• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 1
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:205.2
    Current weight: 205.4

I will be out of town next Monday on vacation. We come home on Tuesday and I will post my weight on Wednesday morning.
    I have noted that you're OK to weigh-in next Wednesday so Captains @cafelelia and @sleepymom5 don't need to worry about that. Have a fun vacation, Debbie!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Today I walked 4 miles with Leslie Sansone. Did some meal prepping and then called it a day. I was exhausted from running around all weekend. Still have a few things to pick up this week for the baby shower. What a lot of work this is turning out to be. But it will be all over Sunday and then we wait for baby. And then I do it all over again in a few months.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Is anyone in the path of this Hurricane? Hopefully none of you are but if it effects you please stay safe.

Good day today. Tomorrow I have PT at 9 and then will be going back to PA at some point. I cleaned today but didn't finish my wash so I am not packed. I am hoping to be on here early but if I am not, I will check in later.

@jedaschultz I like the goals you have. Do you have a plan to see them through? I know you have heard us talk about those phit and phat podcasts. She does curse a lot but she actually has a lot of good points and addresses overeating. I am working on that myself. It can be difficult after years of bad habits. Why don't you try to eat until you're satisfied, not full. You'll be surprised how little you actually eat. Also the same with snacks, if you are hungry have one, if you aren't wait until your next meal. Seems so simple but it's not so simple to execute. Like I said, I am working on that myself. We will figure it out my friend!
    @Barbb1557 Great choices even with all the tempting foods on the menu! You should be proud. Also think how your breakfast went. I am sure you still had a nice time with your friends, even with not getting what you really wanted for breakfast. Nice job!
    @Cafelelia Looks like you are starting September off right! Nice day! My hip seemed to be improved and then I pushed it by walking too much this weekend. Now I feel like I went backwards. I did rest the past two days and am going to PT in the am so hopefully that will make a difference.
    @pacsnc6 Love your September goals! They are all obtainable. You can do it!
    @amytriesww Looks like an awesome start to September. Yard work is an incredible workout! I call it a win/win-burning calories AND getting things accomplished! Are you in along the coast in N. Carolina? I hope you are not in the path of the storm.
    @ljdanny 4 miles?! That is awesome! I never did over 3 with Leslie Sansone! I know showers are a lot of work and then stressful keeping things going that day. The next shower may be easier after you have this one. It is going to be fun to buy little girl baby clothes after having boys!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    5leb9s2t56bn.jpeg
    Monday's Weigh In still due
    @amsandos
    Tuesday's Weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @Barbb1557
    @GingerPwr
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    my belated reading for Monday

Username: amsandos
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 143
    Today's weight: 144

I had an awesome time in Paris I will post some pictures in a bit. I have gained and I am really tired so I need to get my act back together and sort myself out. Sending my love to @cyndiesstuff I hope she is ok.

• sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for: Monday
    Logged food: no but ate till satisfied
    Water: 64 ozs
    Steps or exercise: 7132 steps . 2-20 min walks with Daisy and a lot of cleaning!

Good day yesterday. Got what I wanted done around the house. Didn't log, Idk why. I have to get back into the habit. I have to run so I will check in again later.

@amsandos I can't wait to hear all about Paris! Glad to hear you had fun. One pound after a trip isn't bad at all. I bet you will get that off quickly!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @amsandos - I am so glad you had an awesome time. I have always wanted to go to Paris and looking forward to your pictures!!

@sleepymom5 - do you think PT is starting to help? (I sure hope so!)

Well...back to work today after having 4 days off. Luckily no emergencies last Friday, so all is good here!! Weekend was full of work and hiking and cleaning - overall a great weekend!

Monday check in:

Food - good
    Water - better but not quite enough
    Exercise - not much steps but up and downstairs all day while cleaning out the basement.

Hope everyone has an amazing Tuesday!!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 1
    PW: 163.5
    CW: 163.9
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @carlsoda Four days off must have been nice and now you have a short week this week too! Glad you had a good weekend! Cleaning and running up and down the stairs is a good workout! I think PT is helping but I still can't walk long distances or as fast as I used to. My therapist seems to think once the muscles are strengthened, I will be able to get back to where I was. I also have trouble going from sitting for any length of time to standing without being stiff and limping. He made a few suggestions of sitting with my hip above my knees but didn't seem to optimistic about that going away.
    @phoebe112476 How's everything going? I know you don't want to lose too quickly. I hope you are happy with your progress. Hope all is going well. I am sure you are busy with back to school
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food - logged & under
    Water - 1.5 l
    Exercise - 75 minute walk & session with trainer

First day of school here & it was chaotic as my son’s bus was a no show. So it was a mad scramble to drive him to school & a huge crowd at the school as all buses were delayed. Anyway, both kids made it just fine & our school year routine has started.

I hope that anyone is the path of hurricane Dorian is safe. Our uncle has a place on Abaco Island in the Bahamas, but he here is here in Canada. His house is probably destroyed, but he does know much yet. We also have an aunt in Augustine, Fla, & they have evacuated.

@amsandos - Very impressive that you gained only 1 lb with a trip to Paris! Would love to see your photos.
    @phoebe112476 - I cannot remember where you were with your weight back in June, but I think you are down! Congrats!
    @sleepymom5 - I know all about that feeling of going backwards! The PT should help and I hope you feel better.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Checking in
    Yesterday I was below calories, and was able to pick up a few things at the store without buying my pretzels.
    I worked out with my trainer today and it was a real struggle. We talked about my heat exhaustion over the weekend and he suggested I buy some smart water or something with electrolytes I am not a fan of fruity drinks like gatorade. I am feeling frustrated because I have worked hard to build up my strength and endurance with him and today I feel like I worked out every ounce of energy and there is nothing left. I am nervous about my weigh in tomorrow, it may be the first week I gained. Perspective, I lost a lot of weight last month and knew this would happen at some point. Patience is a virtue I need to work on.
    Stay safe everyone impacted by the storm.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Weekend pics.
    k2chr2pp79tw.jpeg
    Skylynn baking peanut butter criss cross cookies.
    veo11lq8vjb0.jpeg
    Molly roasting hatch New Mexico chilies for chili verde.
    pdgcvp0k5dvd.jpeg
    Me and my donut at the end of a long weekend
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Tuesday team. I hope you all had a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. I know some of you are from other countries and not sure if you have a similar holiday.

Anyways, the weekend for the most part was really good for me. I ate more than normal but maintained my weight until this morning and I believe what did it was Chinese Food last night! Some of you that know me -- know there are certain foods I can't eat in moderation! Well, Chinese food is one of those and I know there are healthy options I could have eaten when I got there - but I chose the unhealthy option and ate too much. I think part of my problem is that I should not allow myself to get too hungry!! I don't make good choices when I am too hungry! When my younger son lived with me he LOVED when I went shopping hungry because I came home with so much food and so many unusual options!! The same is true for me entering a restaurant when I am too hungry!

I also believe that I play mind games with myself like this - each day of the weekend I was eating a little bit more than normal - but I was maintaining my weight. So then I tell myself "well you can probably eat a LOT more and still maintain your weight"!! Its very strange the unusual conversations I have with myself!! On the positive side - I still have not had any sweets since November. The town I live in celebrated a Peach Festival this last weekend and I live right in the middle of it. I usually at some point buy a peach pie - but this year I stuck with fresh peaches. That was a big step for me!! I was also watching a couple of parades and people in the parade would hand me candy along with the other people!! I would just hand it over to the kids standing near me. And yesterday they kept handing me one of my favorite candies! It made me feel great that I resisted the sweets. I also have been off of my number two addiction - nuts! Its been quite a few weeks since I let myself have any - although some nights it has been a real battle to make it through the night.

I live alone and I live within walking distance of two gas stations that are open 24 hours - so I have made many midnight trips to the gas stations when I can't sleep. Living alone I can be a very sneaky eater!! No one knows about it unless I 'fess up to you guys - and I have been very good about doing that. Its been a few weeks since I've made any midnight trips to the gas station - that is a big deal for me.

So my goals for September are:
    1. Stay off the sweets
    2. Stay off the nuts (except for a possible sprinkle of nuts on a salad - but no bags of nuts!)
    3. Increase my water intake and spread it more throughout the day
    4. No midnight trips to the gas station for snacks!!!!
    5. Lose 5 pounds
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @phoebe112476 what color are you painting your bathroom?

I still need to do my intro....I am falling behind.

Saturday morning Molly and I went on maybe the hardest bike ride I have ever been on. It was a 10 miler through Mennonite country. Somehow we mistakenly read the map and thought it was an "easy" ride. Oh no. Many many hills. It is the first time Molly had to get off and walk. I almost did the same but I powered through and stayed on my bike. Phew...so glad when we came to the end.

My weight is way up! I am too embarrassed to post...but here goes...147.2. Yikes!!! I was 143 on Friday. Yes I know all about muscle gain, and water retention...but maybe the vegan hot dogs, peach pie, gin and tonics and peanut butter cookies caused some scary damage. I am mortified. This morning I felt so sad, mad, frustrated, embarrassed...I have an eating problem. No question about it. But I am a determined woman and I will meet my goal of 142 and extra goal of 141 by October 1st. Frankly, I feel so normal. I went over a year pretty strict and consistent. So I have had a scare. We all do that. But what will I do about it? I can guarantee you if I don't address it I will definitely see 150. ah ah no way! Not going to happen. My clothes still fit great but we all know how quickly we can deceive ourselves. I made sure to pack healthful food this morning and no cookies for lunch.

I think part of the weight gain was psychological. I told myself I would start losing weight again in September. You know how mental we get right before we start a "diet"? It's kind of like I better take an extra sip of beer and 3 cookies cuz I know for me I have to go with out if I want to see results. It's not that hard but I feel myself sobbing and kicking and screaming. Ok glad that's off my chest. Intro soon.

And one last thing...how would I have felt if I stepped on the scale and weighed 142? I would have felt proud. Here's the thing that is so stark to me...we give the scale so much power to determine our mood for the day. Really??? does that really define me. Yup! Just the way it is. I know better and I am a marvelous success but those old habits aren't too far away. I don't think they will ever disappear but my health trumps all those habits and I will get back on the success wagon. Let's all jump on and make September count!!!

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    intro:
    My name is Angelina. I am one of the team motivators. I have been on this journey for a little over a year. I hit my 61 pound weight loss goal on my MFP 1 year anniversary. I started at 202.8 and ended up at 141.8 on July 10th 2019. I love the support of this group. It has been a game changer for me. I live in Virginia with my wife Molly. We have helped raise our granddaughter while my daughter was doing traveling nursing. Skylynn has been with me for over 9 years but recently they moved in with my daughters boyfriend about 45 minutes away. It has been emotionally hard for me to be away from her for so long. The OF (old folks) moved in with us a year and a half ago due to health issues. It's been an up and down journey with both parents in and out of the hospital. Dad turns 90 in a few weeks and mom 88 next week. I do yoga almost everyday, bike and run. Did my first 10k June 1st. In October I went Vegan and gave up caffeine and all medications. I was having some terrible gut/health problems and decided to take my health into my own hands. My doctor almost fell out of her chair at my recent physical a few weeks ago. I am really doing great. I have kept the weight off during July and almost all of August. This last weekend kind of bit me in the butt...but I don't care. I am strong and will recommit and succeed. That's what I do and I will do it again!
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food - on plan and under
    Water - 55 oz so far
    Exercise - 90 minutes this morning, 30 min walk this evening
    Steps- 17678

Thought I would share my goals for September today. I don't really have many so far-I may come up with some as I go along.

1. Lose 10 lbs. To be honest, anything in the 8-10 lb range would be fine by me! lol
    2. UP my water intake. Y'all know I've been struggling with this one for a while.
    3. Do one thing that I wouldn't normally do because my weight was holding me back. (I have no idea what this will be yet.)

@Mrsbell8well I love the pictures! It looks you had a fabulous and relaxing weekend!

@ljdanny I love Leslie Sansone! My favorite and the one I do most often is her Walk Away the Pounds Express 4 mile Super Challenge. When I first started, I could barely get through it. Now, I'm having to add things- like a hop in the middle of a double side step- to get my heart rate up where it needs to be! lol Do you have any favorites of hers that you like?

@Cafelelia I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's house in the Bahamas. The pictures coming in from that area are absolutely devastating. I'm so glad he was not out there when the storm came through!

@sleepymom5 I live a couple hours from the coast. We are inside the cone and currently under a tropical storm watch. Right now, they're forecasting tropical storm force winds and 4-6" of rain. But, I don't think we'll really know until sometime tomorrow when the hurricane makes its turn. I'm lucky to not live on the coast, but I'm sad for those that do. They're not back on their feet yet from last year's hurricane.
  • sleepymom5
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Back in Pa overnight. Daisy has a grooming appointment. Those fluffy dogs start looking scruffy after a few weeks! Lol! Mk has an appointment with her counselor in the afternoon then I am heading back to the shore. I am only staying overnight there because I have PT. Then I will be back in PA until Sunday. I am going to be running back and forth most of September for appointments. Hope everyone has a good evening!

@Cafelelia What a way to start the school year Lol! Looks like you had another good day! You are doing great! I am sorry to hear about your Uncle's home in the Bahamas My friend has vacationed on Abaco Island for the past 10 years and always told us how much she loves it there. I am glad your family in St Augustine has evacuated. That is one of my favorite places! I actually was there in the spring.
    @barbb1557 Don't be discouraged. Some days are harder than others to work out. I think your trainer's suggestion about a drink with electrolytes is a good idea. Smart Water tastes just like water so it may work for you. Great job going to the store and not getting the pretzels!
    @Mrsbell8well That Skylynn couldn't be any cuter! Love the weekend pics! "Me and my donut" Lol! I bet the extra weight will come off quickly. I bet a lot is fluid and also the bike ride. You know what to do and you have done it before.
    @phoebe112476 It is interesting how after all this time you are having more cravings than before. I wish I had an answer for why it is happening but I don't know. The mind is a tricky thing. I know you will figure it out. You have come so far and have been losing consistently. I agree, this could simply be part of the process. You really have learned a lot while you lost your 65lbs. For example, your choice for lunch when subway wasn't available was great. Even though you were stressing about the calories. Trust yourself. You know more than you think. Good luck with painting!
    @lennoncpa I am sure the Chinese food is why your weight is up today. There is a lot of sodium in it too. I have a hard time overeating with Chinese food too! I also order the unhealthy stuff. I just avoid it. Great job at the peach festival too! Isn't it a great feeling to have resisted instead of giving in and having regrets! I love your goals for the month! You can do all of them my friend!
    @amytriesww Another great day my friend!! Love your goals! I can relate to the one about doing something that your weight would have held you back from. I do so much more than I did at my heaviest. I wouldn't have attempted going in a kayak or even getting on a bike. Stay safe with whatever you get from this storm. Hugs!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Did good with my goals today, more water and a 20 minute walk and close to calorie goal so far today
This discussion has been closed.