Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    Well I wasn't aware of the contest but hey I threw in a couple of Instagram worthy pics right?

Actually the BFF. SO is a pretty accomplished dude and I would be happy to be and as good a shape (well, except that I would prefer my own personality) in the future. It is far from guaranteed! 🥺
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    I AGREE WITH YOOLY!

You are by far the superior choice and we don’t even need to see CCCGG’s BFF’s guy to know that because you, PAV, are the best.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Options
    :blush:

ty
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    So today it’s the annual eye exam. I don’t expect any surprises except for the whopping cost of new glasses. I may check out the prices at Costco rather than at the doctors office $$$$.
    I try to space out the annual exams so I don’t feel like I’m being continually poked and prodded. Although increasingly it feels like a full time job just to stay healthy!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Lol! Whatcha talking ‘bout Yooly?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Lol! Whatcha talking ‘bout Yooly?

You’ve surely had more than your share of poking and prodding so far. Hopefully things will get resolved in the near future? I know you’re looking forward to at least being upright again.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    More than enough 🙂 it feels like there’s been a decades worth in the past couple of months. Hopefully it comes with a get out of jail free card good until 2035. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Would be nice wouldn't it! I turned down a Tuesday cancellation slot for the hernia surgery... we have a CAT scan scheduled for someone's brain on that day. :hushed:

Err.... before the rest of you'ze start on it, the track record so far is 2/2 people told about this IRL informed me that I am an idiot and that the emergencies will never end and they would have counselled a different response!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Ditto with the 2/2 people. Take care of you or you can’t care for anyone else.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Again. I’m cheering on. Yoolyt’s response
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    We NIRL people need you round here too… so we get to vote next time.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Everyone gets a vote... but everyone also gets to... put up with the final decision.

We have both a "let's see if the cute doc can sell us into taking the blue or is it red pill and re-join the real world" and a CAT scan scheduled for Tuesday.

Yes on one hand we will always have SOME sort of crisis but there are levels. If I was having surgery there wouldn't be a Tuesday dr appointment and no faint hope of pill acceptance--because who needs such!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yooly.... WHEN are you coming over towards the PACIFIC NW, and what made you stay away from the Pacific while coming sooooooooooo close?!?!?!?!?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    To be honest PAV, I have done the same thing. Sometimes you have to choose peace of mind over your own well being. You’re a good man!
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Yooly.... WHEN are you coming over towards the PACIFIC NW, and what made you stay away from the Pacific while coming sooooooooooo close?!?!?!?!?

It’s only a short trip. Hubby and I don’t like to do long road trips in a car. So Vancouver will have to wait for it’s own more lengthy visit. We haven’t had time to really see it and someday you can be our guide? Our last visit was only two days before a cruise down to LA.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I understand your decision also…. But still….. it’s a hard one
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Monday I get to stay upright all the live long day, and I can sleep on my side which is good, because my teeth are starting to shift and goodness only knows where they would end up with this carried on for too long, 😬 still many limitations as in no exertion, no exercise no bending no driving… but my upright periods will not have a timer set.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My eating has been fully under control through this…lol
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Packing today for our short trip to the great white north. I always overpack and end up lugging stuff around. But then, better safe than sorry.

Today is the day Laurie gets to be upright after her eye surgery? I’m sure that deserves a celebration.

And where is our PAVman?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I hope you have a very fun trip Yooly… you’re driving?… over packing doesn’t seem like such a terrible thing if that’s how you’re moving around.

I was so happy that I get to be upright today until my back just gave in yesterday afternoon and now I’m in bed (my own at least not a massage table with a head cradle) I am hoping that it goes back into place sometime soon. I tried walking it out this morning and it got to the point where I was just about ready to scream so I figured it wasn’t going to be something that I can “walk out” - I’m not surprised I’m a little bit too old and worn to be sitting/lying in that position for 10 days straight without paying a price. At least I can lie on my side now. Though not my back for at least another four weeks.

I’m really looking forward to 2024 . 🤣

PAV??????
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Nope - no driving trips. We’re just too old to sit in a car for 1500 miles. Fly in and rent a car for getting around. Besides as bad as they are airports do have amenities.

Hope your back starts to cooperate soon Laurie. Ease into moving about.