WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    timibotkin wrote: »
    @jugar if any of the team members throughout f2f have apple watches could we do a f2f sept. Apple Watch challenge? I joined a random one of mfp and it really helped keep me accountable.
    I know we have some fitbit people, but never asked about Apple Watch. I'll check! What do they track - would other devices be compatible?
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    August reflections:
    - Maintained weight (technically down 0.1 pounds from the 1st to the 31st but this a maintain). Still about 13 pounds from goal of 150 pounds and this is the first time I have maintained since I started losing about a year ago. I am feeling very happy with my current size and shape and energy level, etc - so maybe feeling less motivated? I am not quite sure. I was snaking more in the evening but have cut this back to my normal routine night snack. I am still eating a bit more than usual overall (obviously). I plan to lose the last bit very slowly and so will have to tweak things slightly to see what ends up working for me. I am not interested in making major moves to get this last 10-15 pounds off - just small tweaks to try to get slowly towards a "normal" BMI.
    - Bought new scrubs finally. I was looking a bit like a clown in the ones I have had since 65 pounds ago! The new ones are size M and fit nice.
    - Bought "my" jeans (the same brand I have been wearing for many years) in a size 10 last week. The 14's fall off and the 12's are baggy. So I am on to a pair of 10's. I was wearing 16 for many many years (before I got up to 20 with the acute weight gain 2 years ago) - so this is definitely the smallest I have been in a decade or more.
    - Bought two new pairs of shoes in a size smaller than what I have been wearing and they fit much better. I guess I just got used to my shoes being bit like all my clothes.
    - Started taking some yoga classes at a new nearby yoga studio since I have been having a hard time driving the 1 hour round trip since I moved to the old studio. I am getting more used to the new place and still go to the "old" place about once a week. Glad to find something closer (easier to get to).
    - Settled in to the new house much better - though still quite a bit of unpacking and organizing I need to do in the basement and the garage area.

September plans:
    - Continue to attend my yoga classes 2-3 times a week
    - Get out with the dog and walks again now that the cooler weather is starting to set in; fall is my most favorite time to be outside walking / hiking.
    - Continue to keep my food routines and try to cut back here and there when I can to attempt to get the 0.5 pound per week weight loss I hope for. I may need to start counting calories again strictly to make this happen but not going to do that quite yet. Will try another month and monitor.
    - Try to lose 2 pound in September. Would actually like to get to the 150's (which is 2.5 pounds) just for the milestone : )
    - Continue to follow this group and try to post more now that things are settling with my move and selling the prior house and getting all the kids back to school for the fall.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Good evening crew!!
    As you know, your Captain, Cyndie has had to step away for family issues. Pam needs a Co Captain. If you are interested in stepping up and assisting with the leadership of the team, please reach out to Pam or one of the Mods.

I promise, it does not take hours a day... more like minutes.

Please consider assisting Pam and your team!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    @kirsten11872 Nice loss! Enjoy your weekend!
    @ihp2015 I can't believe August is over either! As you said, maintaining is better than gaining!
    @GingerPwr I am with you! Let's have a great September! I do need a starting weight from you.
    @phoebe112476 I love your reflections and goals for September. I still can't wrap my head around all that you have gone through and accomplished in the past year or so. You really are inspiring! I wasn't even thinking about the move and that the yoga studio you like being farther away. I am glad you like the new place.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    ob0hiawx8v92.jpeg
    Saturday's Weigh Ins still due
    @DananaNanas
    @Zumba_Luvah

Sunday's Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @twyla77

Monday's Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @twyla77
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    x818dwere01t.jpeg

Time to go to the September thread! We will be posting there starting tomorrow!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761632/weight-no-more-team-chat-september-2019#latest
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    DananaNanas
    Week 5
    Saturday’s
    Pw: 141
    Cw: 141.2
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 starting weight for September is 145.5

Will my weigh in day be Sunday now?
  • jugar
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    @sleepymom5 starting weight for September is 145.5

Will my weigh in day be Sunday now?

Your weigh in day is currently Wednesday - you can stick with that or change, so just post on the September thread and @sleepymom will let me know if you want to change it. Good luck!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @timibotkin I have an Apple Watch and would do a challenge 😀
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Had so much fun yesterday. I’m pretty tired this morning. Skylynn and I just made whole wheat strawberry pancakes. Molly and I trying to psych ourselves up for a 10 mile bike ride. Happy September!
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa I’m not 100% sure how they work but I tried setting one up

Boom! You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge''!

First, download Challenges: http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'e3d0' .

If you can check and see if that works I can send it out too all the teams and see if anyone wants to participate.
  • timibotkin
    Options
    @pacsnc6 I’m not 100% sure at how to set one up but I tried...

Boom! You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge''!

First, download Challenges: http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: e3dp

If you can check and see if that works I can send it out to all the teams to see if anyone wants to join.
  • timibotkin
    Options
    @lennoncpa that code is actually e3dp ... my fingers have a hard time texting!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 4
    Pw- 196.4
    Cw- 197.6
  • jugar
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 4
    Pw- 196.4
    Cw- 197.6

Sorry this did not make it into the tallies, but I'll correct your weight for going into September! Try to weigh in Saturdays so I don't miss you when putting together the week's numbers. I do it early in the morning on Sundays. Thanks!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    GO TO SEPTEMBER NOW! this chat will soon be closed :)
This discussion has been closed.