Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Well PAV - I definitely plan to visit Vancouver but it will probably be fall time or next spring. So October at the earliest but more like next May/June.

Couple of emergency things have turned my life into a bit of a 💩 show too. May have to cancel some fun stuff to get back to family in Ohio. Hope you can figure things out with parent to give you some time to care for yourself too.

Today is all about airports and airplanes and getting back home.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,614 Member
    Options
    Hope things settle quickly, Yooly. Safe travels. ✈️
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    Yeah, well the blocks to more relevant choices are self "chosen" / inflicted.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Made it home just before the severe storm warning. 👍 ‘‘twas a long day.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Dare I even ask how many planes, trains, and automobiles?!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Dare I even ask how many planes, trains, and automobiles?!

Couple of cars, much driving, two planes, lots of running to the next gate at the airport. That was just on the return home.

Today was more relaxing. Time to sleep off the two hour time difference. Then a run to the grocery store for fresh veggies.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Bunnnnnnnies!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    How's the green goddess?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    And @Athijade?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bunnies!!!!! would be so jealous of our Sunday activities around here. Green soup is going to power the recovery of my eye and boob - with some help from beet, blueberry and spinach smoothies.

I hope it wins the battle soon. I am growing very bored of all this convalescing nonsense.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Besides much sleeping last week (some days I hit 16 hours) I have come to appreciate the wonder of the BBC radio production of John le Carre’s George Smiley novels.

a friend who I read the books with who is madly in love with these radio plays they to convince me to listen to them years ago and I just couldn’t get my head around it… I’m not a big fan of podcasts or audiobooks. But they are perfect for this time. And they might just save my particular version of sanity.

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

I'm alive.

Kinda just tried my best to keep myself busy this weekend so I didn't just sit around and dwell. Nothing exciting. Just explored the area more because the weather was so good. Tried a couple new restaurants, got some ice cream, and did a lot of walking.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's a good plan Ms Jade. An awesome one actually.

Told ya so re audiobooks Laurie! 🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I know you did…but ironically (because for a couple of decades I worked with writers to create a weekly spoken word radio show/then podcast after the station closed) I really don’t enjoy listening to recorded stories … lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good for you, Athijade. My heart is with you.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Work has been kicking my behind again this week. Just a lot going on. Once I get through the week things will settle down a bit, then totally back to normal by the end of the month. So if I go silent here and there, that is why.

Thinking about trying to start focusing on my food intake again starting next week. Not sure if that will mean logging or not. Depends on my mental health. It just may mean not buying cake and ice cream lol.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hang in there Athijade! I think everyone in this group is going through some rough personal issues right now. Life isn’t being kind lately. 🥺

Hope we can get through the rough times without too much weight damage. Better times ahead.
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2023
    Options
    So yes it’s summer in central Texas....
    xll4qbl4st7t.jpeg

• lauriekallis
    Options
    you must feel like you’re going up in flames, Yooly.

I’m so glad we don’t have that here… It’s actually been a beautiful 70ish degrees almost every day
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2023
    Options
    looks a tad too warmish!