Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    I’m still in Ohio where it’s gone from spring to almost winter. Sooo cold. Happy to see family. But going from place to place - two nights here, two night next place etc. gets tiring. Starting to look forward to going home and some warm weather.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    You've been spoiled by your extended sojourn in the desert. We are actually having a beautiful day without rain and at 11/52 depending on how you set your oven. As a consequence our tails and ears are both up
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    I had a few days like that in Newfoundland - sleeping here and there - very tiring!

We had a glorious day here - 23c / 73f. Sunny. Breezy. Perfect!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Share your day? Share your bed? Maybe we need that second category for a thread 🤣

I'm tickled to have my god dog with me for the weekend. ❤️
    pbpxztgquuk3.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sometimes he's a bit hoggy with the bed space though...😁
    tueu1b8twhkf.jpg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I do like what you've done with the place Laurie! Looks awesome! :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 2023
    Options
    The real fur adds a sophisticated touch :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    All I’ve got hubby but he’s not as furry anymore……
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    bfbt2nrsn6vq.jpg

You maybe should pick him up a nice cheetah skin onesie????
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You gals are.... interesting🤔 I was discussing the wall, baseboard and area rug I'll let you know! 😎
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Oh - the secret life of women. Men don’t know the half of it!

It’s the last day of our vacation to visit family. Rainy and cold like the early springs of my youth. Catching up with family is difficult as we all age. Everyone seems compelled to share medical minutia. And it ain’t good news. But we’re all we have, so ........
    I’ve done my best to keep my particulars private. Mercifully I don’t have much drama to share.
    Today is hubby’s birthday 🎂. There will be cake and hugs all around.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Happy birthday, Yooly's Hubby!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Of all the work I've done to this house, PAV, the pups are the best addition :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Laurie! Glad to see you had a great trip.

This weekend was a rough one. My brain was being difficult so ended up having to take extra meds Saturday night to get it to shut up. Also just ate horribly. Like to the point I want to just forget about it and am embarrassed at how bad it was.

I did have some good though. Went to the Farmer's Market and then Trader Joe's on Saturday. Then Sunday I went to an Artisan's Market a few stops north which was a lot of fun. Spent too much money and bought too much food, but I always find the best stuff at things like that.

Monday however came way too fast.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, Athijade.
    Glad there was soom good in your weekend!
    I hate when my eating goes off the rails like that. But the only thing you can do is put it behind you and carry one. I hope you can find your way back to a good eating groove.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Me too (the hoping part), for both Athijade and myself.

You're funny Yoolie on your 70s with the medical issues! What's our excuse in our 50's? I mean it feels as if it's almost everyone I know and any remaining parents that we have hanging in there!

At least I can wish a Happy 🎈🎂 🎈 birthday to your hubby!!!!😎
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I agree, PAV. But that might just be the spot I'm in at the moment. Health concerns seem to have taken over my life :(

Good luck getting back to the good eating groove. I'm there so far today. Yesterday was a big detour :(
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I agree, PAV. But that might just be the spot I'm in at the moment. Health concerns seem to have taken over my life :( Good luck getting back to the good eating groove. I'm there so far today. Yesterday was a big detour :(

Glad re: you being back in the groove....

Hmmm... thought about alphabetically listing the issues of various people I know... (you would be under L :wink:)... but I think I run out of screen space so decided to backtrack! :astonished:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I would be under L ????? Lucky Larger Loser !!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try 40's Pav. I swear my life centers on what medical issue is acting up today. Physical? Mental? Maybe I should just roll a dice and see what I get!

Yesterday was still not great food wise, but a lot better then over the weekend. I did start my little food notebook. Just writing down what I eat and drink and then how I feel. Once I have more data, I am hoping I can figure somethings out. Like if I eat X, I feel like Y. Then increase what makes me feel good and decrease/eliminate what makes me feel bad.