WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME TO WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the SEPTEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the SEPTEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @shockvalue07
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @lindamtuck2018

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @teresaw1020
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - @beka3695

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for SEPTEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy Fall!!!

Let’s see now, I work full time at a super fun job (supply chain for a food company and I get to spend a lot of money every month to make food products...some may even be in your local store!) Married, with a cat baby (Lucy). I am also grandma to 6, plus one on the way!

I like hiking, yoga, biking and walking!

Goals for September:
    C25K - 2 - 3 times a week (still trying to work though it!)
    Other days - yoga, 10,000 steps, biking
    Eating 2 to 2 - still figuring out when I actually start to feel full (I have a bottomless pit)

This month is all about mind-work. It's about being curious as to why I always feel hungry when obviously I am not and finding a way to just sit through it until it goes away. So, lots of journalling and just trying to understand what is the trigger. It mainly happens at work..that's my first clue :)

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Pam. I am the team captain for the moment. Hopefully I will have a co captain soon. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. During the summer I am mostly at the Jersey Shore. I have been married 28 years and have 5 children 27-19. I am a nurse but sorta retired at the moment. I also am in PT for gluteus minimus and medius tears.

My story in a nutshell...I was never overweight, although I always thought I was fat growing up. I gained A TON of weight with my pregnancies and ended up at 221 lbs. Unfortunately that ended up being my heaviest even when I wasn't pregnant . At the end June of 2012 I decided I either had to get serious and lose weight or accept that I am obese and live my life. I got a fitbit and joined MFP on July 1, 2012. Since then, I have gained and lost 30 or more pounds a few times. I have never gotten back to that starting weight but have gotten close. Although I haven't been as successful with my weight loss as I would like, I have learned a lot. I eat so much healthier than I used to. I also am in good physical shape, I love to hike, walk, kayak and bike. Actually anything outdoors I usually enjoy. I do have a home gym in PA which has a bike, treadmill, elliptical, weights and a few other things.This winter I discovered the Leslie Sansone tapes which I also enjoy. I want to enjoy exercising and not have it be a chore. I am always looking for fun, new workouts.
    As far as eating, that is where I struggle. I do eat healthy for the most part but I am now figuring out that I am eating too much. I am working on not eating unless I am hungry and to stop eating when I am satisfied. I listen to the Phit and Phat podcasts daily. The things they talk about really have hit home with me. Especially making small, doable changes. I have done so many restrictive diets and crazy exercise regimes and lost weight only to gain it all back when I just couldn't keep it up anymore. This time I am not making any changes that I am not willing to continue my whole life. It is really a lifestyle change. I totally get that now. The weight is coming off slower than I would like but it is coming off and that is what is important.
    This team is more than just weighing in weekly. Checking in daily really helps keep me focused. I also learn a lot from everyone and also get support when I really need it. I was in a terrible slump most of 2018 and this team pulled me out and put me on a good path. The information that changed my thinking was from reading everyone else's successes and struggles. If I wasn't on this team, I wouldn't be where I am now. The summer wasn't the best for me and my weight creeped up a bit. I am planning to turn things around in September!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    riahh6t8qafn.jpeg

So now on to Team business: Stolen from @cyndiesstuff :(

I ask that you please check in daily or more if you please. But minimally daily. Many of us here check in with the following format.

Check in for: Thursday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: 10000 and 30 minutes of yoga

You can check in daily however you want really, just as long as your check in. most check in for the day before. kind of like a report. so today is sunday, my daily check in will be for what i accomplished yesterday.

So come on in and introduce yourselves. Tell us a little about yourselves and what your goals are. Lets get healthy together, "One day at a Time" Oh yea, and feel free to visit last months thread and read thru it if you'd like, it will give you a little feel of who we are. And please star this in your favorites so it is easy to get too.

Now, our way to weigh in on weigh in day:

User ID: Cyndiesstuff
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 154
    Current weight: 154.5

Please be sure to weigh in promptly. But if you can't and something comes up, just don't ignore it. Come here and explain and we will get you excused from the weigh in.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I still have to work on my September goals....I will post when I get them out of the jumble in my head and down on paper...
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Good evening crew!!
    As you know, your Captain, Cyndie has had to step away for family issues. Pam needs a Co Captain. If you are interested in stepping up and assisting with the leadership of the team, please reach out to Pam or one of the Mods.

I promise, it does not take hours a day... more like minutes.

