Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 Great job today my friend! :)
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We're on the road this week and I don't have access to a scale so to be safe, and considering the amount of sodium I've had, I'll guess at my weight.

Username GingerPwr
    PW 145.5
    CW 146

Trying not to snack and to eat salads as much as possible. Very little chance for exercise.

BUT our oldest son is graduating from Army Basic Training tomorrow! Today is family day! I'm so thrilled!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for: Tuesday
    Logged food: Yes and under
    Water: 80 ozs
    Steps or exercise: 9,103 steps, 30 min bike ride, 15 min stationary bike and PT

I was having trouble getting on my home page (or whatever it is called) this am. I hope no one is having trouble getting to us too. I had a good day yesterday. I ate on plan but snacked in the afternoon when I shouldn't have. I did stop though AND I was going to have an ice cream at night and was at the freezer and stopped myself. I was thinking that if I keep giving in to my urges, this weight will never come off. I had the calories left to have it but I wasn't hungry, I just wanted it. I need to say no to myself more. I fall into that I had a hard day or I deserve it mentality a little too often. I am working to put a stop to it.

Daisy is at the groomer and I want to get some cleaning done before I leave today. I think I need to get MK at 12:30 but she isn't the best with communication. Grrr.... I plan to ride my bike when I get back down to the shore. I was hoping to swim while I was home but I just don't have time to get involved with my hair if I did go in. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

@GingerPwr I am sure you are so excited to spend time with your son! I am sure your little guy is too. I remember that picture of the both of them when your older son left for basic training. So what happens now? Will he be stationed somewhere or is he going into the reserves? Enjoy family day and having everyone together! xoxo

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! I have been lurking on all the chats (moderators' secret vice...) and found so much to love in the last batch of posts that I have to join in. Lots of inspiring stuff here.

@GingerPwr - my daughter is in the Canadian Army, and I remember how wonderful those family moments are. In her later training (as supply tech and quartermaster) she won awards, and I had to get up to shake the course commandant's hand - it was really moving. I'll hope your son gets lots of sleep for the next couple of weeks! Basic is gruelling. Proud Army mamas!

@phoebe112476 - you are in a place now quite familiar to me. AND you have the same name as my daughter, so you are doubly wonderful <3 Maintenance and those last few pounds are a very different place than the main weight loss phase. It is SLOW. Your body needs to adjust to a new level each time before it gets lower - at least that is what I have found. I hit my initial goal of 120 quite a long time ago, and was happy there. But then I decided to aim for something closer to "ideal" for me. I'm really small, so even 100 pounds would be in a healthy range! I'm hovering around 115 now, but that has taken around 3 months of ups and downs. The hunger gets really intense - I think we need to give our bodies plenty of time to adapt to each small change. Keep up good strength so you are not losing muscle and to have excellent functional fitness. Tracking can become a pain in the neck when you cook a lot or eat like the excellent lunch you described, but all the ingredients are there in the database. I do a lot of entering one ingredient at a time and almost NO worrying about the perfection of my estimated calorie intake! You know when things get out of control. Sometimes I take a total break from tracking but control my ingredients - no flour of any kind, or other choices that make it really hard to dive onto the trigger foods. I eat large volume, low calorie (veggies, veggies, veggies - I think I'm turning into one) and make sure my macros are more or less on target. But all this blathering is just to tell you that you are doing brilliantly, and will make it through this weird patch! Don't be in a hurry, and you'll just keep getting healthier and healthier. Hugs to you!

We're having sympathy thunderstorms, wind, and rain up here in Québec for you folks down there in the hurricane. Batten down the hatches and keep well, everyone!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food: IF on track
    Water goodish
    Exercise: 25 min running intervals, 45 minutes walk
    Steps 16,185

I restarted C25K. I've done it in 2013, run a few 5 and 10k races, but stopped running after surgery in 2015
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    145.6 today and going down. I’m remembering some of my old tricks. Smaller portions, fresh fruits for breakfast, hazelnut tea with raw honey and a splash of soy or oat milk for dessert. Don’t allow myself to get too hungry. Im getting back in the groove
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Tuesday
    Food - logged & on target
    Water - 1.5 l
    Exercise - 35 minute walk

Just came back from an intense physio session where she really targeted my sciatic nerve & glutes with acupuncture. I always feel much better after but a little drained, which is not good as my trainer is coming today too! The school buses are a big mess with not enough drivers, so I will have to be driving my younger boy all week & maybe next week too. Omg, not great given our busy schedules, but I have to suck it up!

@GingerPwr - Oh that photo of your boys is just so lovely!!! You must be so proud!! Hope that the training goes well for your son!

