Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for our early morning flight to Ohio tomorrow. So many chores to do before our three day trip.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I hope there’s a lot of love to ease the sadness this weekend.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    I found my the "air pod type" headphones I lost in their charging box last weekend... sitting right under my monitor on the stand!!!!! Well who would look UNDER the monitor... I look AT the monitor, right?!?!?!?!?!

The replacements spare ones are arriving tomorrow!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Always good to have an extra pair, PAV 🙂
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Some would argue against that Laurie! Some would! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Who would do that?????? :p
  • PAV8888
    Options
    It is literally a beautiful day today. 22° when we headed out slowly increasing to 23 by 3:30 p.m.

Birds a-chirping dogs a-barking butterflies a-fluttering and squirrels a-running!😎

vgveg6yefpvd.jpg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    se4dhdzc8jju.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    It is literally a beautiful day today. 22° when we headed out slowly increasing to 23 by 3:30 p.m.

Birds a-chirping dogs a-barking butterflies a-fluttering and squirrels a-running

Oh yeah —— we have those kinds of days here in December. Summer not so much......
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Narcs a narcing???

(your post reminded me of a string of rhymes in John Prine song 🙂)

Those images are so beautiful 😍😍😍
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Now lm going to have to listen to it… it’s mostly very beautiful but a bit odd in the lyrics… Though I think that’s just all some strange metaphor… One of the best most perfect captures of a broken marriage ever I think…

The song title is lake Marie… And there’s a live version that will probably come up first if you should Google it that is the best version of the song anywhere I think
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My depression has been bad of late and my food has for sure taken the biggest hit. I have no energy to cook so my meal plan has gone out the window this week. Been living on eggs and toast or dumplings or ramen. That is all I feel like making. Anything that requires prep, even just cutting up some veggies, is just too much.

It also doesn't help that I can't really get outside. We are getting a ton of smoke from the Canadian wildfires and our air is super unhealthy because of it. I was just out to go grab some breakfast (my weekly breakfast sandwich, donut, and tea). It is a short walk (like 3 minutes each way), but I was coughing by the time I got back to my place. Being stuck inside just makes things worse.

But I am taking some PTO this weekend. Since July 4th is on Tuesday, I am taking tomorrow and Monday off as well. So 2 days of PTO gives me a 5 day weekend. I need to get stuff done around the apartment (again, depression has kept me from doing stuff), prep some food for the freezer (breakfast burritos are on the list for sure), and just rest. A mental reset.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Enjoy your time off Athijade! Regroup and take care of some of the things you need to do. Hopefully the air will clear enough to let you get outside during your time off.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I've pre ordered a box of real n95s to have around in case of forest fire smog. Thankfully hasn't happened this year so far. But based on last year I figured better safe than sorry
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Went out for lunch today. It’s just too hot to deal with food. So moderate meal that covered calorie needs. Besides it’s a holiday weekend.

Although it’s been a somewhat busy travel month, I just feel like time is crawling. Of course lethargy happens every summer here. Total energy drain.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I cant imagine living in those temperatures. We’ve had a couple of over-30 days with incredible humidity and smoke and it was just terrible. Doesn’t have that my air conditioner is it in yet 🙂 but today is about 24 and raining so it’s beautiful out there. (90 & 75)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I just got back from my final appointment with the retinal surgeon. No more steroids!!!! my retina looks good.

A few weeks ago my vision started deteriorating even more which was really scaring me. It turns out it’s the cataract I was warned would probably arrive within 3 to 6 months … It’s just coming about earlier than expected. I didn’t think it was possible to be so happy to find out you have a cataract growing 😁 but it is cause for celebration today 😜
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!! 6 weeks of drops and specialty lens coming up! Woohoo!😎😘

(Or something like that!)

But that's GOOD news!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Pffft - cataract surgery is fairly easy. I only had two weeks of eye drops. And I’ll bet the procedure is even better now. My vision hasn’t changed in years. Before it deteriorated steadily.
    Outside of seeing more clearly, it also brings back color perception! I found I could again easily differentiate subtle shades of color. A nice perk especially for an artist like Laurie. 👍
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I've been complaining about clarity and washed out colors and been told start of cataracts... coincidence?