Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @cesse47 you give me such good ideas and it helps for this journey. Thanks! I did get 1 bookshelf done. I have 2 more to do. I’ll work 10-15 min. tonight on it. I cooked last night and I made enough for 3 nights. Whenever I cook I have leftovers. I don’t mind but sometimes I’m eating the same thing all week. That gets a little boring. I do make different things though. Since I’m doing MFP again I’ve found new ways to cook by looking at their recipes. The fruits and veggies are so good this time of year that I’m doing well eating healthy. I feel better this way. My goal is to continue buying and eating healthy food. Have a great night!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    To do today:

Change the sheets and duvet covers, wash and dry and make bed (whenever Boyfriend gets back up out of it.)

Fold and box up silk curtains from old house, now that they are back from the dry cleaner. I won't want the dark red curtains at all until we get to cooler weather, and depending on whether I need insulated curtains or not I may prefer to get new insulated curtains and use the red silk for a costume or historybounding; it would make a fabulously lush piece. The former dark red insulated patio door curtain is in there too, and I'll box it separately. It may get used over the patio door to the sunroom, to cut down on drafts in the winter.

Work on pantry organization and storage solutions.

Unbox the big mirror, get the top quilt for our bed off the mirror, and measure for studs and screw size. It makes the room feel much bigger and lighter and the bedroom can definitely use that. I'll wait to hang it until we can get one or two of my young strong sons down to help because hanging it is a three person job; two people hold it up and one person puts screws in the studs.

Put the dressing table top in order and hang pin board.

Check the meat and canned goods for the weekend's meals/into Monday, and shop the pantry and freezer. I have it all, I just need to move it for convenient access. My kitchen has not got much storage, really.

Make lunch: Lunch is going to be leftover chicken fried rice from Wednesday for me and Girlfriend, and chicken fingers with buffalo sauce to dip them in for Boyfriend.

Dinner is beef and cheese enchiladas for them, with rice and beans and salad, and I am having a taco salad cause I don't like enchilada sauce.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @cesse47 - haha, Suzy is kind of a pet. She is my sourdough starter, only a few months old. I've been neglecting her lately, so I hope she bounces back!

Weekend goals:
    • Get more planting done - try to get the rest of the cone flowers, daisies, and black-eyed susans in (so I can order some more plants...)
    • Bake bread
    • Pick and can more green beans
    • Bake cookies for an afternoon (distanced, outdoor, masked) State Fair-themed dinner with family
    • Spend a few hours getting caught up/ahead on work for next week :/
    • Do some weeding in the garden
    • Make and build some more tomato cages
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'm getting things done today. Stripped the bed and put the sheets and duvet covers to wash, and sprayed down the mattress with Febreeze. I need to febreeze the weighted blankets, too. I have to find somewhere in the bedroom to spread them out flat. Without feline assistance. (sigh) I also want to unpack the mirror, and get the top quilt off it so that we can use it on the bed. In general I'm working on the master bedroom.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo
    Do Yoga

Basically stayed the same for the month of July. To say I'm disappointed in myself is an understatement. However, I choose to turn it into a positive and think, rather, about how far I've come. I went into full lockdown near the beginning of March. I knew I'd gain a large amount of weight if I didn't proactively do something ... so chose to rejoin MFP and focus on losing lbs and getting healthier. I also quit smoking at the same time. Most people say not to do both at the same time ... but it was the right decision for me. I'm actually struggling more with losing weight; not smoking has not been an issue. So, the positive -- I've lost 17.4 lbs!! This during a time when many would have gained.

I've spent quite a bit of time this past week deciding how to move forward successfully. I reviewed and tweaked my goals and rewrote them as SMART goals. I looked at my original WHYs for losing weight and quitting smoking. Thought about what was holding me back. Decided my cravings, late night snacks, stress eating were causing me to perform less successfully than I'd like. So, I need to find alternatives when those situations crop up. Because I recognize that I need to incorporate more exercise into my daily routines, I've decided that when those cravings, etc occur, I will counter with doing some form of exercise. I think 5 minute bursts may do the trick ... squats, lunges, lifting 3 lb weights, etc.

I also recognize my need to do things that will keep my focus and motivation on track. To this end, I intend to participate more in MFP, listen to some podcasts as I do my daily tasks, and to read articles such as those found in web sites such as Lifehack. One thing I've always enjoyed doing is research. So every 3-4 days I'll choose a topic and do online research on it. Topic could be tied to weight loss, motivation, focus, or something of interest that I heard on the news.

