WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 130.9
    CW: 130.8

Progress?? So, I keep forgetting to "weigh in" on Monday...sorry! This week I'm back at work (I teach college) so it has been busy and lots of "free food" (re muffins/donuts/all the bad stuff!) around...so I'll take that .1 loss! Hope that I remember to weigh in on Monday...I should be back on track by then! Cheers and good week everyone!

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 279.2
    CW: 281.8
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Wed
    PW: 175.8
    CW: 176.6
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    I'm back! We had a power outage from early this morning until about an hour ago (putting up new hydro poles on our road), but that made it a wonderfully quiet day following a huge day yesterday. We finally had the memorial "party" for my mother-in-law who passed away in June. It was really good - lots of neighbours and friends came over, family were there, we had a big barbecue and plenty of chairs rented, and everyone told stories about the old lady (as she called herself!). I'm glad it's over and we can get cleaned up and back to something closer to normal soon, but I'm also glad at how well it went. People who said they could only come for a short time stayed for the afternoon and into the evening. It was a particularly congenial group, and even my mother (who is 89, up for a visit from North Carolina) had a great time with all these people she did not know. My kids and friends stepped right in to help a lot, so it was smooth most of the time. AND, I think the old lady was giving someone a stern talking to about the weather, because it was the most perfect possible day from beginning to end. Sunny, not too hot, a light breeze. Not a cloud in sight. Today it is raining all day!

In any case, I have my power and internet back now, so can catch up with everyone.

@terytha - it sounds like crazy times at work. I like your attitude about sitting back to watch the drama in all its absurdity, but worry over the company and your job are not fun. hang in there, kiddo! You escaped that locked room, you now have superpowers B)
    @jlbtnc I hope you're surviving your tracking tech changes! It can be enough to make you throw things across the room (that burns some calories if you keep doing it). Enjoy the power of "angercise" if you need to!
    @Andreabroadley - good old physio, eh? My husband is going through that with his newly replaced shoulder, and always wonders if the pain of the exercises is worse than the pain of the original problem. Hopefully the answer will be the right one as you continue to do them and things improve. Most often, strength = less pain. Good luck!

And all the recent weigh-ins - good job. Even the gains are small, and a good moment to look at what to tweak. Keep at it!

THURSDAY weigh-ins due:
    @cory17
    @Blackbeautysue

AND if you have not done so, hop over to our challenge or the moderators' challenge and see how they're going. I'm heading over there now. Enjoy the rest of the day! (apologies for the LONG message!)
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/16~8,261
    8/17~8,261
    8/18~10,100
    8/19~20,365
    8/20~7,900
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I’m still here. Haven’t felt like logging these past two days. Kind of in a funk. Had to go to urgent care today. I’m fine, but had back pain and it radiated down my arm. Had it checked out. Dr thinks it’s muscle pain. Anyone not being awful but not being great either. At least when I went to dr I was down 14 pounds since the last time I was there.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Wed
    PW: 148.4
    CW: 148
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    8/13 - 12955
    8/14 - 10032
    8/15 - 9722
    8/16 - 8820
    8,/17 - 14591
    8 /18 - 17629
    8/ 19 - 20717
    8,/20 - 13659
    8 / 21 - 15996
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE ON THE MODS WEEK 3 CHALLENGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10760093/week-3-mods-challenge-share-with-the-fat2-fit-teams#latest
    Delicious (and healthy!) peach cobbler recipe
    RECIPE COURTESY OF 4u9xwzw4nby8.png AND A SUMMER INTERN

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    this am wt
    214.8 i am so jumping up and down with the wt.
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    this am wt
    214.8 i am so jumping up and down with the wt.

you have not jumped a bit since last week! Keep on keeping on, and it will start in the good direction again. <3
  • jugar
    Options
    Sorry I've been totally MIA. Problems with mom agsin snd its taking its toll!! Things can only get better from here...I hope!!! will try to make more of an effort!!

So many hugs and whatever distant support we can supply coming your way. It is so hard taking care of parents who need help. Your mom is lucky to have such a wonderful daughter!
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I’m still here. Haven’t felt like logging these past two days. Kind of in a funk. Had to go to urgent care today. I’m fine, but had back pain and it radiated down my arm. Had it checked out. Dr thinks it’s muscle pain. Anyone not being awful but not being great either. At least when I went to dr I was down 14 pounds since the last time I was there.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Down 14 since the last time! That is the thing to feel great about, even if you are in a funk over whatever the last bit of time has brought you through. Pain is the worst when you're trying to keep your attitude positive - I hope it feels better soon!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP FRIDAY PEOPLE!
    Our big day for week 3 is coming up tomorrow. I'm worried after 2 weeks of solid visitors, travel, and family events, but hopefully it won't be too bad! Get on in here and give us the good, the bad, the wonderful, the discouraging -- whatever you've got is part of the path.
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Perla4686
    @tigrib
  • jugar
    Options
    CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE ON THE MODS WEEK 3 CHALLENGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10760093/week-3-mods-challenge-share-with-the-fat2-fit-teams#latest
    Delicious (and healthy!) peach cobbler recipe
    RECIPE COURTESY OF 4u9xwzw4nby8.png AND A SUMMER INTERN

I just read this recipe and it is going on my list to try ASAP!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weighing in friday
    PW: 173.2
    CW: 171.8
    Ok- some of that was my gain from last week but I'm pretty happy. I didn't log much this week but tried making decent choices. Also, going out on day trips everyday must have helped (walking for hours and hours)
    So overall, pleased!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 199.6
    Todays Weight: 201.6

Steps I will list later
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Username: leni1us
    Week: August Week 4
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 166.9
    CW: 168.0

This month has been a challenge all the way around. I've eaten out more than I usually do (business meetings, work related travel, retirement parties, etc). I've also have some medical issues that have taken my focus away from what I'm eating. I wanted to go into September at 160. Guess that ain't gonna happen.
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Username:martinesther88
    PW~150.4?
    CW~151
    Steps 8/21~15,600
    8/22~10,510
This discussion has been closed.