@phoebe112476 - It sounds like you are doing great & sorry that you are working those long days. I am about to start a plan that focuses more on macros & less on CICO. I always found CICO worked, but the plateaus are tough. I am a bit nervous about changing things up. Will let you know more details when I have them.

@Mrsbell8well - I knew that you would find a way to get that number down! Congrats! Skylynn is adorable & those cookies look amazing!

@hope002 - I think C25K is great and keep us posted on your progress! I will live vicariously through you as I am not allowed to run for a few more weeks!

@sleepymom5 - Great job not having the ice cream! It is the little stuff that builds us up to better habits/choices. Looks like you had a great day yesterday!

@lennoncpa - Your post really resonated with me. I think it is huge that you have not made any recent gas station trips! We all need accountability and support. If you have a midnight craving, try to post here instead! Oh peach festivals, I love peaches. Congrats on not getting the pie!

@amytriesww - Congrats on a great day yesterday! Amazing number of steps!

@pacsnc6 - Great job!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557

Week 1 Weigh in
    Wednesday
    PW 235.6
    CW 237.0
    Gained 1.4 pounds

Checking in
    I knew my losses were going to rebound at some point. My goal for September is to lose 4 pounds and eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day. My meds changed today and I am hoping the result is not increased ravenous appetite!
    The weather cools down in PA tomorrow and I hope to get out and walk more. I tried a new machine at the gym yesterday and I could feel it impacting my hips and butt within 30 seconds. I want to add another September goal. Fall in Love with this new machine, in the past I set a goal for the elliptical and it paid off. my favorite compliment was 'Barb, I did not recognize you from behind.'
    My friend said something similar to that on my way in to the concert last Friday night. I am smaller, but have a long way to go.
    MrsBell8well, wonderful pictures! All of you inspire me, thanks for sharing your feelings, successes, and challenges
    Have a great day everyone!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Been out of town for a few days so just getting around to being able to post. I'm Nancy, 50, and live in Montana with my 2 dogs and sometimes even my husband. LOL What I mean is my husband works on long term construction projects that take him away from home for extended periods of time. I spend much of my time home alone doing chores that come with living on 45 acres or traveling to wherever he might be working. He's been working in Pennsylvania since April and I just got back from spending the long Labor Day weekend with him. Sometimes I travel with him for extended periods of time and other times I just fly in and fly out. I've been a member of this team for 2 years and have lost a little over 50 pounds. Coming here everyday not only helps keep me accountable but I also learn so much from everyone on this team. I might be one of Team Weight No More's motivators but its everyone's posts sharing your struggles, successes and light-bulb moments among other things that provide the real motivation and inspiration.

My weight gain began slowly with the pounds creeping on due to a desk job and long commute but didn't get really out of hand until my mother passed away around the time we relocated to Montana. My support tribe of family and friends were all back in California and my husband was working in West Virginia at the time. Grief, loneliness and depression set in and I topped out at 220.5 around Jan 2017 before the light went on in my head that I needed to live my life differently. My weight loss journey has been painstakingly slow but the weight that I have lost has stayed off. I have lost weight in the past by dieting only to gain it all and more back. This time I changed my lifestyle and have only incorporated changes I am willing to live with for the rest of my life. 164 is the edge of a healthy BMI for my 5'8" height so my goal is to get to around 158 - 160 which will give me a little wiggle room for bad behavior LOL

I use a Fitbit to track my steps and my favorite activity is hiking with my two dogs. I recently began taking yoga classes again following a long absence. During the winter when I can't get out as much, I like JessicaSmithTV strength training videos and Leslie Sansone walking videos.

Going to catch up on your posts and will write more later. I will also put together my September goals. I was very bad the past few days so I got alotta work to do in September friends!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options

