Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    I have been a tad quiet this week, trying to adjust back to life back in the office full-time after 4 months working from home, so didn't want to overwhelm myself with my to-do lists.

Anyway I am feeling a little more settled into routine now. Feeling a bit more active too now I'm back to 6km of walking commute a day.

Thursday 6th Aug
      [*] Post in Binge Eating Thread
      [*] Update tracking spreadsheet
      [*] Plan food for next couple of days

[*] Go for a lunchtime walk - regardless of the crap weather - that's what my jacket & umbrella are for!
      [*] Listen to a couple of chapters of audiobook
      [*] Do some laundry
      [*] Defrost some chicken for tomorrow
    • conniewilkins56
      conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
      Options
      I need to go to Publix and get some bottles of water....the water delivery company we use is backed up until the end of August!...no water delivery and no drivers to deliver it!...they have also raised their prices outrageously since the Virus has taken over every aspect of our lives!...

I also need to stay focused on my food selections for the day...

Do some regular house chores

Smile and try to stop worrying about things that do not matter

Be very extra kind to my dear husband who is in so much pain this week
    • mssue18
      mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
      Options
      I have been working on my apartment for a couple of years and have made a huge amount of progress. I am decluttering and downsizing. I did one room at a time working only for 15 min. at a time if necessary. I learned to only do little sections of a room at a time. Slowly it got done. I really wanted to do it because I wanted a nice apartment that I would be happy to have people over. Even with the pandemic, I want to do it for myself. The point is that 15 min. at a time works. Anything and everything is progress. Sometimes it looks worse before it looks better, but as long as you do something even for 5 or 10 min. or sometimes 30 min. you’ll get it done. Then maintaining it is like not leaving a room worse than before you went in it. I’m almost done sorting and getting rid of stuff. I’ve found a place for things. Organizing came after sorting and throwing out or donating. This has been the most rewarding work I have done in years. Losing weight and keeping it off is even more rewarding. With that said, I’m looking forward to losing the rest of my weight in little chunks. I will get there. We all will.
    • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
      Options
      Friday's goals: Log all the food, drink all the water, stretch every time you finish a story.

I have the grocery shopping to do because TOM had me useless on Thursday. Boyfriend is going with me to help me carry bags and such. Girlfriend doesn't go out because we still have a pandemic and she has mild COPD and is obese, and so at higher risk. Given that TOM is still going, that's probably most all I'll do, beyond making the chicken fingers for lunch and the beef tacos for dinner.
    • eliezalot
      eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
      Options
      Weekend goals:
      • Plant my new beebalm
      • Make and build some more tomato cages (top priority, they are huge)
      • Hang my new bird feeder
      • Bake some sourdough (Suzy should be ready now)
      • Spend a few hours getting caught up/ahead on work for next week (I say this every weekend but never do it lol. I mean so well)
      • Go for a nice bike ride at least one evening, preferably two.
      • Laundry. So very much laundry.
      • Clean up the (inflatable, kiddie) pool - seriously best thing i did for myself this summer. It has built in cup holders.
      • Spend a few hours (in 15 minute increments, thanks @cesse47!) going through boxes of clothes in the guest room. Much of it is stuff that is now too big for me, but some is super old things that just now fit again. I have to decide what I'm ready to get rid of. I'm worried about gaining the weight back, and plan to keep some of the harder to find/fit items, like one of my suits (with pants and skirt). I do plan to hide them away in the basement (out of sight, out of mind) so its not easy to accidentally start sizing back up and not really notice/care - I'd have to go digging for the clothes if that happened, which I would hope would trigger me to actually get back in a deficit rather than pulling the clothes out. But given how hard it was to find sleek, professional clothes at that size, I refuse to completely get rid of it, lol!
      • Start sorting said clothes to donate/sell/get rid of (linked with above):
        • Garbage - Stuff that is unmendable, i.e. the pajama shorts I've had for 10 years whose waistband is torn away from the actual shorts, that are so big i currently hold up them up by tying the excess fabric with a hair twistie. WHAT IT STILL "FITS" I CAN GET MORE USE OUT OF IT :lol:
        • Donate (local) - Some of my nicer plus-sized work clothes. I know how hard these are to find, and will donate these to a local organization that provides clothing for job interviews for women experiencing homelessness.
        • Donate (goodwill, etc...) - Anything else that is in decent, wearable condition
        • Sell (Poshmark?) - A few beautiful dresses I got and never had a chance to wear before they got too big. Hoping I can recoup at least some of the cost.

