Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    Maybe for those people who don't feel like cooking chicken????
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Super excited 🙄 to go rake and shovel all the old mulch out of our giant front beds, now that I cut down a holly tree and we pulled out 14 shrubs (I did 9 the same day as the holly, 3 that could be cut down with my polesaw, 6 that had to brute forced out of the ground with the giant root balls, ugh, and my son pulled 3, then my husband helped him in the last 2 monster ones, lol).

I really really wish that I had demulched first, but the project just kinda snowballed.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options

I really really wish that I had demulched first, but the project just kinda snowballed.

Wow- sounds like you’ve earned your supper today. I admit to being a NON-gardener. Partly because central Texas is just not conducive to gardening. Heat, bad soil and all. And mostly because I’m not a good plant mom!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    Maybe for those people who don't feel like cooking chicken????

But it doesn't actually have actual chicken inside. I think it is as part of the flavouring? Which is a bit weird actually I would say.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I agree.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Ugh... had a doctor's appointment today and I am officially at my highest weight ever. I need to get my *kitten* into gear and figure this out.

I did get out today and take an hour walk along the lake front.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The walks are a good thing and I've been keeping up with them myself.

Too much yummy food and too many treats is also great actually and in fact... except for the weigh thingy! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Nothing like the doctors scale to make you do some rethinking!

Celebrated hubby’s birthday (again!) with friends. I managed to avoid eating the celebratory chocolate cake and ice cream. Wasn’t easy but I need to get serious about the creeping extra pounds.
    Besides we’ve celebrated his birthday once already and will do so again in a few weeks with other friends. Enough already!
  • Athijade
    Options
    Whelp... I am already injured one day after deciding I need to try and turn things around. Got on the bus yesterday and the driver pulled away super hard when I was trying to sit down so I fell. Right leg is pretty painful. Banged up my knee and sprained my knee, ankle, and foot. But everything from my hip down hurts.

Had a good cry last night due to the pain and just feeling lost and alone. Gonna take it slow today and baby my leg.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope you saw a doctor Athijade! Hope you’re feeling a bit better today.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That, sucks! Hopefully all of it is surface stuff that goes away fast? But maybe get it checked out?
  • lauriekallis
    edited May 2023
    Options
    What a shame, Athijade! This kind of fits into the "No good deed goes unpunished" category.
    You and Yooly are going to have lots of beautiful colours!
    How are your coloured regions feeling, Yooly?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well - the nethers are now green and yellow. So the bruises are finally fading. And the pain is pretty much gone. So all is good in nether land.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good news, Yooly!
    Fingers crossed that your leg has eased a bit, Athijade, with no long term consequences.
    My boob bruise has yet to come. Last time it showed up after a week or so...so maybe soon...itchy beyond belief today :) that has to be a good sign!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I hope all three's of you'ze heal PURRFECTLY!
  • Athijade
    Options
    Leg is feeling a little better. Have a few spots on it that are multi colored. My knee and foot seem to have taken the most damage. I did not go see a doctor because I didn't want to sit at a clinic or ER over the weekend with all the sick people and I don't have the PTO atm to go during the week. As long as it keeps feeling better then I am going to just nurse it myself. I'll just wait until next week to try adding exercise!

Glad everyone else seems to be healing up!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    knees are tricky. not that you can do much about it I guess if there is damage... so hopefully there isn't any and nurse @Athijade will do an awesome job for you!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Got my routine mammogram and a bone density test this morning. I assume all is well but won’t get the results for a week. Given my history it makes me a bit antsy.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well you did give your bone density a good test already... so that's one less thing to worry about!
  • Athijade
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Got my routine mammogram and a bone density test this morning.

I need to schedule my first mammogram but I keep putting off because I am so scared of it. Not just the procedure itself, but because of what it might find. I always expect the worse.

Update on my injury... the cat tried to kill me yesterday by tripping me. I came down awkward on the same leg that I was already hurting on. Something kinda popped in my foot as well. So my pain levels are back up. I can still walk on it, though it hurts a lot. *Sigh* I feel like I can't win.