@hope002 Goodish with the water cracked me up! Lol! You are doing amazing! A few of you are doing or have completed the C25K, if I didn't have this hip thing, I would give it another try.
    @GingerPwr What handsome sons you have! For someone his age to sign up for the military shows what an awesome man you raised. You must be proud! I am sure you are in heaven being with him! Enjoy!!
    @Mrsbell8well Nice job! I am not surprised you are back in the groove! You are never off track very long!
    @Cafelelia PT and the trainer in one day?! I bet you're pooped! I have a feeling you are going to be back to running in no time. You certainly are working hard to get your strength back. That stinks about the buses. Hopefully it is just for a couple of weeks.
    @Barbb1557 You have been losing pretty consistently before today. Just try to see what has changed. You may have to change something to start losing again. Remember, small changes add up. I love your new goal to fall in love with that new machine. That is awesome! I never fell in love with the elliptical. Lol! It is a struggle for me to go 15 min on that thing! I also love that you and others are noticing changes. Your hard work is paying off!!
    @nstephenson01 I am glad you are back home safely. You and I both need a good September! I am not happy with how the summer went for me. I am looking forward to seeing your goals!
    @timibotkin You have been through so much and I am sorry things aren't going smoothly for you. I don't blame you at all for being grouchy! Lack of sleep doesn't help. Even with everything going on with you, at least you are getting the care you need and any problems are addressed quickly. I hope things go a little smoother from here on in. Hang in there and hugs to you my friend. How are your cute little dogs doing. I remember you posting something about hiking with the little monsters and then you had a pic of those cuties! Lol! That cracked me up.
    @lennoncpa It still amazes me about how much of weight loss is mental! Since you shared your late night trips to the gas station and over eating at the chinese restaurant, I will share that I have to make some things I throw out gross. For example, if I am throwing out cake, I have to mix soap or coffee grinds into it so I don't change my mind later and get it out. I have some crazy things in my head too ;)
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, half a poppy seed bagel with cream cheese

Lunch: 6 wings and a small side salad

Supper: 2 salads from the "endless garden buffet" at Ruby Tuesday

I really really really want to dive into the bag of popcorn snacks but instead I'm crocheting to keep the boredom eating at bay.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Logged food: Yes and on target
    Water: 64 ozs
    Steps or exercise: 7,007 steps and 30 min bike ride

Another good day yesterday! I have to run, I have PT this morning. I have some stuff to do around here and then back to Pa. I will be there to Sunday. I am getting my hair done tomorrow and we have a 60th birthday party Saturday night. Then I will be back for over a week. Have a great day everyone!

@GingerPwr Nice day yesterday! Awesome job crocheting instead of eating too. What are you making? Hope you have another good day today!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    oops totally forgot to check in yesterday! I've been super busy with work, putting an offer in on the house (that got accepted!!), set up house inspection for early next week and now working to get our house on the market. Exhausting! Taking Friday and Monday off to work work work and my designer daughter will be coming on Monday to help stage the house. It goes on the market Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Oh and dumpster arriving this morning! Whew!! Now back to work to make sure I get everything covered before another long weekend :)

Have a great on plan day guys!!
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Quick check in just in case we lose power anytime for the next couple days! We're currently under a tropical storm watch and a tornado watch. Don't worry-we'll be fine! But the power grid in here is not that good. I lived in Texas for 6 years and our power never went out- even through many tornadoes. Here in my area of NC, it just has to rain hard and we have connectivity problems! lol

Food is going great this week, completely on track. I meal prep 2 dishes every week. This week I prepped Thai Turkey and Carrot Noodles and Chicken with Mexicauli "rice". First time making both and they are definitely keepers!

Going to head upstairs to my office and try to get done as much school work as possible! I hope everyone has a great day! Let's finish the week strong!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    September Goals-
    This morning I was down another pound. 144.6. My goal is to weigh 141 by September 30th. I will post my weight on Wednesdays. Goals 11th-143.6, 18th-142.6, 25th 141.6 and the 30th-141.
    How I plan to do it...
    Monitor my meals and snacks. Keep it clean. I looked at the PB cookies this morning and thought, no, pack some PB instead to go with my apple snack. Then I decided no...have 8 almonds instead of PB. Drink lots of herbal tea when I need something more or my Hazelnut tea with honey and a splash of Almond milk if I need a more substantial "dessert". I have both the OF celebrating their birthdays this month and I am baking cakes for both. And my best friend and his new girl friend are coming on the 14th. Kids are all coming for last pool party this Saturday. I remember what it was like this last year enjoying all these celebrations but abstaining from some of the foods and beverages. To lose the weight I have to be very mindful of what I eat, how much and how often. These last 4 days I have been back on track. I am very aware of not eating what I want when I want. I am aware that ice cream, beer, wine, bbq potato chips (I eat once every 10 years and this weekend was one of those times), high sodium foods, baked sugar goods...all of these are the old me. They do nothing for my health, weight and well being. Can I still have them? yes I think so but with great intention and on certain days not every day. I plan to have lots of large servings of vegetables and plenty of fresh fruit to help me reach my September goals.
    I was getting a little nervous yesterday as I started feeling restricted. I made a cup of tea and started a new jigsaw puzzle. It's very familiar to be back in control.
    I also noticed that I have been buying more salt, butter and oil than I have in a long time. I am cutting way back on all 3.
    I can do this. I want it enough to honor my body and commit to this team my intentions for success.
    Good luck everyone and have a fabulous September as we transition into Fall!
This discussion has been closed.