Username: Moarrein
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 119.5
    Today's weight: 121.0
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Lilly and I should be maintaining my weight, but I seem to fail at it. I was sick last month and completely fell of the wagon. I'm slowly recovering, and getting back on track. At last I'm feeling like myself again, but I'm still far away from my previous exercise level.
    I have a new smart scale and it seems to like me. It says everything in my body is normal except my protein levels. Does anyone know what that means?
    Had 2 days without sugar, but the big struggle will be this weekend. We're visiting the in laws again, and they have lots of unhealthy food and sweets. Wish me luck ;)

Check in for Thursday:
    Food: logged and a little over
    Water: should be enough
    Exercise: about 2 h walk
    Steps: 14000
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 147
    CW: 147
    Apparently I now know how much food and exercise I need to maintain! Actually it’s a good thing to know, now I just need to get back to losing 😂
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    A quick hi - busy days ahead but I am with you in spirit, reading your posts but no time to comment, live will be more settled after this next four days of purging and cleaning!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday weigh in
    Week 1
    pw: 164.4
    cw: 164
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5
    Friday weigh in
    Week 1
    pw: 203
    cw: 203.6
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for Thursday:
    Food: logged and probably over
    Water: way over 64, lost count
    Exercise: 30 min walk, 15 min stationary bike and PT
    Steps: 8,716

Another good day yesterday AND I went to happy hour with my sister in law! We get together on Thursdays. I stopped by on my way home to try on dresses for my future daughter in laws Bridal Shower next weekend. I bought 3 and all fit. I actually was shopping for the shower but one was way dressier than it looked in the picture so I am going to wear that for the rehearsal dinner. Now I have to shop for the wedding. I have been putting it off for obvious reasons...
    Anyway, back to happy hour, I couldn't really drink as I was driving back to Philly so I had 1 prosecco and a ton of water. We split a flat bread, I ordered a salad and I had 3 chicken wings. I felt satisfied and not full, I didn't take any more after I felt I was done. I was happy how things went. Time to get moving! Hope everyone has a great day!

@hope002 Thank you! I just downloaded it Lol! I like they have the Circadian Rhythm fast as I am just starting out. Hmm..starting out? I just am trying it Lol! What is that called a freudian slip ;)
    @Moarrein Not that I would know :/ but I hear that maintenance is tough. You are not failing, you are learning. You are also getting over a long illness, you were sick a long time. I don't know how much you can learn from being sick but if you can figure out why you gained during that time, that would be a plus. I know when I am sick I eat a lot of carbs and sometimes I feel sorry for myself and eat sweets too. If you are feeling better, get back to those habits that got you to your goal weight. You won't be able to abandon them all when you are maintaining so you will need to find balance. You got this my friend! Good luck at the in laws! You know by now sweets are my downfall.
    @carlsoda Nothing wrong with maintaining, especially with so much going on. It is better than gaining. Remember to keep making healthy choices and if you have to get something quick, eat till satisfied. You can do it all and stay true to your health commitments I am so excited for you! Good luck with everything! We will be here for you when you are back.
    @pacsnc6 Nice job! The scale is moving in the right direction!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 163.9
    CW - 160.9

My older son has a hockey tournament so I have to rush off to get him there (having just returned from driving my younger one to school). Will post more this afternoon when I have the time!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    1bkqcl1azgij.jpeg

The weekend is upon us Ladies. Let's not let a couple of days ruin the progress we have made this week.

One thing I like to do is PLAN. If I don't plan, I am more likely to go off the rails.

What are everyone's weekend plans? Do you have a plan? What can you add to the photo above that would help make this a weekend you will be proud of Monday?

For me-I would add make a plan to the photo. My plan this weekend is easy-I am going to prelog all my food, I am going to workout on the stationary bike or elliptical in my basement for exercise(I am getting my hair done today so no pool Lol! ), I plan to get my mini daily goals in-64 oz water, 6K steps, PT exercises, and 1/2 hour exercise. Saturday -I don't have too much going on. I plan to clean and start getting organized for my arrival back at the end of the month. I am getting nails done and we have a 60th BD party in the evening. I am not worried about that, I preordered so I know what to expect. I am not going to go hungry and I plan to only have a few appetizers if any. It is also not a crowd that I would be drinking with. Sunday-hoping to head right back to the shore! I would like to go early enough to be able to go for a bike ride and maybe kayak. The water was too rough when I left so we will see when I get back.

