Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Today is the happiest day of my life, New Numbers. Now down to 298.6. I haven't seen that number for a while. I am still following IF (intermittent fasting) food plan. I seems to work for me. Working diligently for my goal of 100 lbs. off by May 2021. So far 30 lbs. off.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Today officially marks 60 lbs lost for me. This is more than I have ever lost on previous attempts, and kind of impresses me to think where I was this time last year. A lot can change in a year! Next milestone is breaking into the 180's.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @gewel321 Congrats! That must feel so good!!! That is my next big milestone goal as well - 22 lbs to go :)
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    GUESS WHO IS OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!

My BMI has officially made it to the overweight category! It's been a long way to get here again but I am here and super excited.

Great job! I am in a similar position in that I am almost to the obese category, started in the morbidly obese. I keep flirting with that 35 BMI point.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    GUESS WHO IS OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!

My BMI has officially made it to the overweight category! It's been a long way to get here again but I am here and super excited.

That's fantastic! Congratulations!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Down 4 lbs this week for a total of 26 lbs. Yeah, I like to see that downward trend.
    Is anyone else having trouble with the site. My home page won't load. It will let me do anything else but the home page.

That happens about once a week for me.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Can you explain how at maintenance I had a 2.3% body weight water weight swing in two days? (sodium plus WALKING) 🥺🤔
  • NovusDies
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Can you explain how at maintenance I had a 2.3% body weight water weight swing in two days? (sodium plus WALKING) 🥺🤔

If I look at a salt shaker I gain 2.3 percent. If I use it I gain 5.8 percent.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @PAV8888 @NovusDies Throw in salt on top of pre-packaged food in August high humidity and heat after a long walk (or heavy yard work) and you might just see 8% increase lol

My scale was up this morning, but after what I did yesterday coupled with the pizza for dinner last night coupled with hormones, I'm actually very please to see its only up 2 lbs from yesterday and its still under 230 at least.

I'll be moaning eventually about getting into the 100's consistently; expect that from me come about March. Meanwhile, I just want to see 224 as my trend weight and then 220. I've been fighting all summer just to get that trend weight into the 220's, but 220 is the first big time goal I set and the struggle to get there is driving me bananas! (of course right now at this time of the month, pretty much everything is driving me bananas - ask my poor cats.......)

BUT the trend is is at list into the 220's now - sitting st 228.5 lbs. Hopefully I can keep it there this time. It took me 10 days to finally shed all the water weight from my diet break and vacation - just in time for one last camping trip of the year ......oy vey........*rolls eyes * Though this trip is with the best friend who is also trying to lose weight and who will be leaving all the cooking up to me, so as long as I can keep from getting in whatever snack foods she brings, I should be able to stick to my deficit, hopefully.
  • deafenbaugh
    deafenbaugh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    As of Thursday every projected weight track I go by will be under 200. The scale is defiantly staying at 204 and 205 though. Today it is back to 204. It looks like I am going to have to earn this one with loads of extra extreme patience. I mean onederland is only asking to weigh what I did in junior high... WHY IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?!?

lol
    It is not that much to ask and you will get there!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I am lower today which is surprising since I mowed yesterday. 202.8 and hopefully the whoosh is not quite over.

One of the changes I made to the spreadsheet when I rebooted it in January was to add 3, 6, and 12 week deficit pounds. This allows me to track my recent compliance. There was a time I had a very regulated schedule most of the time for a weekly maintenance day. I banked calories so that by the time I ate maintenance (usually Sunday) I was still in a 7 day deficit. I explained what I did and how I did it in the main MFP thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735146/the-six-day-calorie-deficit-aka-banking-calories/p1

Over the summer I have been taking extra maintenance days but still trying to bank some but it is much less organized than it had been. Seeing the deficit pounds helps me see what all the messiness has translated to in a nice snapshot.

My breakdown of pounds by deficit is: 3:1.06 6:1.12 12:.73

The 12 catches part of a diet break so overall I am really pleased. My goal right now is to lose 1 pound per week so all the added maintenance days are being offset by my banking even though compared to what I was doing before it feels so much sloppier. But that is how the spreadsheet helps me because numbers are unbiased whereas feelings are.

The only troubling thing in this snapshot is that historically I lose just a touch faster than my deficit because I tend to log on the high side and these numbers are already about as high as they need to be.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    202 today which is my lowest weight so far. I have until Saturday morning to hit Onederland before Saturday's maintenance + restaurant food upticks the scale again.

By my spreadsheet TDEE my lowest potential weight is 199.9. Since that is my conservative track the Onederland watch is ON like Donkey Kong!

I am not holding my breath though. I still have some soreness.

In other news I am 9 pounds now from my initial stopping place. Pre Feb 15, 2018 I had lost all hope of ever saying anything remotely close to those words. Being under 10 pounds to a goal even if it is not the ultimate final goal (still don't know what number that would be) is CRAZY TALK!
  • skurve04
    skurve04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Update, I bought a tape measure and it was to small for my biggest around the belly measurement. Talk about feeling *kitten* lol, I stayed strong and in my diet. Got to measure a few other body parts to get a "baseline". Also, I matched my recent low weight today, hopefully tomorrow will bring a new recent record low.

How's August going? Any updates?
  • NovusDies
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Oh and 202 now places me at the same weight I was at 15 years of age. That is crazy talk too.

I honestly cannot remember at all what I weighed at 15 :) Truthfully, I apparently can't remember what I weighed at 18 or 22, either, considering I was thinking that I was the size now that I was then, but then seeing a picture of me at 18 and realizing that no, I am much, much thinner now!

I remember because I was on a diet that was doomed to fail because I didn't understand scale fluctuations and I kept restricting and exercising more to get the scale down until it broke me.

Earlier in the year I remember thinking that I might be at my wedding weight and like you I looked at the pictures to realize I was already less. I wasn't trying to lose at the time so I am not sure what I weighed when I got married. I was in the obese category but not too far yet.