Non Scale Victories

Options
1484950515254»

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    Picked up a cold this week and feeling kind of blah. I am about to take the dogs down to the lake for a walk and gave myself permission to stop and have a veggie burger (with fries for the pups) which would have no doubt led to a vanilla shake too ... but instead I am eating soup before I leave. I'm not 100% sure that this soup only plan is going to fly - but - so far it is a victory :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Pants still fit, jacket still zips up. Maybe a bit snugger this year but all is not lost. Looking forward to a looser future!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, Yooly.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Probably too much information - but can pull non stretchy waistband jeans down without opening button or zip 😬🥴😉
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Creamtea42 wrote: »
    Probably too much information - but can pull non stretchy waistband jeans down without opening button or zip 😬🥴😉

I love this feeling!!!! always makes me feel SO THIN!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    It so does! ….. Really just need to get a grip & go shopping! Hate clothes shopping!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    No point shopping yet....you're just getting smaller and smaller :)
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Hi Laurie ….Perhaps not yet then ….but feeling / looking scruffy these days! I’lll belt jeans for now!

Got another NSV on a brighter note - no overeating / binges for past week. CreamTea -1 point. Calories: 0 🏆 💪🏼 🔥🔥🔥
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    String ties belt loops together 🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You go, Jatki :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I had bought one of those elastic belts that snaps onto belt loops. It let me wear my size 24 shorts until I found the 18s in my drawers. Even the 18s are big. I will implement the elastic belt soon and I don't plan to buy new shorts til just before I go visit family in Canada come mid July.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I know you’re a busy woman Nic but I highly recommend thrift shopping at Goodwill or the like. I had to replace my clothes at least three times! I now have clothes that are much better quality than what I wore at top weight. Of course, I didn’t do this with underwear or pajamas and stuck with items that were washable. Many things still had original tags and had never been worn.
    The only drawback is having the time to regularly shop.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I did my big weight loss during COVID....was laughable at times. Underwear literally falling off all the time - and trying to order new underwear online. Bottoms were okay...bras!!!! That was laughable.
    But a really lovely challenge to have! Congratulations, Nic :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    hmmm..... interesting imagery today on MFP! :wink: Better tell CCCGG before I get whacked on head... or does that fall under the digging category?!?!?!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I know you’re a busy woman Nic but I highly recommend thrift shopping at Goodwill or the like. I had to replace my clothes at least three times! I now have clothes that are much better quality than what I wore at top weight. Of course, I didn’t do this with underwear or pajamas and stuck with items that were washable. Many things still had original tags and had never been worn.
    The only drawback is having the time to regularly shop.

For right now i am shopping out of my closet. I was down to 208lbs at one point like 8 or 9 years ago, so there's that. Bras are killing me though. I did go buy new underwear as well lol
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    I did my big weight loss during COVID....was laughable at times. Underwear literally falling off all the time - and trying to order new underwear online. Bottoms were okay...bras!!!! That was laughable.
    But a really lovely challenge to have! Congratulations, Nic :)

Oh @lauriekallis …weight loss & bras….nightmare- thank goodness for extender hooks @Amazon!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Today, I attempted to wrap a standard (54x30)bath towel around my waist and tuck it in on itself to hold up. It not only worked, the towel covered everything, no gaping.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Wait, you mean like regular hotel size and not beach towels!!!🤯 Wow! That is awesome!!!😎
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Wait, you mean like regular hotel size and not beach towels!!!🤯 Wow! That is awesome!!!😎

Yup, a regular old towel. I was surprised but super pleased.