Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

Replies

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,306 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am so annoyed that all my pants are getting too big! (This is the dumbest thing to whine about.)

Connie, I'm sorry about your short-term gain. I know can't be all real gain, but I know how much I hate those big upswings. Hang in there.

It is not dumb. It is a constant source of irritation. While it is worth celebrating that it is a definitive sign of weight loss it is no fun spending most of your time in between sizes. It is probably worse for some of us larger losers because we go through so many sizes. I put it off and then by the time I size down it is already on the loose side. So basically nothing ever fits correctly.
    I probably wait longer than I should, too. I think it's bothering me today more than usual, because I've gone long enough that almost every pair of pants I own are too big right now. I hate trying to shop for clothes online, but we don't have many options here so I probably better start looking!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    My 5 yo drill is dead. The one I had before it lasted 20 years. Everything is disposable these days. The new one I just ordered is not terribly expensive but the added annoyance for me is that I am forced to go get it today or I can't do the raised bed garden project I want to start later. That was not part of my plans but I just discovered the problem this morning when I was checking over things.

It is not cheaper in health costs to be sedentary but it is sure is expensive trying to have an 'active' lifestyle.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    I am super cranky and annoyed because I don't get to have my hour sewing time by myself today. I really appreciate having that one hour without a toddler tugging on me constantly and it just makes me want to eat all the things!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    my whine today is that one my of favorite dresses is too big :( I bought in 2017 in a size 24W, and noticed todya when I put it on that the top is gaping big time. It's also very long but before, I could wear heels and get it up so I wasn't tripping over it; not so this morning.

I plan to have mom pin it in the back for me and then I'll take it to the sewing machine and see if I can't take it up there and at the waist and get some more wear out of it!

I know, I know - that's a good thing, but still - it was one of my favorites!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    The past 3 days have been a hectic ongoing kerfluffle. Thank goodness for MFP. I made myself take the time to log my food and water and to do a minimum exercise routine ... otherwise, I'd probably have eaten my weight in chocolate!!
  • cesse47

:o May 8 ... and it's snowing!!! :o
  • bmeadows380
    @cesse57 I know! I'm horrified as well :disappointed:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I would love some snow!
  • bmeadows380
    IF I could figure out how to redirect the storm your way, I'd gladly trade it for some warm, sunny weather right now!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    awwwww, I miss snow!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Ack! I'm having trouble adjusting to my new calorie goal which is weird because I would regularly eat around 1600 anyways and look to get up to 1900. Now that the little ticker on my home page says 1600 I'm hungry. Perhaps I'll adjust.
  • NovusDies
    papayahed wrote: »
    Ack! I'm having trouble adjusting to my new calorie goal which is weird because I would regularly eat around 1600 anyways and look to get up to 1900. Now that the little ticker on my home page says 1600 I'm hungry. Perhaps I'll adjust.

When I had to push through an adjustment it was usually no more than 3 days. I don't think we, or at least I, lose some flexibility during a prolonged deficit. Most of it mental but still.
  • conniewilkins56
    If I set my calorie goal for a 2 a week loss, I feel deprived...if I set it for a 1.5 loss a week, I hardly ever eat all of my allowed calories...it’s a “ brain thing”... so afraid I will starve or something lol
  • bmeadows380
    I noticed that too, though for me, its sort of the opposite. I was at 1400 until 4 weeks ago, when I raised it up to 1600 to try to slow things down a bit (and seemed to have overcompensated.....) Anyway, I had been doing well on the 1400 + exercise, but raising it to 1600 seemed to kick off the snacky portion of my brain and I've been having trouble sticking to goal, even though I'm 200 calories higher than I was.

I also know that if I knock it back down to 1400, my brain is going to throw a hissy fit on me, even if I up the exercise calories and still average out to the same intake. *sigh* you know, this would be so much easier if my mind wasn't split into what feels like 3 or 4 different personalities, one lazy, one snarky and dictatorial, one whiny and child like and gluttony, and one overly critical.......with all of them arguing with each other and all of them wanting to do different things and not agreeing on anything, I feel like I've got a preschool class in my head sometimes! lol
  • conniewilkins56
    Yikes!...”Sybil Syndrome”..... lol
  • cesse47
    Need to clean Dining Room. But even before I can begin cleaning, I need to declutter. This is the first room entered from the garage so it becomes the major dumping ground. I figure I have several days of decluttering ahead of me before I can start the cleaning process. Figure I'll do it in 15 min chunks. Have to have a serious chat with Granddaughter ... the major offender of clutter!!! Definitely not looking forward to that! I'm not sure which is worse, the snippy snappy snarls - or- the whiny snotty under-her-breath comments.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,306 Member
    @cesse47 It's amazing how quickly things get done when you do just 15 minutes a day! A few years ago, I used that method with my storage room, and I got it done so much faster than I expected. I need to do it again this summer. New stuff has taken over. Sorry about the upcoming chat with your granddaughter though. :/
  • NovusDies
    A lady wanted a new garden tilled. Her husband was unwilling to do it. I offered. I only asked that the tiller go through the first of season maintenance and be running so I would not have to deal with it. Tillers are notorious for being rough starts because they sit around for so long. This one had sat in a garage for 2 years with gas in it. So not only was it not serviced for this year it wasn't even stored properly. I worked on it for 90 minutes siphoning out the rust and sludge but it was going to require more deconstruction than I am prepared to do on someone else's equipment.

I asked for one thing. No money. Just one thing.

Needless to say the tiller has to go to a shop so that is cancelled for now. I probably will not have more time to devote to it.
  • bmeadows380
    tillers are worse than lawn mowers - maybe not quite as bad as weed eaters, but a close second!