Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,626 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 It sure is hard work! You must have felt so disheartened. Knowing much of it is fluid retention helps but it still stings. Congratulations!
    We are almost there again and from then on - woohoo! (she says optimistically like some kinda magic is going to step in and take over :p )
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you....this losing weight thing is hard work!...I am in the same boat...after hitting a low of 247 before the holidays, I ballooned back up to a whopping 270....so much fluid retention...but I am happy to report I am back at 251 this morning...not getting my swimming in has really limited how much I can eat...right now I am set at -1.5 pounds a week...I have been walking a little and trying to just move around more...losing a little over 100 pounds has completely changed my life and I feel really good...I plan on losing another 50 lbs this year if all goes well....the weather is supposed to be warmer next week so I hope I can get in the pool...everyone keep up the great work!

@conniewilkins56 I can so relate to that! Not getting my walking in has made sticking to my regular deficit a big challenge!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 It sure is hard work! You must have felt so disheartened. Knowing much of it is fluid retention helps but it still stings. Congratulations!
    We are almost there again and from then on - woohoo! (she says optimistically like some kinda magic is going to step in and take over :p )

Being a Binge eater I should know what happens when I start eating sweets and fats....but, alas!...I never learn....well, I am learning but I am a slow learner lol....in 19 months I have binged really bad maybe six or seven times and that is a lot better than eating non stop 24/7.... my worst fear is actually maintenance....I know how to lose weight and I know how to gain it but I have never maintained in my entire life!......I desperately need a successful 2 week maintenance break before I get to 199 but I do not even know when to take it....presently I need to concentrate on getting to 240....maybe I will in a couple of months...I need to be in complete control before I attempt a break because I do not want another food fest!...my doctor and I both think at 210 to 215 I should slow my losses down and concentrate on keeping the weight off or losing at a slower pace...I think that is a good idea, too...at my height,age,bone structure, excess skin, etc, I will probably not go below 190 to 195...I do not plan on skin reduction surgery....so far it isn’t bad....and I am building some muscle from swimming....anyone have any ideas or suggestions?...does this sound doable?...help!
  • lauriekallis
    Options

Being a Binge eater I should know what happens when I start eating sweets and fats....but, alas!...I never learn....well, I am learning but I am a slow learner lol....in 19 months I have binged really bad maybe six or seven times and that is a lot better than eating non stop 24/7.... my worst fear is actually maintenance....I know how to lose weight and I know how to gain it but I have never maintained in my entire life!......I desperately need a successful 2 week maintenance break before I get to 199 but I do not even know when to take it....presently I need to concentrate on getting to 240....maybe I will in a couple of months...I need to be in complete control before I attempt a break because I do not want another food fest!...my doctor and I both think at 210 to 215 I should slow my losses down and concentrate on keeping the weight off or losing at a slower pace...I think that is a good idea, too...at my height,age,bone structure, excess skin, etc, I will probably not go below 190 to 195...I do not plan on skin reduction surgery....so far it isn’t bad....and I am building some muscle from swimming....anyone have any ideas or suggestions?...does this sound doable?...help!

I'm not sure about any of this....but I'm kinda started the "slowdown" shift and started thinking more about maintenance when I hit 190 ish - with 30 pounds maybe to go. I don't know how I'm doing yet....but things are slowly changing.

https://www.intuitiveeating.org/our-books/

I have been seeing a counsellor for the past several years to deal with disordered eating - primarily binge or ... lol ... non stop. And she recommended this book a year ago: The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Principles for Nourishing a healthy Relationship with Food." I bought it, but I didn't open it until last week because my counsellor is very anti diet and wasn't particularly pleased with my drastic weightloss or my plan to continue past 190. But I couldn't bear the extra weight any more and forged ahead despite her concerns - trying to be mindful at least.