Please consider assisting Pam and your team!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 4 OF AUGUST IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT
    r50qpmwe1xwi.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 11.9 POUNDS OR 0.05%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.69%
    INDIVIDUAL % Tualla 3.61%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 21.4
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Tualla 8.2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.69%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.08%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles -0.01%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 21.4
    2nd Workout Warriors 3.2
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles -0.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Tualla 3.61%
    2nd @apple852hk 1.76%
    3rd @Wilsonkellies 1.71%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @Tualla 8.2
    2nd @Pamela_Sue 6.0
    3rd @amytriesww 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @amytriesww
    @Barbb1557
    @schlerin
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @guitargirl55
    @mrmcgrath
    @Beka3695
    @CaydensMommy
    @Lindamtuck2018
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I'm Tracy, 47, I live in New Hampshire. Married for a long long time and have 2 boys with 2 granddaughters on the way. I gain and lose the same 5 pounds always. July I started doing well and then I went away the first 2 weeks of August and have been so busy since I have gotten back so the few pounds I lost came back. Next week we are having our family baby shower so this weekend I have been out shopping and today I will be cleaning the house top to bottom so next week's cleaning mission will be a little easier.

My Sept goals
    Lose 5 pounds
    Exercise 5 days
    Log and weigh food 5 days (would love 7)
    I signed up on FB for a Leslie Sansone video challenge so hope it helps.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE MONTH OF AUGUST IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

bnwy2qbp1fvs.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 87.8 POUNDS OR 0.38%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 2.16%
    INDIVIDUAL % @amytriesww 5.49%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 68.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @amytriesww 14.3

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 2.16%
    2nd Weight No More 0.58%
    3rd WaistAways 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 68.3
    2nd Weight No More 24.3
    3rd WaistAways 8.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @amytriesww 5.49%
    2nd @Barbb1557 5.46%
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 5.25%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @amytriesww 14.3
    2nd @Barbb1557 13.6
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 13.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @buniphuphu
    @Arc130
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Beka3695
    @Timibotkin
    @brysonlights
    @Patti705
    @mrmcgrath
    @Cory 17
    @LonniJay
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Workout 🏋️‍♀️ Warriors
    Daily POST challenge
    💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
    COURTESY OF OUR TEAM MOTIVATOR
    @Fitness327wk
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team. My name is Sheryl. I am single with two grown sons who bring me so much joy. I live in a small town in Michigan, I’m a clogger (dancer) and a line dancer and I’m very committed to my exercise and fitness. I struggle with food addictions and actually gave up sweets last November because I found that I couldn’t eat it in moderation.

I seem to go up and down with the same 5 pounds but I did finish out the month of August with a weight loss and I really want to stay on that track.

I had both of my hips replaced in 2016 so I feel like I’ve been given a second chance to take care of my body! I listen to my doctor and keep my exercise low impact but I still do push myself to do my best.

I find great support from this group and I’ve been a member longer than I can even remember! Thank you all for being here 😀
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you all have been doing well. My vacation is over and it's back to work for me on Tuesday and back to school for the kids on Tuesday as well. I will do my normal weigh in tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy your day!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Seems like when I log in from the website and not the app. I can post pictures. Well, there's the sunset. 😍
  • sleepymom5
    edited September 2019
    Options
    No time to check in again today. I will catch up tonight or tomorrow. I had such an awesome boat ride yesterday. Our neighbors are so nice and ask whenever they are going out. Today we were invited to get to know your neighbors party. It is at one of the beautiful houses I pass by on my kayak. I never see anyone out there. It must be over a 3 million dollar house. We are just as excited to see the house as we are to meet the neighbors. I am bringing a veggie tray. It is an open house from 5-7.

I am loving reading the intros and everyone's goals. Once things settle down here and everyone leaves I will write mine too.

@Mrsbell8well Enjoy! It is so beautiful out today! Perfect day for a bike ride!
    @timibotkin Thanks for giving everyone the information on the apple watch challenge. I have a fitbit but have been going back and forth with getting an apple watch. It would be fun to do challenges together. We do them on fitbit sometimes.
    @zumba_luvah Hope all is going well. Remember we are here for you if you need us.
    @ljdanny The shower is next week?! Wow! That cutie will be here before you know it! This wanna be grandmother is so excited for you! You do need to get back into that mind frame you were in before vacation. You were kicking *kitten*! I saw you were at zumba so you're off to a good start for the week.
    @Gingerpwr I am so happy you are back!! Love your September goals! Let's make September the best month yet!!
    @lennoncpa You already know how much I love all of your activities and exercise. You really make fitness fun instead of a chore!
    @gottagetthisdown Hope you enjoyed your vacation! What a nice way to end the summer. Back to reality on Tuesday!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Whoo hoo! Nice loss girl! Try to check in more. I really think it does help. I need to get out of the 200s too. That sunset is beautiful! I hope you had fun! I have no answers with the website. I don't understand how to post pics half the time Lol!
    @amytriesww Awesome loss my friend! Guess you are jumping into the fire right away with school! Lol! No easing in. Good luck finishing up and with the yard work!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @timibotkin I signed in to the challenge. I don't get too much exercise (that counts) in other than water aerobics once or twice a week. And my watch is not water proof. Is there a way to add this exercise?
    I will see how it goes for a week or so and let you know.
This discussion has been closed.