Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Mammograms...hmm....last year was my first and it was clear :) But, other than the fact it didn't accomplish what it was designed to accomplish, it was a no sweat procedure for me. That was a surprise. I think it gets easier the older you get? (which in no way reflects the condition of mature women's breasts :) ) I hope you have the same experience, Athijade. And I hope yours comes back clean as a whistle, Yooly. And a real clean - not just a didn't detect anything kind of clean.

Maybe the foot popping was something get moved back into place :) Not making light of what happened, Athijade, just a feeble attempt at levity since you are definitely in a no fun place these days. :(
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,957 Member
    Options
    Athijade- 98% of breast cancer caught early is successfully treatable. Go get that mammogram now!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Six month dental check/cleaning today. I love the feeling of freshly polished teeth! Makes me almost want to skip lunch....
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Athijade- 98% of breast cancer caught early is successfully treatable. Go get that mammogram now!

I think I just have a huge fear of Cancer. Like, PTSD style. I was actually diagnosed with caregivers PTSD after caring for my mom as she fought (and lost) her battle with lung cancer. Then my best friend died from ovarian cancer. Last year my uncle died from brain cancer. So part of me just does not want to know.

I know it is just the fear talking and it is not logical... but really hard to get that fear to shut up.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    C is a very anxiety producing word. But - it is better to live without cancer than die with it.

Going now vs waiting might be the difference between a "relatively easy treatment leading to no sign of disease" and "having cancer through your body."
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Tonight, another Christmas present materializes for me :)
    A friend gifted us tickets to a performance of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra - tonight we will enjoy a little Mozart and Beethoven with a dash of Iman Habibi.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    (that is even more exciting than having my drain removed yesterday and that was pretty woohoo worthy :) )

((autocorrect tried to change that to having my BRAIN removed :D ))
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Having that surgical drain removed is definitely a woohoo moment!!
    Have a wonderful time at the concert tonight. It sounds fabulous.

I’m hunkered down as we’re having two days of severe thunderstorms- aptly Caledonia tormentas in Spanish. ⚡️🌩. It’s dark, dreary and very loud out there. Enough thunder to rattle windows. And the lightning overnight was spectacular. It’s fairly rare here and we sure need the rain. It’s been drought conditions for years now and lake levels are low.

Son brought me some lovely tulips for mother’s day. They don’t grow naturally here so quite a treat. Tomorrow we’ll brave the rain ☔️ to have lunch at a small Greek restaurant.
    The moussaka and spanakopita will be enjoyed! I’ll cut back on eating before and later in the day? Or just call it a celebration and get back to control on Monday.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    Options
    For a second my brain got sucked down the drain! But I recovered!
  • Athijade
    Options
    I am exhausted. Today was my trip out to a suburb where I did a lot of shopping. Hit up Aldi, Target, Half Price Books (had stuff to sell), Torrid, Old Navy, H Mart, Fresh International Market, and Costco. Wow. I am sore and my foot flat out hurts.

Need to do my weekly grocery shopping tomorrow morning and I don't have a meal plan figured out. I only have breakfast, lunch, and one dinner decided. Need more dinner meals for sure cause that is only 2 days out of 7.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I can't imagine living where there are no tulips in the spring, Yooly! So glad you son brought you some.

Glad you recovered, PAV.

What a day, Athijade. I just can imagine visiting that many stores in a month even :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    No tulips, no lilacs, no forsythia, no violets, no lily of the valley, no daffodils, no azalea, no hydrangea ..... Texas spring was the beginning of March. A few native flowers and trees. We do get lots of wildflowers but not the ones I loved up north. Not enough cold weather.

I loved spring in South Carolina. Gorgeous dogwood trees, azaleas, camellia, wisteria. Just a feast for the senses in springtime.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Can you force the bulbs inside??????
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Can you force the bulbs inside??????

You can refrigerate bulbs all winter and then plant in spring. But spring is often dicey - often too hot by the time bulbs come out of the fridge. The best option is to buy potted plants or cut flowers. They can’t be saved year to year or naturalize anyway. Sad 😞

Today began with an early workout at the gym in preparation for the fine Greek lunch. Delicious 😋. I may even celebrate with some ice cream later tonight.

The tormentas (thunderstorms) continue into tonight and maybe tomorrow. It’s slightly cooler but very humid. We’re definitely into AC 24/7 season.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    Options
    Greek girl bought a gardenia plant... internet says up to 21C...
    All I can say is: that ain't the max in Athens my friend!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I was thinking you could grow a pot inside each spring?
  • Athijade
    Options
    I swear, more and more 2 days off after 5 days of work is just not enough every week. I am exhausted!
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I was thinking you could grow a pot inside each spring?
    I could but it’s not like the whole outdoor spring experience. One sad pot of tulips just won’t do the job!
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Greek girl bought a gardenia plant... internet says up to 21C...
    All I can say is: that ain't the max in Athens my friend!
    Love gardenias. I replanted a small potted gardenia under some shady oaks 25 years ago. Darned if it didn’t take hold. It’s a small shrub but produces enough flowers to make me happy. It shouldn’t be growing in Texas but there it is. Hope CCCGG’s gardenia flourishes.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    From here you should be known as Green Thumb Yooly.... :)
  • lauriekallis
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Setting up a new phone :( which is good - because my old phone has a swollen battery and only works when plugged in (thinks it is a landline?!) - and the speaker doesn't work - and parts of the screen are dead. But is a bit of a nightmare because I'm switching from android to an iphone I purchased and the app to transfer everything failed some 20 times before I gave up and now I'm trying to use google cloud and it has really become a bit of a joke tonight :)

Time for bed. Tomorrow it might all be good!!!!!