OK ... that's my new plan for August. So, here's a toast 🍷 to you and me -- Here's To US!! ... One Month from now we can be in a completely different place mentally, spiritually, financially, and physically. Keep working and believing in yourself!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    mssue18 wrote: »
    @cesse47 you give me such good ideas and it helps for this journey. Thanks! I did get 1 bookshelf done. I have 2 more to do. I’ll work 10-15 min. tonight on it. I cooked last night and I made enough for 3 nights. Whenever I cook I have leftovers. I don’t mind but sometimes I’m eating the same thing all week. That gets a little boring. I do make different things though. Since I’m doing MFP again I’ve found new ways to cook by looking at their recipes. The fruits and veggies are so good this time of year that I’m doing well eating healthy. I feel better this way. My goal is to continue buying and eating healthy food. Have a great night!

Mostly I try to cook one-two portion meals so I don't have much in leftovers. However, once in a while I do want a beef or pork roast ... and then have to deal with managing leftovers, especially since I don't typically freeze them. I use a site called -- https://skinnytaste.com/ -- for recipes. I can depend on them being lower in calories which helps. I also like their meal planning section. It means I can cook a larger portion item and then see recipes for using leftovers for other days in that week. I'm also trying to add one new recipe each week so my food doesn't become boring and this site helps with that as well.
  • cesse47
    Options
    AUGUST GOALS ---

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Water outside plants -- done ... 'cause it's raining! LOL
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- still need to do
    Do Yoga

Minimizing sodium is tough! Had scrambled eggs with sides of cucumbers and raspberries for breakfast. Normally I S&P eggs and cukes ... only used pepper this morning. Need to see if I can find an alternative for the salt because they were definitely lacking in taste. Just checked my cupboard ... next time I'll try Mrs Dash salt free to see if that takes up the slack.
    Options
    We went out and got mail that got misdirected to our former residence, and then came home because his mental illness is flaring. I'm going to eat my lunch (he's in bed, I'll feed him when he gets up) and then go to the home improvement store and get a small variety of useful things; screws to put the mirror up, a new stud finder, a longer chain for the ceiling fan in the library, and a new window unit to put in the sewing/ guest room. The a/c currently in there only blows warm air, and that will not do.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    @cesse47 - haha, Suzy is kind of a pet. She is my sourdough starter, only a few months old. I've been neglecting her lately, so I hope she bounces back!

Weekend goals:
    • Get more planting done - try to get the rest of the cone flowers, daisies, and black-eyed susans in (so I can order some more plants...) - Done! All in the ground. As a reward, I ordered some more plants from the local nursery.
    • Bake bread - Not yet, but fed my starter again, and she is slowly waking back up. I'll feed her twice a day for a few days, then she should be active enough to bake with
    • Pick and can more green beans - The bush beans are pretty much done, and the pole beans are going strong. Debating whether I can get a second crop of bush beans still this summer. (probably not?)
    • Bake cookies for an afternoon (distanced, outdoor, masked) State Fair-themed dinner with family - The cookies turned out great, we had an amazing time, I ate my weight in corn dogs and cheese curds.
    • Spend a few hours getting caught up/ahead on work for next week :/ - I always MEAN to do work on the weekends, but honestly, screw it. Work belongs during work hours.
    • Do some weeding in the garden
    • Make and build some more tomato cages - I BADLY need to do this, but just didn't get to it this weekend. Maybe will start this during the week.
    Options
    Soooo today.....

I'm trying to decide whether to order another pair of 16 plus jeans. I have only one pair, and I thought initially that would do because I would be down in the three pairs of 16 straight jeans I have within a couple weeks.

Ha ha.

Nope. The straight cut is tighter across the belly and the hips, and that's the last place I lose. So I'm not quite in them yet. And it would be helpful to have a second pair of jeans. But we all know that if I shell out the cash for a new pair of jeans. I'll whoosh, and get to wear them once before they are miles too big and I have to put on the smaller ones. (sigh)

In other news, I am going to do a maintenance cleaning of the downstairs plus the kitchen and downstairs bathroom. Technically it's Girlfriend's bathroom (and grey with lavender and white accents) but we all use it during the day, so I think it's fair that I clean it instead of letting her do it. I'm also going to take the index cards off the doors and drawer fronts in the kitchen because by now we know where things are, we don't need the labels. I also have some rearranging to do so that the boys can effectively get the old a/c and the unused mini fridge out of the sewing room and downstairs into the garage for disposal( a/c) and donation (mini-fridge)

Lunch is chicken quesadillas, with or without jalapenos according to one's taste, and we're going out for dinner with the boys to a local diner-type restaurant that has a little bit of everything, and I might share a pizza with my eldest. We'll see. I'll probably go over on calories, but it is okay.

