrible the whole experience may be! (But it sounds like you get loyalty miles/points too... which surprised me) Not sure... but possibly worth checking out?

I mean it will (possibly) re-define sleeping in a plane. Because, technically, if there is an overnight flight why pay for a hotel instead of flying somewhere half asleep in your chair!!!! .. as long as you don't particularly care where you end up? And how well you sleep!

Might also cause poor Yooly to have a food planning panic attacks!!!

But! But! You may be able to visit a plethora of places... as long as you are not too picky as to where and when!!!!

Both the rest of the summer and fall pass look like they could pay off with a couple of flights.

The yearly one's a bit more of a commitment, especially for two people as opposed to just one. And also not sure if the company is under financial stress? That would be something to consider too!

https://www.flyfrontier.com/deals/gowild-pass/
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/news/a-reporter-tried-to-use-frontier-s-1-999-all-you-can-fly-pass-it-wasn-t-easy/ar-AA1dB6e9?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Nice thought PAV but—-Frontier only has two non stops out of Austin. That’s to Denver and Las Vegas once a day I think. There are others to smaller towns. The big drawback with Frontier is that their flights are usually not daily and then only one flight on a designated day. Like maybe only Tuesday and Friday. If flight is canceled, delayed or you miss connections you may end up stuck for several days or a week. No later or next day flights to destination!

Besides we’re already booked to Hawaii in September. Mahalo 😍
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yeah.... they don't look super friendly in execution. And you would want two seats on.each flight too!
  • lauriekallis
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Although vision has not improved much - my overall physical well-being is so much better!

This weekend I tackled a bit more in my backyard that was always at the cusp of going wild but I managed to contain it. This year it crossed that line. But using a chair so I wouldn’t be bending I got rid of most of the weeds on my patio, trimmed back shrubs that we’re growing over there shorter neighbours and pulled out the old tire obstacle course ??? not really sure what to call it but they were standing on edge and partially buried in the ground so they wouldn’t shift and The Boy used them for many many things.

I drilled holes in them so that they will not become mosquito breeding grounds when I get younger son to tuck them back beside the shed for potential future grand children 🙂

So much to do back here … I haven’t stained the patio furniture which needs to be done every year … new mulch has to go down now that I’ve cleaned up what is currently a dirt patch … I might plant some more hostas to separate the patio from the dog play pen 🙂??? …. I’ll have to tuck away those bricks I picked up from an old building being demolished just before the eyeball went south … I’m so looking forward to having my body back.

Soon … 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ad3mngecpe03.jpeg
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi, everyone!
    So. Wedding happened, haven't heard from the photographer yet so no photos. It was not a legal wedding, which is great because if I legally marry him I lose my state health insurance, and we can't afford it on the open market. And given that I gotta have my cataracts done, and I'm being followed to make sure the cancer isn't there any more, and that my feet WILL need future work, I have to stay on insurance. We consider each other husband and wife, so it's okay. We'll go do powers of attorney, etc. to keep it all as safe as we can.

We got a new puppy! Her name is Opal, she is a seven month old Bullboxer, according to the shelter. She is fabulous, and is wearing Sergeant Pickles out. cxdw72g7jfe5.jpg
    3qithrc6oo1k.jpg
    oqwpecsv5jvl.jpg

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my goodness Alexandra…a matched set!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Big congratulations on your wedding! Two things feel different even without the legal aspect or did avoiding the legal aspect help you avoid that spiderweb feel???
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    ad3mngecpe03.jpeg

That is one beautiful cool oasis you created!
  • Athijade
    Options
    So I won't be around the rest of today and maybe tomorrow. Ended up with food poisoning. Symptoms hit just as I was going to bed last night and did not let up until like 9am. Still not feeling great and I am very dehydrated so sipping water and a flat soda.

Our building maintenance guy got me some ginger ale (he is an amazing human being). I also have a grocery delivery for Gatorade, jello, and white bread for toast coming a bit later.

Think another nap is in order though. So tired between not sleeping all night, the sickness, and the dehydration.
  • lauriekallis
    edited July 2023
    Options
    So sorry to hear this Athijade.
    I hope you’re over the worst of it 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thank you, Yooly. I was thinking of you when I took that picture this morning. I don’t imagine that green canopy comes easily in your neck of the woods. I live in the central part of the city and it’s so nice to have all of the green to make me feel like I’m far far away from the chaos just the other side of it. And the coolness that comes with the shade. I’ve long ago giving up on growing grass between the shade and the boy and the dog(s)… but that’s OK 🙂
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hope you’re feeling better soon. Food poisoning is not pleasant! Have you tried Saltine crackers. I’ve found them helpful for upset stomach.

I’ve missed you Alexandria! Congratulations on the official celebration of your marriage. Sounds like you, the new hubby and pups are having a splendid time together. Hope you can find time to check in more regularly?

It’s hotter than hot. Well over 100 degrees the last few weeks and predicted to be the same over the next ten days. No rain in several weeks- although that would only make humidity worse. Think steam bath 🛀. ki4ekcwgnz45.jpeg
    So Laurie’s cool oasis is a lovely reminder of what summer should be.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    OMG! First of all our food sick one, hope you feel better ASAP @Athijade !

WHAT A BACK YARD!!! and wow dedication on the weeding without bending! I have graduated to making the backyard just dirt after killing all the grass. (ME=) bad back-yard person!

And Alexandra! Woohoo! Definitely a matched set and poor poor Sergeant Pickles with that whippersnapper nipper after him all the time. Poor guy.

And congratulations on the unconventional navigation of conventions! :love: