WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Fall is in the air and I find I'm eating a ton of pasta. Cooler weather makes me crave carbs I guess. A bit afraid of Thursday's weigh in.

The assistant to my husband's boss made hot pepper mustard last year that we fell in love with. When I planted my garden I devoted an entire bed to peppers. I am a fearful, novice canner but I tried making a batch a few weeks ago. It tasted great but I'm sure it isn't spicy enough for my husband's tastes. Since its a rainy, cold day here I tried another batch this morning. Wholly moley... definitely not your momma's mustard LOL. And I was a lot less fearful about the whole canning process. Now I need a nap LOL

@sleepymom5 beautiful pictures of you and your daughters and DIL to be. The venue is gorgeous... love the wood beams and chandelier. Lovely dress! I agree with wearing your hair up. And @Cafelelia I was thinking the same thing! Your skin is beautiful, Pam and you're going to make a stunning mother of the groom! I don't think I could pull off that neckline. I slather my decolletage with shea butter but from growing up in California and tanning with baby oil rather than sunscreen, my skin is not the greatest.

Also @Cafelelia the instant pot spaghetti is definitely not your MIL's spaghetti but what it lacks in depth of flavor it more than makes up for in convenience. I'm a bit of a newbie with the instant pot myself... I mostly use it to make hard boiled eggs or rice. This is the recipe I first tried... https://www.skinnytaste.com/instant-pot-one-pot-spaghetti-with-meat-sauce/.

Nice workout @barbb1557! I'm so impressed with what your trainer puts you through. You rock!!

@gingerpwr That's a win girl!!

Great willpower @hope002! I don't understand the mentality of food pushers! So inconsiderate!

@carlsoda Wow great news on the house. Exciting times! And so glad to hear Lucy survived her inadvertent incarceration!

Off to go slow roast some tomatoes. Its a produce processing, make multiple messes in the kitchen kind of day. My garden is about winding down so its time to use everything up.

Hope everyone's day is going well!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 lovely dress and photos Pam. Thanks for sharing. I agree that you should wear your hair up.
    @barb1557 I have been wanting to discuss the daily weigh ins but have not had a chance. BTW...great job with your trainer today. I go back and forth on the daily weigh ins and the pros and cons. If I am worried that I am not following my plan then I like the daily weigh ins to let me know what needs to be tweaked. When I did CICO I only weighed in 1 X a week since it didn't matter what the scale showed since I knew I was doing my part. I would love to wean myself off of daily weigh ins. I skipped 2 glorious days this week and was very happy with the results on Saturday morning. Here's the deal...If I feel super skinny but the scale says "no your not", then I believe the scale. It's sad. And if I think I am on track and the scale shows a gain then it deflates me and makes me feel like I can't trust anything. And if I lose when I shouldn't have...well that is a roll of the dice. Maybe next time I will get lucky again? So overall I think 1 X a week would keep me focused on my plan and less on the scale. But it is a crutch that I personally need to work on.
    @carlsoda WTG on the bidding wars. That's just like TV lol. I am so very happy for you!
    @Cafelelia I am so glad you are feeling better and the little one too. Yes you are right there is so much to be grateful for daily! Thanks for the reminder.
    @gingerpwr wow no go on the cupcakes! Great resistance. You will eat cupcakes again. Just not on that day.
    @hope002 oh those pretzels are evil. Good job staying the course. I bet they taste terrible!
    @gottagetthisdown I completely understand where you nutritionist is coming from. Good luck to you!
    @phoebe112476 Congrats on that fantastic loss! You are certainly putting in the work and reaping the benefits! So happy for you.
    @lennoncpa I feel your pain. When my cookies didn't come out I was very tempted to eat them anyway. They had macadamia nuts and were expensive. it was so hard throwing them in the trash but it was the right decision.
    Someone recently posted that IF made them choosier about what they did eat. I agree. If you are limited what your going to eat it might as well be good stuff. That's why I threw away the botched cookies. I deserve good food not kitchen disasters.
    @amsandos I have complete faith in you that you will figure this out. keep going.
    @jedaschultz what a lovely loss. Yes use it to keep yourself motivated. It is much easier to ride the winning streak.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I am happy that you are taking care of your needs Cassie. good luck. I know it is a struggle for you.
    @nstephenson01 oooohhhhh hot mustard sounds wonderful. What do you eat it on? I used to can lots of years ago. Good for you!

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    I have been thinking about my weekend disaster. On Sunday the bike ride took a lot more out of me than I thought it would. I did not prepare enough for nutritional needs. I took 100 calorie popcorn and a small pack of 70 calorie gummies. With all the hills we were riding and the longer distance I find that I need more fuel. We came up with a plan for next time. But when I came home I was a machine. I hovered pear tart, Mexican leftovers, green grapes, a berry cold pressed drink, lots of water, and worked to get replenished. It wasn't my usual planned out routine. And you know how that goes...once we get off track it is hard to reign ourselves in. I did skip Sunday dinner but that didn't seem smart either. I was still wonky yesterday but back on track today. I had a dragon fruit smoothie for breakfast, kidney beans on greens with tomatoes and avocado with balsamic and hot tea for lunch. A peach for snack. I was going to skip dinner tonight but I have made a decision to eat. I have healthful beyond burgers planned and I will stay mindful. I can't wait to go home and eat. My stomach is already growling. I have stayed on track with my daily yoga. and my thigh muscles are starting to bulge with all the biking. Getting stronger everyday!
    My cleaning projects are going well. Last night I sorted out all my yarn. Turns out I don't have as much as I thought but it is still 8 grocery bags full. I am going to find away to store it so I can see what I have instead of buying more. I have made Skylynn some beautiful dolls in the past and I can definitely see myself possibly making more mermaid dolls to sell someday. So for now I will keep the yarns. Molly is going out of town tonight for one night. I am planning to get all my clothes sorted out while she is gone. It was cooler today so it will make it easier to plan and play with my fall wardrobe.
    Hang in there everyone. Fall is right around the corner!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    9nfmsfn07w7j.jpeg
    4ux22vk6bmad.jpeg
    r30a1e8e3tay.jpeg
    ix7ahnx0gxsn.jpeg
    eppsftdtoece.jpeg
    Sunflowers, yarn and more yarn, Hannah and Lula Mae and the devilishly divine French toast.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    I was so tired this afternnoon I took a nap! It felt good now but hope I didn't screw things up for tonight. I am heading home in a little bit for a doctors appointment tomorrow morning, then I am grabbing Daisy and heading back here. It will be back and forth up and including the first week of October because I still have PT down here. I don't mind the drive though.

@gottagetthisdown I do think all those things are important. I am sure once you get those things down, your weight will go down too. We will miss you though.
    @carlsoda Congratulations! How exciting! Now on to packing up and moving. It must be hard to believe! Glad you are making a plan and sticking to it. You have a busy few months ahead!
    @cafeleia Looks like you are right back at it after being sick! I think you really haven't had a bad day since you have been back! I love that quote too. Something I need to remember!
    @Barbb1557 Sounds like you have a good trainer. One day you will look back at that machine and see how far you have come. Do not stress about the weigh in, keep in mind that you are off the HCTZ and it is most likely water. It may be good to keep track so your doctor knows you are gaining. Especially since you notice in your hands too. How are your feet and ankles.
    The anxiety meds are tricky so I can see why your doctor is careful. My daughter had to try three before she found one she could stay on. The doctor was also very careful with starting up another on. Hugs my friend.
    @nstephenson01 That mustard sounds like something my family would love! I can't believe you are making it! I guess the fall weather has hit there already, we are still going back and forth. I tend to crave (or for me I really think a lot of mine are urges) seasonal food so I can relate to the pasta. Maybe you can find a way to include pasta in your plan. Thanks for the compliments on the pictures too! xo
    @ljdanny I was wondering how the new position was going. I know you started in the summer but I would imagine this time of year you are busier. I love that you not only have a plan, you also have a back up plan if something doesn't work out! Your right, beating yourself up doesn't make things better, having a back up plan and keeping on track does. Hope you make it to your zumba class with time to spare so you can enjoy it!
    @Mrsbell8well I think the daily weigh in should be what is best for you. Maybe you shouldn't weigh in when you feel skinny. Or now that you are in maintenance go by how your clothes fit and when they are starting to feel snug, hop on. Use it as data. OMG-is that the french toast casserole? It does look delicious! I just love how Lula Mae has her little paws around Hannah's leg! How precious! You know with all of that yarn, you could knit everyone on Team Weigh No More a sweater! ;)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Back in Pa...Hope everyone has a good night!

@lennoncpa That sounds like a lot of fun! I am glad that you all are planning ahead with eating and healthy meals. That will help a lot. I can't wait to hear all about it!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food IF on track
    Water good
    Exercise 90 minutes walk, 30 min strength, plank challenge
    Steps 16,574

My neighbour/friend made cheesecake today (she knows it's my favorite) and invited me for coffee. I only had a tiny little piece. I am impressed, normally I would eat a big piece and ask for seconds. I asked her straight if she is sabotaging my efforts to lose weight, she just laughed...
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in

Username GingerPwr
    Pw 147
    Cw 146.5
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barb1557
    Wednesday Weigh in
    Week 3
    PW 233.6
    CW 234.6
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food logged and on track
    Water 96 oz (which wasn't smart with my driving back to Philly Lol!)
    Exercise 30 min bike ride, 15 min stationary bike and PT
    Steps 8,004

I have had a good week so far. It's so much easier when I am by myself Lol! My husband's sister and her husband come tomorrow to Sunday. She is not my favorite person to say the least. I was told that she was saying at the shower they were staying to Monday so who knows...I am not sure what to expect while they are here. They are not big eaters or snackers so I am not going to buy any junk to have around. That is my biggest problem when I have guests. My breakfast and lunch shouldn't change. Dinners I am not sure. I am hoping they go out without me. I am sure that I will be invited but I will decline. Jim and I will probably take them out at least once to dinner.(I am making him come down for part of it at least lol!) . I am more concerned with drinking, not that I will drink too much but I don't want to drink every day. I am doing so well that I have extra motivation to get through this long weekend.

Today I have a doctor's appointment and heading right back to the shore. I am going to work out down there. Hope everyone has a good day!

@Cafelelia Another great day! Is this the same neighbor with the pretzels? That was great restraint with having a small slice. Next time she asks maybe you can suggest going for a walk or if you all have young children you can't leave doing yoga or something. Tell her you like getting together but you are not interested in the snacks.
    @GingerPwr Nice loss!! The scale is moving in the right direction!
    @Barbb1557 You were expecting this with going off the HCTZ. How are you feeling? You said your rings were tight, how are your feet and ankles. I would let your doctor know if you are starting to swell up too much. I don't think a pound or the rings are too bad but keep an eye out. Just keep doing what you are doing, don't let this gain which is probably water weight get you off course. You have been doing great!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Food - on plan
    Water - lots
    Exercise - 10,000+ steps and yoga!

@lennoncpa - have a super fun time!!

@nstephenson01 - good job on the mustard! I used to love canning tomatoes and pickles and such but haven't done it in years. BUT...with the new place I can have a huge garden finally!!

@sleepymom5 - good luck with your sil & hubs. Hopefully she behaves otherwise you can decline next visit (find an excuse!)

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Food - logged and on track
    Exercise - 50 minute walk
    Water - 2l

I did not sleep last night and feel groggy today. I have physio at noon and am hoping to wean off the weekly appointments. The reinjury is healing well although I have the odd day with a bit more leg pain. I am still off ibuprofen, and take curcimum on the days when needed. I am still doing IF (14:10) and it is going well. I am doing a longer fast today to try it out. My husband’s birthday is on Sunday and we are having about a dozen people over on Saturday night for wine and snacks. I am not sure how these social events work with IF. Have done some reading on taking a day off or eating less during the day before an event. I think that will be my plan. Like @sleepymom5, my concern is the wine rather than the food. My husband collects wine and will be opening some nice bottles for the party. The plan is to have 2 glasses only, and sip and talk a lot to avoid refilling my glass.

@carlsoda - Great day yesterday!!

@sleepymom5 - Enjoy the visits (as much as you can) and hope that you can get some rest after this one!

@Barbb1557 - Don’t let this small gain discourage you. As Pam said, it could very well be water weight given the change in your medication. Hang in there and speak to your doctor if you are uncomfortable.

@GingerPwr - Nice loss, and it is your victory over avoiding the cupcakes!!

@hope002 - Another great day! That neighbour is a piece of work. Good going for having a small slice of the cheesecake and also asking straight up if she is trying to sabotage your efforts. Next time she calls or emails, don’t answer! My MIL is a huge food pusher and it took me a while to learn how to say no to her. Now, I do it all of the time!

@lennoncpa - The clogging weekend workshop sounds fun! At least you will be burning calories, even if you do have a snack or two! Have a great time!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Ugh! My hip is killing me, worse than usual. I just figured out why, I didn't take my ibuprofen for over 24 hours. Doesn't look like I will be off the ibuprofen any time soon. I am getting ready to head back to the shore . Hopefully I will feel good enough to get a bike ride in. I hope to check in again tonight.

@carlsoda Great day! Glad you are getting the yoga in, I am sure that will help when you are packing and moving.
    @cafeleia I have been dabbling in IF. Some days are better than others. I think you plan for the party sounds good. Sounds like it will be fun. We need to be able to stay on plan and still have fun.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Checking in. I can accept the 1 pound weight gain, but my BP is climbing up, I may be back on the hctz in the next week.
    There is a fabulous feeling to me when my muscles ache from a challenging workout but I am not hurt. It's taken me a long time to not feel defeated with my trainer because of my limited weights and endurance, I am slowly starting to feel empowered and it s a super great feeling.

@Mrsbell8well Thanks for sharing your thoughts on daily weighing. Your pictures are terrific and I am in love with your black lab!

@Lennoncpa I think I was on that hairpin turn road in North Carolina. My friend and I were on a road trip for a wedding. Have fun

@hope002 Cheesecake is the best, I hope you enjoyed it. Good for you asking your neighbor about her intentions!

Sleepymom5. Good luck with your sister in law. My new drink is a tall glass with club soda and a shot of orange or vanilla vodka and an orange slice. But Really good wine is always a treat, enjoy

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 137.4
    Today's weight: 137.4
    Weekly Steps: 71,961

I decided I had better post my weight today since we are leaving at 5 am tomorrow and I was afraid I might forget and have no internet!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    So my weight was up briefly this week - probably from the bag of tortilla chips my son left behind - but I stayed really focused the rest of the week and got my weight back to where it was last week. My weight hasn't been this low for a few years and it feels good to be lighter. I am less than 5 feet tall and according to many health websites - my weight should be 128 or lower. My weight right now puts me in the overweight category. When I had both of my hips replaced in 2016 the doctor told me that I need to lose weight. It is such a struggle to keep my calorie intake so low. But obviously being so short, my calorie allowance is lower if I want to maintain or lose weight! I've totally figured out how to gain weight - that is so easy for me. I say that because I have a male friend who is 6 feet tall and weighs about the same as me - and he can't gain weight!! And he eats the crappiest diet!! For instance, if we go out to eat I will order grilled chicken, or a salad, or an egg white omelette. He will order fish and chips, pancakes smothered in whipped cream and other unhealthy toppings, or some other fried food with french fries. The next day he will be down a pound and I will be up a pound!! Plus we are the same age - so I guess its just his metabolism. Not that I would want his problem because he doesn't look healthy being so thin. Also, with me wanting to lose weight I am always conscious of what I put in my mouth - so probably at least 90% of the time I am eating very healthy. I guarantee my friend eats healthy 0% of the time.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well well Wow that's a lot pf yarn. Pretty colors to make an afghan with or some team sweaters
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Lula Mae is certainly a sweet dog. I have been really disappointed since the only reason I got her was to keep me company during runs. she was a puppy and I waited the mandatory 7 months before turning walks into runs. (bone development for labs). But she never took to it. She actually hates to run. I have finally given up. Molly and I take her for walks from time to time. Molly said I need to adjust to the dog that we have. Molly said she is a "therapy" dog. I think she is right. The "Old Folks" adore here and the kids obviously adore her as well.
    And yes Pam @sleepymom5 that is THE French toast. It makes me drool just looking at the picture. Hope your hip gets some relief.
    @lennnoncpa yes it does seem so unfair. But good for you for focusing on health and not just weight loss. I think your week coming up sounds like such fun! You always seem to be off on fun adventures. Send pics!
    @hope002 I love that you were straight up with your neighbor. I like the suggestion as well to say no to treats and yes to walks etc. At Thanksgiving last year I was feeling so lonely. I asked from then on if we could start focusing more on health and less on food. Well food is still my favorite thing but now we run 5k races together for holidays. It is so much fun and so rewarding.
    @Cafelelia good luck with your social events. I try to stay full on veggies and salads and a smidge of other items. I like to feel like I have a full belly so I am less tempted to eat bad stuff. It can be done. I did a year of many social events and tried very hard to stay the course. 99% of the time I was successful but I always had a plan. It's just a few meals and then the events are over. How do you want to feel when you are on the other side of that weekend? Plan now for success. Bring your own fruit and snacks too so you never get too hungry.
    @barb1557 I love your cocktail idea. I am going to try that!

I have eaten a good breakfast and decent lunch. Had a delicious fresh peach for a snack but I am feeling antsy wanting to eat something more. Trying to distract myself. Having baked potatoes topped with chili for dinner.
    I finished my hanging clothes yesterday. I thought I would have more to give away but not really. That's okay maybe on the next go. Still have 4 bins of shoes and other clothing items to sort. Its nice to have sweaters hanging in my closet again. The AC in my offices is brutal. Were always struggling on the right temp. We keep it at 73 and that is still too cool for me.

Hump day!

Oh and I almost forgot. I was 144.2 this morning. Up a pound from last week. Geez 2 bad days can sure ruin the whole week. But its life. We adjust and keep going.
This discussion has been closed.