I'll let you know in a week or so how the book is. So far, it seems intelligent and thought provoking. I wasn't even going to look at it now, but I accidentally ordered two from Amazon and instead of returning one I sent it to a friend and she began it right away. She said it was really fantastic and thought I should start now too because it wasn't going to try to stop me from dieting...lol
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis I've read through lots of Evelyn Tribole's work on IE and I honestly think it's how I'd ideally live my life someday. I also come from a past of disordered eating (yo-yoing between binging and orthorexic restriction) so I know that calorie counting has been a very slippery slope for me in the past and it's something I should probably considering letting go of altogether in the near future in favor of just trying out IE.

I had somewhat of an opposite experience with counselors—a lot of them pushed weight loss really hard and my current one, who is also HAES-informed and anti-diet, did tons of work with me on my existing trauma around food and has never once suggested weight loss to me. This bout sort of began unintentionally after I got into a good rhythm with movement and started to want to incorporate other habits that support a positive relationship with my body. I'm 100% sure that the fact that she's never wanted me to lose is the only reason I actually have without retreating into an eating disorder—it's like she gave me room to work on my actual mental health without trying to blame it on my weight and having that extra freedom and brainpower meant that I could engage with nutrition and exercise in a healthy and non-obsessive way.

Anyway, I'd love to know what you think when you're through with it! I personally found it really insightful and, while I'm still working on developing enough trust in my body to dive into it myself, pretty aspirational.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    emmyjaykay wrote: »
    ... my current one, who is also HAES-informed and anti-diet, did tons of work with me on my existing trauma around food and has never once suggested weight loss to me. This bout sort of began unintentionally after I got into a good rhythm with movement and started to want to incorporate other habits that support a positive relationship with my body. I'm 100% sure that the fact that she's never wanted me to lose is the only reason I actually have without retreating into an eating disorder—it's like she gave me room to work on my actual mental health without trying to blame it on my weight and having that extra freedom and brainpower meant that I could engage with nutrition and exercise in a healthy and non-obsessive way.

I feel exactly the same way! It was a very liberating experience to be honest and along the way I was very mindful of respecting my body and respecting its nutritional needs and respecting my psychological needs. I think it all came together to help with this weight loss.

I'm somewhat terrified now though as I prepare for the next step...hopefully the workbook can be a positive shining light. I'll keep you posted! Thank you so much for telling us of your experience.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Age 57
    Height 5’9"
    Starting Weight: 275.6 lbs (Jan 2020)
    Current Weight: 178.4 lbs
    Long Term Goal Weight: 150 - 160 lbs (????)
    Short Term Goal Weight: 175 lbs (100 lbs down!!)
    Normal BMI - 169 (ten pounds away!)

Finally broke through that 179. It has taken over a month....lol. I'm hoping that the scale will continue to be more inclined to reflect what I'm doing and eating. It took a while after the holidays - first to get my eating back on track and then - this was a surprise because I kind of expected a quick water weight drop - there was a delay before my on-track eating showed up on the scale. I was so happy this morning I almost cried with relief. Days of frustration just disappeared.

Yay!...you must feel on top of the world!.....
  • lauriekallis
    edited January 2021
    Options

I did indeed - made the whole day a tad sweeter.

That is some fine party hat in your new picture!

• conniewilkins56
    Options

Our Pitsky was 2 today...her name is Willow and we had a party for her complete with gifts and cupcakes!...she has big blue eyes and bigger huge white teeth!...she has been the puppy from Hell but is finally calming down....a little!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Our Pitsky was 2 today...her name is Willow and we had a party for her complete with gifts and cupcakes!...she has big blue eyes and bigger huge white teeth!...she has been the puppy from Hell but is finally calming down....a little!

I have a Pitsky too! Mine is now 4 years old and has significantly chilled out compared to her younger self but still has a major sassy streak.
  • lauriekallis
    Options

She is beautiful! I'm not familiar with "Pitsky" is it a combination of 2 breeds?

• conniewilkins56
    Options

She is beautiful! I'm not familiar with "Pitsky" is it a combination of 2 breeds?