Let's have an awesome weekend and have no regrets on Monday!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @Cafelelia Nice loss! What a great start to the month!! Good luck with your chauffeuring around.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Thursday
    Food: Logged, over
    Water: Great
    Exercise & Steps: none; 6,398 steps

Continuing to fight this silly cold. Extra hungry yesterday but ate what I planned and at least made healthy decisions re extracurricular snacking. Steps pretty good again considering how I feel and I got at least 250 steps all 8 hours. Tinkering a bit with IF as I don't have much appetite in the mornings at the moment. Been curious about it from other's experiences. I don't know if its for me long term but I'm down 2.8 pounds since getting back home.

The Beck Diet Solution book and Cyndie talk about credit worthy acts. Its so easy to beat ourselves up for our little failures and not take time to celebrate our small successes. Here's my credit worthy act from last night... I was craving something sweet and my throat was scratchy. Rather than diving into a pint of ice cream, I made "nice" cream for the first time. Somebody here, maybe Cyndie, mentioned nice cream some time back so I looked into it and had all the ingredients for mint chip nice cream. I didn't take to the time to put it back in the freezer to firm up but nevertheless it satisfied my craving and was virtually guilt free!

@phoebe112476 WTG with navigating all those obstacles! It shouldn't be that challenging to eat healthy LOL. I wouldn't have trusted myself with the biscuit either. I get lightheaded and shaky when I get overly hungry also so I try to remember to carry some healthy snacks with me if I'm not going to be able to eat for a long period of time but sometimes best laid plans fail.

@Mrsbell8well I signed up for Natalie Bacon's weekly e-mails and just read yesterday's. Interesting food for thought. I had never heard of her before... thanks for mentioning her.

@sleepymom5 Nice job last night navigating happy hour!

@Cafelelia Whoo hoo terrific loss!!

Hope everyone in the path of Dorian is safe.

• sleepymom5
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Cyndie was great with pulling us out of the negative self talk. It is so important how we talk to each other. I remember that nice cream but forgot what it actually is. Can you post a link to it or tell us where to look for the recipe?
  • nstephenson01
    Options
    Finally getting around to posting my September goals:

Lose 6 pounds

Plan, Plan, Plan and stick to plan

2 -3 vegetarian dinners/week. I like to cook and enjoy trying new recipes, ingredients and/or techniques so this journey has been fun.

Here's the biggie... mindfulness. It is imperative that I learn to differentiate actual hunger vs. urge to eat; eat from -2 to +2 and determine the difference between satisfied and full. I'll never truly get to and remain a thin person until I conquer my overeating.

And lastly, my old favorite... improve sleep quality
  • nstephenson01
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @nstephenson01 Cyndie was great with pulling us out of the negative self talk. It is so important how we talk to each other. I remember that nice cream but forgot what it actually is. Can you post a link to it or tell us where to look for the recipe?

I found some recipes on Pinterest and modified them to my taste. Its basically frozen bananas and some type of milk. I don't have a fancy Vitamix blender but my old Nutribullet worked fine. The first attempt was too banana-y so I just added a few more of the other ingredients and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not vegan so I used regular milk but its very flexible.

Here's a good intro... https://fitfoodiefinds.com/banana-soft-serve-recipes/
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 210.1
    CW 211.4

Steps 64,362
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food IF on track
    Water good
    Exercise C25K, 45 minutes walk and 20 minutes biking
    Steps 17,007

My weight is up this week I guess due to sore muscles - water retention. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense... 😒😒
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 138.6
    Today's weight: 138.6
    Weekly Steps: 66,647
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. I managed to maintain my weight through the holiday and this week but I’ve gotten into a bad habit of not spreading my food throughout the day. I know that’s not healthy but I also know how I am and that I like to eat more later in the day. It’s a daily battle!
This discussion has been closed.