Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    MuttiNM wrote: »
    I know I don't post here very often but I do usually read your posts daily. I appreciate all the support and sharing of successes and struggles. For us "larger losers", this is a long process. (Never-ending really if we include maintenance.)

Anyway, I just had to share. I reached my original goal weight today. My impossible, pie-in-the-sky, miracle if it ever happens, goal weight. I started this time on 4/17/19 at 415.8 pounds with my highest weight ever at 435 on 11/1/18. I set my goal weight at 160, thinking it would be a miracle to get below 300, let alone to onederland. Today, about 22.5 months later, I weighed in at 158.6. I now know 160 is not my final goal weight. I'm technically still at an "overweight" BMI and have more fat to lose. I think my final goal will be somewhere between 130 and 150 but I don't know for sure. I hope to know it when I see it--a healthy but sustainable weight. Right now, though, I'm doing a happy dance. I probably haven't seen the 150s on the scale in about 40 years.

Hope you all have (or had) a great rest of your Sunday!

Wow. Just wow. What an achievement.

I imagine you must be feeling pretty darn light on your feet doing that happy dance!

Thank you for sharing so that we can all celebrate alongside you and know what can happen if we just persevere.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @muttinm Congrats are in order, Weigh to go!
    You give me (& others I'm sure) hope, put in the work, earn the result.

If you care to share, what would you say is the most surprising thing you learned in general or about yourself along the way?
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis You are so right. I do feel light on my feet! :) I'm still amazed at how easy it is to walk around my small condo now. I shouldn't be but I am. I mean, it's obvious dragging around that much extra weight makes things much harder but I still catch myself thinking, "Wow! This is so much easier now. I actually do feel lighter as I move around!". It takes much less effort to move my body now...and to do a happy dance!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    You lost 257 lbs in 22.5 months?....that is over 20 lbs lost each month!...how did you do this?....do you have a magic wand?...that is amazing!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 No, not quite 20 pounds each month! I wish! :) It averages out closer to 11 pounds a month. I lost a LOT of water weight the first couple weeks so that really inflated my average. I probably lost 12-13 pounds a month for a few months in the beginning. Of course, it's been going down gradually since then. I'm probably doing 6 or 7 pounds a month now.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @FitByFifty1970 What a great consistent weighing in / weight loss pattern you have going this past month and a bit!
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am surprised by it but I'm not questioning anything, lol
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good progress this week. Some of it might have been latent from the last one though. Can't complain, and I finally cracked 120kg, it's been more than 6 years since I was that low! :)

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb

LW: 121.2 kg - 267.2 lb
    CW: 119.8 kg - 264.1 lb
    Variance: -1.4 kg / -3.1 lb / -1.16% TBW

OL: 58.0 kg - 127.9 lb - 20.8BMI

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 8.5 kg - 18.8 lb
    Obese class I: 22.5 kg - 49.5 lb
    Overweight: 36.4 kg - 80.3 lb
    Normal: 50.4 kg - 111.0 lb

@FitByFifty1970 Great progress and dedication to data analysis! Here is my spreadsheet too C:

WtZ1uO1.png
    (click for full res)
  • FitByFifty1970
    Options
    Love it!!!!
  • FitByFifty1970
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Don't know why but if I weigh myself a few hours after waking up I weigh less so this AM I was down 1.4 but an hour later it was 2.0 so I took that one (even picked up a 30 pound weight to reweigh myself and put it down and still got the 2.0 number). Not sure why that happens. Feeling blah. Boyfriend is down 25 of his goal of 30 and glad for him. I should be at 20 though for my 25 pound goal and I'm still not there. Hoping it is PMS bloat and next Thurs will be better. Bought a size 12 jean on clearance, not a true 12 as it is that stretchy fabric but I hope when it comes to the store for pick up I'll be closer to fitting in it.

Details for those that are interested:

Female
    Start age 49
    Start date 9/8/2019
    Start weight 256.0
    Current age 50
    Current date 3/11/2021
    Current weight 186.2
    Total loss 69.8

And the spreadsheet - weeks I didn't weigh were post surgery related and/or not really actively on any weight loss plan.