A Pitsky is a Pitt Bull and pure blooded Huskie....she weighs over 80 lb and is very strong and too smart...she has markings like a German Shepherd and big blue eyes....she was the runt of the litter and one of our daughters students sold her to Amanda...she was easily housebroken but she was really not a very nice puppy!...she went to obedience school twice and tried to bite the instructor...she ate phones, remotes,ear phones,shoes,sofa,chair,table,jumped and scratched and bit us a few times...we were tempted to get rid of her but she could be so loving and we were afraid any other owner would beat her into submission...so we kept her and all of us ( our daughter, her husband and two grands live with us ) worked with her and she is now a great pet...still a bundle of energy and is devoted to all of us but leery of strangers...and she sill jumps on us but so so so much better!...and the stomach of a goat!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    A Pitsky is a Pitt Bull and pure blooded Huskie....

I was guessing that - but thought I must be wrong about the Husky - because I couldn't see that in the picture. She is lovely. I can imagine she would be a handful! In my neighbourhood I see a tremendous number of huskies lately, and can't help but wonder why so so many people are breeding them in an inner city setting and expecting them to hangout on the couch all day. My neighbour of many moons ago had huskies and the energy and the work it too to give them the exercise they really needed shocked me! Those eyes though <3 She is so lucky to have found her place in a loving, patient home.

• cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello! Ah, it's so wonderful you have pets! We have been thinking about adopting a dog, and even applied for it, but they said the puppy we wanted would not be a good fit for us based on the survey we filled in. We were thinking of a greyhound, as we read they tend to be quite lazy apartment dogs. But apparently they aren't! :) Anyways, I'm grateful they let us know before actually getting the puppy.

December was another tough month for my family, as we unexpectedly lost another family member. We were just recovering from our other loss in August, I was getting back on track with logging and weight loss, and then our hearts broke again.

So, I was aiming to do better in Jan, but now it looks like I'll leave that for Feb, which is also my 1 year WL anniversary this time round.

SW: 231.4 (25th Feb 2020)
    CW: 198.4
    LW: 192
    GW: 141ish

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    My Starting Weight:
    ~375 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My goal:
    180 lbs
    Milestone:
    215 lbs
    Current Weight:
    226.8 lbs 1/28/2021
    Loss this Week:
    -1.2 lbs
    Total Loss:
    -148.2 lbs

What's Working/What Needs Work:

well, I'm rather surprised to see this entry, considering I haven't had a good track record this week. LIttle extra exercise the last 3 days and over eating again. I also have had a time with my scales - I have 2 of them and both give me trouble on giving me a steady weight; the reading I get depends on where in the floor I put them. And it can differ as much as 10 lbs sometimes! But I think this morning's reading is the stable one, so I went with it - its what the scale finally balanced out to and repeated and matched up best with the other scale.

That said, I think water weight has been my bane and that I'm doing better than I think. I bought 2 pair of jeans last week, both curvy fit but regular 16's and not 16W's and they fit so well, I could pull them on without unbuttoning them. Granted, they were Cato's 16's which is always a size smaller than elsewhere, but seeing as regular 16's were still on the tight side in October, I'm taking this as a good sign and am now curious to see if I could get the 14's on now. And a skirt I had bought off Amazon a few months ago but had not worn because it was just a smidge tighter than I cared for fit last night, too - though that might be due to the newer shapeware I had on, too lol

I'd be happier though if I could get that scale to stay on the other end of 225 lbs instead of beign so close to 230, especially my trend on HappyScale, but at least it is under 230 lbs and if I can keep it there, that will mean this plateau didn't result in worse of a regain total than 10 lbs, which to me is progress, considering the last two times I Plateaued during weigh loss!

So onward and forward; I'm nto quitting, even if I seem to be spinning my wheels for the time being!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Starting Weight....350.0 May 28, 2019
    Current Weight.....247.2
    Goal Weight.....anything under 200.0 I will take it!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    Current Weight.....247.2

And I know you will get there!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Current Weight.....247.2

And I know you will get there!

Thanks!...all of my friends on MFP have helped more than they know!...you amaze me with your gift for numbers....you have done great yourself losing so much weight!