Share your Numbers

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    Context and :blush: re above: first world problems that I'm grateful to have!

After being weight stable for a while a 3.33% change in trending weight (almost 7% in terms of scale weight) felt significant and became a focus in spite of it being almost irrelevant in terms of the overall weight loss picture!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    edited April 2021
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Context and :blush: re above: first world problems that I'm grateful to have!

After being weight stable for a while a 3.33% change in trending weight (almost 7% in terms of scale weight) felt significant and became a focus in spite of it being almost irrelevant in terms of the overall weight loss picture!

I've gained a percentage in the past 4 weeks. I understand it isn't really significant but wow it feels very significant. In my mind I'm back to where I was 100 lbs ago. Strange how the brain works. Trying hard to fight that bit of despondency....today I'm winning the fight and am actually going to try to get back in the groove as of today.

Glad you are here fighting your first world problems with us. We are all pretty blessed.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    24/03/24! Lol! can see me back here in the future?! Not on your life! .... meant 03/03/21! 🤣🤣🤣
  • PAV8888
    @lauriekallis glad to hear you're fighting!!!

Past failures tell me that the easier I make it to return to my normal plan the better the outcome for me.

Hence the bag of tricks full of what I consider to be filing foods i enjoy, aiming for relatively small deficits, choosing easy to implement exercise such as walking etc
  • PAV8888
    @janatki I hope you will be around in 2024 successfully managing your maintenance instead of starting up on weight loss!
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Wow @conniewilkins56 ...that’s awesome! You have been so consistent..you can see how that is paying off..very inspiring for us just starting (well..re-starting in my case). And 230 by end of summer...totally doable for you! I’m a bit nervous of actually making a goal like that myself. My goal right now is to simply stay with MFP and do my best to lose anything..kinda a one day by one day approach while I’m doing active treatments. Now rest up and get better so you can get into those 230s🙂
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    That’s so great @conniewilkins56! Averaging 1 lb per week over 100 weeks - true commitment
  • lauriekallis
    roz0810 wrote: »
    March 18: 260
    March 25: 256.6
    April 1: 254.8
    April 8: 251.4

Been working really hard, under calories everyday and drinking lots of water. 😁

Good for you! Look at the results - what a great way to move into spring.
  • lauriekallis
    [quote="conniewilkins56;c-45888716"... my lowest weight!...103.2 pounds lost ....[/quote]

Congratulations, Connie! I hope this illness doesn't throw your scale off. The one time I had a stomach flu type bug last year and didn't eat much/stomach rejected what I did eat - I ended up gaining for several days afterwards. Just a reaction to the illness it seemed, no other reason, my exercise was up and calories were down.

I'm so glad you are shining the way forward...and seeing your numbers and determination keeps me looking forward to getting back to more than 100 pounds lost when otherwise I would be in a funk over losing that milestone.

• lauriekallis
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Good progress this week.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 63,8 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb - 24,9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 117.0 kg - 257.9 lb - 42,0 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 115.3 kg - 254.2 lb - 41,3 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -1.7 kg / -3.7 lb / -1.45% TBW

OL: 62.5 kg - 137.8 lb - 22.4 BMI

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 4.0 kg - 8.9 lb
    Obese class I: 18.0 kg - 39.6 lb
    Overweight: 31.9 kg - 70.4 lb
    Normal: 45.9 kg - 101.1 lb

9 pounds remaining for moving to obese II cat. Now, that's a milestone I never thought I'd get anytime soon when I started, it seemed so far away!

That's amazing progress this week! You must have been really working it. Congratulations! Do you have any rewards planned for yourself when you drop down into this new class?
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member

That's amazing progress this week! You must have been really working it. Congratulations! Do you have any rewards planned for yourself when you drop down into this new class?

Many thanks and...none! I'll have to think of something, now that you mention it. >:)
  • PAV8888
    Visit the new acropolis museum if it is open given COVID!👍
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Good progress this week.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 63,8 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb - 24,9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 117.0 kg - 257.9 lb - 42,0 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 115.3 kg - 254.2 lb - 41,3 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -1.7 kg / -3.7 lb / -1.45% TBW

OL: 62.5 kg - 137.8 lb - 22.4 BMI

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 4.0 kg - 8.9 lb
    Obese class I: 18.0 kg - 39.6 lb
    Overweight: 31.9 kg - 70.4 lb
    Normal: 45.9 kg - 101.1 lb

9 pounds remaining for moving to obese II cat. Now, that's a milestone I never thought I'd get anytime soon when I started, it seemed so far away!

Quick question for you, @Dante_80 , but, how do you figure out the categories for your BMI class? I know how to figure out my BMI (or, well, as accurately as I can without one of those fat measurements things), but, I'm curious to know how much farther I have to go to get from class II to class I in my case.

You are doing so great, I'm so proud of you! ♥️
  • Dante_80
    edited April 2021
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Visit the new acropolis museum if it is open given COVID!👍

Good idea but...I live 100 meters from it in a straight line lol. Was going over about twice a week some years ago.
    Quick question for you, @Dante_80 , but, how do you figure out the categories for your BMI class? I know how to figure out my BMI (or, well, as accurately as I can without one of those fat measurements things), but, I'm curious to know how much farther I have to go to get from class II to class I in my case.

You are doing so great, I'm so proud of you! ♥️

Thanks for the kind words. Knowing my height and the target BMI for a given class, I solve the equation for weight.

Example.

BMI = Weight (kg) / Height (m) squared.
    Weight = BMI * Height squared.

So, to get to class I obesity (Between BMI 35 and 30)

X = 35 * (1.67*1.67)
    X = 35 * 2.78
    X = 97.3kg

Right now I'm 115.3kg. So, to move to class I, I have to lose 18 more kg. Hope this makes sense.
  • Joeblackwell75
    Joeblackwell75 Posts: 13 Member
    @Dante_80 Great job! You've done a fantastic job and this is so inspiring to the rest of us that have a long journey ahead. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!
  • Dante_80
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! I may not post a lot, I do gather a lot of inspiration and courage from the group here though, reading your stories and seeing your own journeys unfold. Let's do this! :)