0lc2f6exlz1g.png
  • FitByFifty1970
    Options
    Ty, I have a bit of a break between reality and how I'm feeling. I also hope this is PMS. I do get very down and depressed before my period. Ty for the kindness.
  • Dante_80
    Options
    Some progress this week. I started walking for an hour every day, so I think the results might be better next week. Read somewhere that there is some water retention when you start exercising...we'll see.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 63,8 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb - 24,9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 119.8 kg - 264.1 lb - 43,0 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 119.0 kg - 262.3 lb - 42,7 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -0.8 kg / -1.8 lb / -0.67% TBW

OL: 58.8 kg - 129.6 lb - 21.1BMI

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 7.7 kg - 17.0 lb
    Obese class I: 21.7 kg - 47.8 lb
    Overweight: 35.6 kg - 78.5 lb
    Normal: 49.6 kg - 109.3 lb
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Some progress this week. I started walking for an hour every day, so I think the results might be better next week. Read somewhere that there is some water retention when you start exercising...we'll see.

Good stuff! I'm normally a big walker - between 2 and 3 hours a day depending on weather. If, for some reason I don't walk that much - I'm always lighter the next day. Since that usually means I had a bad day of some sort or another, the scale cutting me a bit of slack is a nice bonus!
  • Dante_80
    edited March 2021
    Options
    To tell you the truth, I love walking but it is not that easy for me (fibromyalgia in the soles and bad knees). So I refrained from walking more until last week or so.

Also, I just got MRI results for the knees and..well...I think that the next doctor that sees them will probably tear his diplomas and emigrate away..XD

Both menisci completely torn (the left shattered in a pretty funky way, they can't seem to find where one part has gone lol), stage 4 osteochondritis, fluid in both knees, one of the ligaments hanging by a couple of fibers etc etc.

I always thought my knees were painful, but I never did actually go for a diagnosis. It seems that what I was attributing to extra weight was actual damage and completely abnormal for most humans. The more you know.

Now...I have to lose some more weight, so that I can fix them properly. This is actually another good motivator for me, and I'm really glad for working in healthcare too, since I can do the surgeries for free.

Ουδεν κακόν αμιγές καλού - every cloud has a silver lining
  • FitByFifty1970
    Options
    Beats the phrase "every silver lining has a cloud". Haha.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,639 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Ουδεν κακόν αμιγές καλού - every cloud has a silver lining

I was first drawn by your weight prediction chart... and then I noticed the headers!

And I admit that Elleni--Elies--Itia--Niarhos--and especially Thronos--and you know what crossed my mind!!! has me totally baffled as to which neighborhood we're dealing with and as to what the numbers mean: are they steps? Are they calories? Are we dealing with meters? And what's hidden under all the bottom tabs?!

If MFP were working properly I would send you a FR just for the spreadsheet; but, well... this is MFP! :smile:

As to the knees... well... not sure if mine are as bad as your knees (ACL gone; shattered cartilage sucked out); but the combination of lighter weight and retained strength as I slimmed down definitely helped, validating the strength training suggestions of a long ago physio. On the not as great news but with a silver lining front, the dry on dry cracking (particularly prevalent when seated) continued till I was within sight of normal BMI. But it almost totally went away at around BMI 26.

Best of luck and what an impressive project to launch during COVID
  • Dante_80
    edited March 2021
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    And I admit that Elleni--Elies--Itia--Niarhos--and especially Thronos--and you know what crossed my mind!!! has me totally baffled as to which neighborhood we're dealing with and as to what the numbers mean: are they steps? Are they calories? Are we dealing with meters?

These are arbitrary landmarks that I use when walking in my neighborhood (I live just below the Acropolis in Athens, Greece). The numbers signify meters. You see, due to a fibromyalgia problem in my toes, I have to stop and take an obligatory 2 minute break every 10-12 minutes or so when walking. Thus, I'm using self-nominated landmarks to both calculate the distance I walk every day, and try to spread out my stops in a fashion that makes sense for my cardio. Weird problems tend to require...weird solutions! >:)
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    And what's hidden under all the bottom tabs?!

Mostly daily nutrition tracking data, ordered by month...what I eat every day. I tend to use both excel and Cronometer for this.

Many thanks btw. I do seem to view this as a science project of sorts, with the added benefit of self-improvement in the end. Or at least...that's what I tell myself... :p