Share Your Day

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,803 Member
    Today was group lunch at friends house. Worked my way around the homemade goodies. Stuck with salad and small slider sandwich. No cake but the chocolate covered strawberries 🍓 could not be ignored.
    I’m trying to keep it together because we’ll be taking a couple of vacations soon. One coming up in two weeks. Visiting family where food will be crazy.
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2023
    Double posting again! I managed to catch it but it is annoying. At least the food log is kind of working today. 🤯
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,530 Member
    I'm glad I'm logging on crono. Though the "recent" list on MFP was quite nice and I miss it!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Still working on "recovering" from the convention. Legs still ache, though part of that is the fact that I have walked every single day this week so far haha, and I am still quite fatigued. That is to be expected though due to the Chronic Fatigue. It always takes me time to get back to normal energy levels. I use too much for a few days and it knocks me out for a few days more.

Still not logging again, though I have been trying to keep an eye on how much I am eating and WHY I am eating.

Work has been crazy. The downside to PTO is going back to work after. I had 60+ emails waiting for me. Still playing catch up with that, beginning of the month reports, weekly reports, and all the odds and ends that pop up. I am almost caught up, waiting on some email answers to get a few things done, but otherwise my reports are caught up. I need to start working ahead on a couple of things so I don't end up at the end of next week freaking out.

My friend is coming up to visit me for the first time since I moved on the 15th for the weekend. So I am super excited for that! Have not seen her since the Disney trip in December.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,581 Member
    You have much going on, Athijade. Glad you have a fun weekend to look forward too. All this walking will pay off I hope!!!
  • Athijade
    Took yesterday off from walking and likely today as well. My fatigue is better this morning though, so that is a good sign.

Tomorrow is the first Farmer's Market of the season for me. I am looking at some of the vendors and am super excited. Lots of farm fresh veggies, microgreens, meat, cheese, and bread plus so much more. Going to let my trip tomorrow really dictate what I do for meals next week. For example, I know I am doing falafel bowls next week with delicata squash... but I don't know what else will go in them. So my trip tomorrow to the market will decide that! Greens for sure though!

There is also a tofu vendor so I am going to talk to them about if their product will last a week before use. I want to try tofu again as I have had decent success with adding soy back into my diet without flares, but I want to try it AFTER my friend comes into town just in case. I don't want to risk a flare when I have company!
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 2023
    Good to read that your fatigue is easing, Athijade.

I'm looking at tofu again. With all the hubbub about its estrogenic (?) effects a few years ago (which I didn't read enough about to fully understand but it seems it has since been retracted) - and how processed it can be - I have tried to minimize my consumption of soy products.
    But the other day when I was pondering protein options I made a discovery.
    My most recent "vegan" protein supplement was leaving me foggy headed and sluggish, and I figured it was because it was grain & pea based. But then I thought - no this grain thing is all in my imagination - because a friend who makes me the most delicious machiattos uses oat milk and that doesn't bother me.
    I was pondering all this on the way to their house to have one of those delicious coffee treats.
    Sitting on my customary stool at the end of their counter, watching the elaborate preparation ritual :) I noticed that the Barista's Choice (so fancy) milk was not oat but soy. Turns out that soy milk is their norm and only once did they use oat milk because they couldn't find the soy milk at the grocers. I hadn't noticed.
    I took that as a sign I should try incorporating more soy based protein into my diet. I'm also going to stop worrying so much about hitting such high levels of protein. I never have before in my life and have been pretty healthy and muscular and always healed well - so maybe it isn't really necessary now?
    Keep us updated on your soy experiences AFTER your friend leaves of course :)
    And those falafel bowls sound delicious!
  • PAV8888
    The "filling" bit high calorie PC veggie medley has soya beans and corn. I like it better than the great value bean bean based one. True, they're just shelled beans vs processed. Soya isolate is added in a kitten ton of things. No idea about health effects. It's one of the things I just turtle without thinking (or ostrich, if that makes more sense to you)
  • lauriekallis
    I'm about to turtle/ostrich it too. My brain just gets tired with all this food thinking :)
  • Athijade
    With nowhere to go for Easter and not even someone who celebrates, I wanted to find something to do. Luckily the Lincoln Park Zoo is open 356 days a year so I hopped on the bus and headed down. Spent about 2 hours walking around there, the walked through the nearby park to the Lincoln Park Conservatory, and finally I walked the 1.6 miles home. So I walked A LOT. I was so proud of myself that I could do the walk home! Only a few months ago I would have been too afraid to even try. But I did it!
  • Yoolypr
    Sounds like you had a fun day Athijade! And with all the great exercise too.
  • PAV8888
    Sounds like an awesome thing to do on Easter! Woot! Woot! Happy Easter to everyone who is celebrating!
  • PAV8888
    Had 'brunch' with dad: a fancy crabcake thingy, a very tasty and tender braised shortrib with an egg on top, and a fruit tart.

Interesting that, given the option, I would have continued eating. Probably easily doubling the food. Yet. When considering things. I wasn't actually hungry after the meal. Still am not several hours later. would still eat.
  • lauriekallis
    Look at you go, Athijade! Congratulations.

Us humans are certainly weird with our eating, PAV. Not just humans I guess. I know my pup would carry on eating way beyond her need for nutrition.
  • PAV8888
    So would mine Laurie. So would mine! hmmm.
  • lauriekallis
    I guess it was just for survival. Whomever designed us didn't know there would come a day when our bigger health problem would be too much access to food!
  • lauriekallis
    Off to the land of The Boy in a few hours (hopefully will sleep a bit between now and then). "See" you all in a week :) (not expecting to get a lot of screen time/good connection there - but who knows?)
  • PAV8888
    Woohoo! you work FAST Laurie! Woohoo! BOY OH BOY here she comes!

*hey, where's the pup?*
  • Yoolypr
    Today was supposed to be a gym day but I just wasn’t feeling it. Headache, congestion, back pain - from where who knows?
    So I spent the day pushing through the discomfort by doing chores. Actually feel better tonight. It was kind of exercise......
  • PAV8888
    Getting sick would not be ideal :hushed: