Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you, Yooly. <3 Hope the hamsters and everyone and everything else is being gentle with you. when will you be travelling to Ohio?
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,990 Member
    Options
    I’m fighting the comfort eating urge as best I can. We go to Ohio next Friday. It’s going to be a really hard trip. But the family needs to be together for this.

Might go silent for a bit since I don’t think I’m very positive or helpful right now. But I’ll keep reading.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You are always helpful Yooly… but I completely understand if you don’t have the energy for participating in forums right now
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    I think Yooly that you're fine just as you are... but i do understand the potential lack of energy! :(

As to Laurie I am looking forward to gentle improvement reports!!!! :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I am looking forward to the salsa. (that was dictation’s version of this also but it was so funny I had to leave it).

1. Improvement in the RD eye (I’m picking up the slang for the eye in which the retina detached) is slow but steady. The gas bubble put in there during surgery is down to less than half which means I have some vision in the other half of my field of vision. It’s blurry but it is there 😊
    It doesn’t really like working a lot yet. If I focus on anything and really try to read/identify things I get nauseous really quickly. I truly believe it’s my brains enforcement of the need to relax to heal.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    On the comfort eating front… my son left for the airport very early this morning. After I close the door I had an incredible urge to eat everything in the kitchen. I ate a little and then went back to bed where I still am because I’m not sure what I’m going to do when I get up. I came here to help build up my resolve and make a plan before I put my feet on the floor.

Tea and clementines in the backyard. It just stopped raining… there’s enough life going on back there to fill my senses. No need to rely on eating for dopamine.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hopefully the plan works!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It not been terrible :)

(there was some lovely potato bread left behind - so very tasty with honey :) - but certainly way below daily maintenance calories so far today!)

How is your day, PAV???

Thinking of you YOoly, Athijade, Tinker and our dear invisible Connie and Bella.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I’m doing okay. How are you doing with your recovery Laurie?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I don’t know. Seems a bit too toasty for June. What will August bring?

lrfkgd3m83uc.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Holy hot pot, Batman!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I don’t know. Seems a bit too toasty for June. What will August bring?

It has been in the 70's all weekend here so I have been enjoying my 3 days off.

Saturday I went to a Adopt and Shop event right by my place. No adopting happened (it was aimed towards dogs) but I got some info on shelters for when I am ready for another cat. Still was great because I got to snuggle all the puppies.

Yesterday I went to the Museum of Science and Industry. That was a lot of fun! Ended up upgrading to a membership so I can go back. .it does get a bit overwhelming so it will be nice to go and do it in smaller bites then all at once.

Today I am resting though I will be walking to Trader Joe's and the bank in a few (once my laundry is done).

Had a bit of a break lldown last night. Won't go into details because tmi, but something happened that made me feel super gross and upset with myself. Plus I felt like crap because of how I have been eating. I can't keep going like this, but I also can't seem to turn it around.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Just here for a moment, Athijade, but want to send some hugs to you
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Your weekend sounds fun! I’ve been hiding in the house to avoid the crazy heat.
    Athijade- have you looked into any kind of counseling? I know my work insurance covered that. Might be good to get another perspective or talk things out with someone? In any case, we’re here to provide support too.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Through some of us may be less competent than others! Hug a puppy is good though! And they can be goof-balls!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    On the subject in question... I took the opportunity to accept a counselling freebie (coming up in a few days) mainly to reduce the yelling to which my friends are subjected to when I vent on them 24/7/365!

Looked a bit more into them though I am not sure they're the greatest fit. They appear mostly geared towards a younger family / cultural, language, work barrier challenges/ and addiction demographics.

That said... it is a freebie... so I will show up and see what there is to see!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    If the first counselor isn’t right, try another. Find someone you can work with. Your friends will thank you!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good luck, PAV. They will be a good fit out there…they might take a bit to find. Ideally they would have equal or more wisdom thoughtfulness intelligence compared to you … on top of excellent training…that’s going to make it hard for you.
    But not impossible.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I used to have a therapist, but had to stop seeing her when I moved to a different state. Just have not had the push to try and get back in with one. Plus wait lists are SO long around here so who knows how long it would even be.

I should look into my work benefits though because many include a handful of free visits through them. Will put that on my to do list.

I did overeat yesterday, but not nearly as bad as Sunday (when I made myself sick). I also went to the store and got the things to make a side salad to go with my pasta bake and garlic bread (been craving a pasta bake for weeks now). So I ate salad which means I ate less pasta and garlic bread. So a small win perhaps? I also caught myself wanting to eat just to eat. So I allowed myself a cup of apple sauce instead of who knows how many chips... and it hit the spot.

Hopefully I can get on the wagon, even if it is only one foot while holding on for dear life. Going to come up with some rules for meal planning and for eating in general. Normally I am not for set rules like this, but they may be something I can hold on to for right now. Nothing crazy. Stuff like 1 vegetarian or vegan dinner a week or veggies/fruits at all meals. Simple things like that to direct me. Kinda like the side salad with the pasta bake.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Don’t know how amiable you are to routine and repetition Athijade. I found that having pretty much the same breakfast every day made deficit eating a bit easier. I also usually have some variation of a same meal at dinner (big salad). That leaves lunch for variety and bigger meal.
    If I was working I’d switch that around to same daily breakfast and lunch - variety and more calories at dinner. Boring but works for me. The challenges are vacations or eating out.