• eliezalot
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - Ugh I hate that difference in cuts between plus and straight sizes! Years ago when I was gaining weight, it was actually a relief to try on plus size jeans for the first time, because they just fit right all over! So much better for my proportions. I'm not sure what I'll do when I have to move back to straight sizes, lol.

If you have a brand you like, you could try to find some used on ebay, thredup, or poshmark. That also might "faciliate" the whoosh, but would in theory might cost less.

Also, lunch sounds delicious.
  • cesse47
    Options

AUGUST GOALS ---

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- STILL need to do
    Do Yoga

Using the rest of the chicken to make chicken salad today for lunch. I add celery, onion, red radish, grapes, and pepper. Normally, I'd add salt but will use Mrs Dash sodium free. I toast my sliced bread so each bite of the sandwich has a bit of a crunch. I thought about just eating on a bed of lettuce but I think I prefer the sandwich today.

Granddaughter is home today which always tends to disrupt my "routines". However, today I'm going to try to get as much done in my bedroom as possible so we shouldn't be bumping into each other much. I really want to get it reorganized and decluttered, need to mount the TV and dresser mirror, strip and remake the bed, etc.

Hope Y'All have a great day. 🌞
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a busy and productive day!
    Options
    I've been getting piles of flat cardboard boxes into bags, which are at least tidier than piles falling around everywhere. I'm going to see where I can recycle them locally, because the city hasn't sent us a recycling can yet. (Or our second trash can, for that matter....)

Also did a bit more work in the pantry, unpacked a box of size 16 clothes and am washing them so I can try them on (!!!) and unpacked a box of table linens from reenacting, and am washing those up to potentially use day to day, as I don't know when the SCA will start back up and, anyway, I don't know if I'll get to take Boyfriend due to his mental illness.
  • margaretlunan2
    margaretlunan2 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    make homemade spaghetti sauce for spaghetti dinner
    laundry 4 loads
    clean house( normal chores)
    dishes clean by hand
    bath pets (2 large dogs 2 cats)
  • cesse47
    Options

AUGUST GOALS ---

TASKS FOR TODAY ---

Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- STILL need to do
    Do Yoga

I just can't seem to get off the ground with reorganizing, cleaning, etc my bedroom. I think it's because I don't like it. Granddaughter set it up a year ago when she moved in using her old bedroom set which is made of dark wood. I do NOT like dark wood. I know that seems like such a small reason ... but it is what it is. Just need to suck it up and get the work done. Before I can think about replacing any of it, I need to remodel the bathroom and get a couple of other home maintenance things done. Soooooooooooooo ... *slapping myself Jethro-style* ... I'm going to do this like my decluttering ... I'll work on it in 15 minute chunks using a kitchen timer. I set the timer for 15 minutes, do as much as I can, and stop when the timer goes off. Then do the same each hour or so. Maybe I can at least get a good start today. I think I'll start at 9:45 am. Fingers Crossed!! 🤞
  • eliezalot
    Options
    @cesse47 - Your daily tasks inspire me! I strive to be so organized. I've been putting off unpacking/painting/organizing my office, as well as our guest room. The guest room would be so easy to - I just need to go through a few boxes of clothes, then paint (I even have the paint already). Perhaps I'll try your 15 minute trick. Put a podcast or netflix on in the background, and organize away.

Good luck reorganizing - I'm sure it will go fast once you get started!
  • cesse47
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    @cesse47 - Your daily tasks inspire me! I strive to be so organized. I've been putting off unpacking/painting/organizing my office, as well as our guest room. The guest room would be so easy to - I just need to go through a few boxes of clothes, then paint (I even have the paint already). Perhaps I'll try your 15 minute trick. Put a podcast or netflix on in the background, and organize away.

Good luck reorganizing - I'm sure it will go fast once you get started!

Thanks! I hope it works for you. Typically, I put items on my task list and get them done that day or the next. But, some tasks hang on and on ... because I don't really want to do them and procrastinate about them. Those are the ones I do in 15 minute chunks. I did get started yesterday but only got a bit done. Stripped and remade the bed, pulled together laundry and took it downstairs. So, still on the list for today. < sigh >
    Options
    Plans for today: Since yesterday I was a cramping lump, today I have a kitchen to put back in order and many dishes to wash. I have a load of laundry washing.

Also today I have to go to the grocery store, which starts with generating a list and then shopping the pantry and freezer accordingly before I actually go anywhere.