Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,957 Member
    Options
    Aging - a series of patching up failing parts! Hope the procedures go well. And you get some resolution Laurie.

Mercifully I still have mostly my original owner parts. Passed my DEXA scan and mammogram with flying colors. I think bodies go in phases. Some bad repair work needed and then some nice lulls to enjoy our slightly diminished capacity.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    Options
    Holy crap week of the 15th. Started with someone I know euthanizing their dog once it was determined that the month long issue was golf ball sized and widespread. Hasn't gone uphill since. I really hope things improve, rapidly, for our Laurie.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,717 Member
    Options
    That’s so very sad to lose your pup😞
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I am home. 🙂 that was by far my nastiest experience.

I don’t know what you can do to prevent a retinal detachment… I know lots of people with various health problems have to go through eyes checked to make sure it hasn’t happened, but I don’t know anyone who’s actually had it happen.

10 days and nights lying on my belly. I can get up for 10 minutes every hour. Yikes. At least I won’t be doing much snacking 😜

jini42wpsmhg.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This is what I’m looking at… my poor girls in the danger spot… this position makes you leak a lot 🙂

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh lord Laurie! It’s got to get better from now on. Either that or seriously take up that mojito habit. Yikes 😱
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    avu2vp90cni1.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Not me!
    Not me!

Sorry
    Really
    Someone I know irl
    Mine is safe!🙀
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Options
    By the way Laurie.... don't take it wrong my friend. But I hope you will soon both feel and look (and see) better. Because that picture does not a happy Laurie make; nor a PAV!🙈
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Bangs head! 🙈
    Immobilized / recovering people should not read and laugh! 🤔 Stop reading!🛑Skip already! 🙉

So I got caught by an ad on the phone taking about ED. And it said it was more common than we think. And being a loyal MFP person fighting the good fight against eating disorders, I waited the requisite time to click Skip ad and for the ad to play with subtitles (my media volume is off so as not to get annoying noises from the phone, but I have live captioning enabled)

And the first line is: it's more common than you think. Some high percentage of men over 40🙀 I go: hmmm., really🤔 Does not sound like the primary group of concern to me for eating disorders🤷‍♂️..... and then it says something about UP men ⬆️ .... and I start cluing in!😝

Obviously the losing brains stuff must be contagious...🤐

No effect on weight so far! 🤔
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Obviously not a problem for you PAV or you’d be clued in immediately!
    I get the same junk mail about ED and enhancement(?) and wonder why? What triggered that? Certainly I’m not spending time on those type of sites.

Went to lunch with friends to celebrate hubby’s birthday again (it was last month!). I managed to get a lunch portion and walk out under 500 calories. He ate a whopping eggplant parmigiana and topped off with a slab of cheesecake. Oh to have his metabolism!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I love this long-term celebration idea 🙂

I’m feeling a bit confused by your post Pav… I could just be being a little bit ditzy 😜
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I is so much better today. Even the patch came off and I can see a bit more than I expected to be able to see so things are good.

I had a really good conversation yesterday with the doctor. I’m seeing for disordered eating. No one will be surprised to know that my eating went completely off the charts for a couple of days this week. Sshe help me to understand the triggers a bit better and it wasn’t even my appointment because I missed my appointment and she just called wondering what was going on with me.

I was pretty stressed out, but I wasn’t really stressed out about the boob or the eye what I was stressed out about was that I had to get into a somewhat confrontational situation with both the cancer doctor, and at the eye clinic (I went there a week earlier with a dark curtain over half of my left field of vision, and they basically sent me home) .

I knew there was something wrong and if it had been friends or family, I would’ve fought right there and then I’m not good at that for myself. The stress of having to do that had me eating basically nonstop for two days.

Once again, not a good response, but I am learning more about myself and maybe next time I won’t have to eat myself through the situation as a way to cope with my fear of confrontation. Perhaps next time I won’t second-guess myself and I’ll respect myself enough to trust my gut.

I think this is a huge trigger for me and maybe this will make a difference. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I’m sorry I have not spell check this post because vision is still kind of weird but I’m pretty sure y’all get the gist. You are all smart cookies. 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    74dlrrcrdiia.jpeg
    Happier picture! I get to be upright for 10 minutes every hour 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just understood your post, PAV 😜

It’s possible, these doctors have been taking away bits of my brain!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I am thinking that it may not be good for our remaining brain power it took BOTH of us a while? Am-I-right? At least you have the eye freaking surgery excuse going! Love the glasses!

Thankfully Yully is there to keep us in line!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    The sunglasses are definitely movie star worthy!

Don’t know about brain power here. I just have a lot less going on in my life. No work, stable health 🤞, great hubby and son.... I’m very fortunate that way.

Phases in life are very strange. There were many times of great peace and happiness. And years of chaos and almost unbearable stress. But somehow you get through and survive. You learn to really cherish the good days because they aren’t guaranteed to last. Good or bad - nothing lasts forever.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    At this particular time in my life, I feel so incredibly blessed…. I’m surrounded by amazing people and having in someways the time of my life

One friend coming over to cook another, walking my dog in the morning, another walking the dog in the evening another coming very late in the evening and reading a novel aloud to me younger son is picking up a bunch of organic green green vegetables and coming over to make a pot of green soup tomorrow and the Newfoundland son is flying home on Wednesday for a while…. It’s just ridiculously beautiful.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Cause obviously you are LOVED Laurie! ❣️ Amazing how when things get rough our loved ones rally around. It is a beautiful thing.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But but but... audible can do the reading!??!?!?!?! <says the guy who obviously misses the big picture!!!!>