Share Your Day

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,579 Member
    That makes perfectly good sense. I don’t know why I pictured you and your hubby driving across the state lines windows down hair flying in the breeze as if you’re in a road trip movie
  • lauriekallis
    I hope PAV and Athijade are doing well out there in the real world.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,803 Member
    Athijade had plans for a fun weekend which I hope is going well. It’s a 3 day holiday weekend here in the states.
    Now PAV is a concern. Unlike him to disappear 🫥.
  • lauriekallis
    I didn’t realize you had a long weekend this weekend… I hope she’s having a grand time and that you had a bit of fun also.

It is odd that PAV has not logged in for two days
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,527 Member
    Hope everyone's hair is flying with only open cars and not plane doors!!!! contributing to the swirling wind!.... and that everyone's long weekend plans are fruitful.... and more importantly that Laurie's back gets back in position and starts behaving appropriately!

As mentioned we have a few issues around here which don't look likely to be resolvable without (re) introducing some medications, and even then some of them may still continue to linger on anyway.

Such interactions tend to be somewhat time consuming.

So all good for values of good.
    More news as the week evolves.
  • Yoolypr
    Happy to have you back PAV! Parenting ones parent is a challenge.
    We started out a 5:30 am. In Denver waiting for the next flight to Spokane. So far so good.
  • lauriekallis

Parenting parents is so hard I’ve run out of parents to parent, thank goodness, or sadly, depending on the day.

I’m not particularly pleased about being the parent being parented right now.

Relinquishing all control is very challenging.
  • lauriekallis
    Oh, my condolences Athijade. It’s so very hard to lose our furry friends, because they become such an anchor in our lives. Please try to keep reaching out because that’s the only way you’re going to avoid a deep depression. You’ve been there before you don’t want to go back there again avoidance is much easier than recovery. ❤️
  • lauriekallis
    Can you share a picture of Austin?
  • Yoolypr
    So sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. It does leave a hole in your heart that’s hard to heal. Be kind to yourself and do your grieving.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Can you share a picture of Austin?

I tried to post one from my phone but it wouldn't let me,

But you are right Laurie... I can't shut myself away. Otherwise the darkness will win and just the thought of that scares me. Everyone around me has been wonderful and supportive. No one has made me feel like "it was just a cat".

I got his blood work from the last vet visit and he was a very very sick kitty. Seeing it is just more proof to me that I did the right thing. Doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt and that I don't still feel guilty... but it does help me focus on the fact that I did the best for him. I couldn't watch him suffer. I have seen to many people and animals suffer from cancer. I couldn't do it again...

I laughed for the first time today since Sunday... it felt good, but I also had a twinge of guilt. Just a quick thought that I shouldn't be happy yet. I know... not logical, but is depression and grief ever logical?
  • lauriekallis
    Athijade, I was so happy to see that you posted. It’s such a horrible thing to have to play God with someone that we love. But in another way, what a blessing that we have the power to bring their suffering to an end.

There is no logic in our emotions. Being able to laugh is a wonderful gift. It doesn’t lessen your love or sadness for the loss of your Austin.
  • lauriekallis
    Oh my larger loser brethren, I hope you’re all faring well.

I think Yooly has the best chances of having a good time!!!

But I hope you’re sonning responsibilities aren’t weighing too heavily on you, PAV.

And I hope you’re getting little sparks of joy in these heavy days Athi jade
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2023
    Yup still here with spotty mountain WiFi. We spent a couple of days in Sandpoint Idaho. Lovely in the mountains and next to huge lake. We’re in Spokane now for a few days. It’s much more “city” with much to do. Coming back to Austin on Saturday.
    How is the eye Laurie? Hopefully better and you’re upright enough to tackle the other health issue.

We’re so close to PAVland and discussing finally getting to Vancouver soon. It would be lovely especially on July or August when Austin is unbearable. I hope PAV is getting some answers and a plan to help him with the caretaker duties.

I have eaten all the semi prohibitive foods - cookies, pizza, bacon, sausages. But I’ve tried to keep the portions fairly reasonable. We’ll see the scale results!
  • lauriekallis
    Sounds like a fine adventure, Yooly!

The eye is coming along. I think. it doesn’t really see yet but it has a lot of wave action inside of it so I think my body is making lots of eye juice like it should be.

I’m not face down anymore, but I’m not allowed to do very much no walking around the block or anything like that so my biggest challenge right now is maintaining sanity.

Who am I kidding with that word maintaining 😜🤣
  • PAV8888
    @Athijade so so sorry for you and Austin my friend. Looking forward to the pic if you post one.
  • PAV8888
    Laurie get the parts going!!!!😎
  • PAV8888
    @Yoolypr we really need to do this. Either before July 13 or after I've recovered from scheduled hernia which may move dates if they postpone me
    PAV otherwise is 💩 show. To be discussed later.

Not sure which thread to stop unraveling first in the meanwhile but tackling them one at a time

Have discovered (by accident) why dad breathes heavily.

90% sure, it is the anxiety medication. Which he over consumes in an attempt to compensate for refusing to take what he really needs
  • lauriekallis
    Nice to see you PAV.
    Glad your surgery is booked.
    I really really really hope the research/guessing/trying different things l with your dad’s health is resolved soon and he starts feeling hale and hearty 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