• conniewilkins56
      Options
      stay positive/don't quit my job/praise the lord all thru day/ only eat fruit and don't go over 2k calories/ stay focused

How much fruit are you allowed in a day if you are diabetic?...has any diabetes doctor given you an exact amount of what you can eat?...maybe you would do better with a very structured diet plan that tells you exactly what and how much to eat...it would simplify your choices and you would know exactly what to eat...this might give you a good starting point...my son in law was recently diagnosed and his sugar was also over 400... in six weeks he has it down to a little over 100 most days...he is eating the same breakfasts and lunches and a basic dinner menu of a meat,veggies and complex carb...usually one cup of fruit a day if that...and he eats low sugar protein bars as a snack or popcorn....good luck!
      Options
      Yeah, your body doesn't care if the fructose comes as a pear or as a Coke, it's all sugar. (Thus saith the woman who has a fructose intolerance.)

• mssue18
      Options
      Can anyone recommend a food scale to get to weigh and measure my food? Does it matter which one I get?
    • conniewilkins56
      Options
      mssue18 wrote: »
      Can anyone recommend a food scale to get to weigh and measure my food? Does it matter which one I get?

I found one I like at Publix a grocery store...it was less than $20 and works great!
    • eliezalot
      Options

I think i have an older version of this one: https://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-ZK14-S-Digital-Multifunction-Kitchen/dp/B004164SRA/ref=mp_s_a_1_5_mod_primary_new?dchild=1&keywords=food+scale&qid=1596851548&sr=8-5

It was cheap, it works, and I've been happy with it for years. Get one that will be easy to read with a variety of sizes of dishes on it, and that will fit on your counter well. I think most are prett ysimilar, otherwise!
    • conniewilkins56
      Options
      To the person that disagreed ...to give proper context ...I had made a goal of staying under 2k calories consumed .... So yes me only eating fruit after consuming 1800 calories before 10 am made sense

I honk I understand...you were only eating fruit for your last 200 calories...so did you eat nothing else all day after 10 a.m.?...I don’t think that is healthy for you...you need small regular meals...plus take care of yourself!
    • conniewilkins56
      Options
      Lol....I think I understand....sorry for typo
      Options
      As usual, water and log. I have a need to go run some errands today, and Boyfriend wants to go to the used bookstore. (I"m not going to complain about bookstores!!!) and I want to work on the new quichecake idea I had and see if I can make it work. If it can, it will be a quichecake with Italian sausage, tomato, onion, green peppers, and mushrooms and Italian seasoning, so a combination pizza flavor.
    • eliezalot
      Options
      eliezalot wrote: »

I think i have an older version of this one: https://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-ZK14-S-Digital-Multifunction-Kitchen/dp/B004164SRA/ref=mp_s_a_1_5_mod_primary_new?dchild=1&keywords=food+scale&qid=1596851548&sr=8-5

It was cheap, it works, and I've been happy with it for years. Get one that will be easy to read with a variety of sizes of dishes on it, and that will fit on your counter well. I think most are prett ysimilar, otherwise!

Actually I double checked, this is the one I've had. I think I got it back around 2013 or so. https://www.amazon.com/Escali-P115WR-Precision-Lightweight-Lifetime/dp/B0007GAX04
    • mssue18
      Options
      Today’s goals are actually tonight’s right now. I want to make salmon for dinner with broccoli. I have to push myself to do it. But I will. Then do the dishes.
      I also want to work 15 min. on my 3rd bookshelf. Then take a shower, relax and go to bed. Thank you for the food scale recommendation. I didn’t get one yet but will.
    • conniewilkins56
      Options
      Goals today: Go with John to Cardiologist appointment,run errands at bank,post office,drug store and Publix,fix lunch and dinner,vacuum,go to pool for 1 1/2 hours,unload dishwasher,fold clothes!...I think that’s enough for today!...daughter went to prepare classroom at school and grandkids are home but they are pretty much on their own...Johns spinal injections are in the morning so lots to take care of today!
    • Ccricfo
      Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
      Options
      My goals:

Tend to our vegetable garden
      Spend at least 4 hours prepping lesson plans for classes next week
      Stay within calorie allotment in order to obtain my 8 week goal to weigh 250 lbs
      Be nice to my wife
      Walk my dig 2 more times.
    • Ccricfo
      Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
      Options
      I meant walk my DOG