Non Scale Victories

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Great stuff, Alexandra!

PAV - lift those hands right. No excuses. Weight loss. Loose skin. Pfft.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    I lift... it still registers "heat anomalies". No, the effing $#$%#$^# won't just do their #$%#$%#$^@ hand scan before playing 20 tries. I do NOT like the little photo booth!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Yup - got frisked in Vancouver and Toronto. Either Canada has ultra sensitive scanners or is much more strict in interpreting the scans. Loose skin was confusing because maybe so few people have actually lost enough weight to have surplus skin?

It’s happened a few times in the US but not in the last three years. Now that I’m officially 75 years old I register as harmless!
  • lauriekallis
    SO...Yooly...if we want to smuggle some contraband somewhere...you for hire? :D
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2022
    I was thinking more along the lines of "in just xxxx days"* I too will qualify as (mostly) harmless!
    *assuming I don't get smacked by a bus before then

**does this explain why I don't much like busses?!!?!?! :neutral:
  • Yoolypr
    One of the joys of aging is you no longer have to “play the game”. Dress as you please in ridiculously outdated clothes, ask for favors ( I need to sit down or can I get ahead of you in line?). No work schedule. Outside of way too much time with doctors, it’s all good.
    Basically you just don’t register with people middle-aged or younger - I’m invisible! I do try to not be obnoxious but I’m sure tempted because I’ll be forgiven for being old. Win-win situation!👍
  • Yoolypr
    Another JOY at the start of the holidays.... three years after losing the majority of my weight. My pants fit, coat zip up easily, Christmas sweater fits. Winter gear gets hauled out for only a short time in Texas. It was a toss up whether the stashed clothes would fit after 9 months of waiting. Kind of like pregnancy!

My weight would usually go up between seasons. Rarely in my yo-yo years could I hope for looser clothes or even be the same size. So to have the same things be wearable is a wonderment.

I saved a beautiful red coat hubby bought for me right after we married 48 years ago. We moved often and the coat came with me but I never could wear it after our first anniversary. Well I’ve been able to enjoy that coat for the last three years and hopefully many more.
  • lauriekallis
    What inspiration you share in that post, Yooly.
    Congratulations!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    So take that!….naughty rodents!
  • PAV8888
    Hey that's a lot of NSVs.

Both by our most awesome @Yoolypr and by "saved by the knee!"🤣

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I walked into a grocery store needing 2 things (eggs and mashed potatoes). I walked out with eggs and mashed potatoes. My diet and wallet are happy.
  • lauriekallis
    Way to go, Athijade!
  • PAV8888
    Well done!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Yes, good job…I can’t go into any store without coming out with a cart full!
  • lauriekallis
    Brought a delicious chocolate ganache birthday cake and a tub of ice cream to my cousin today. And very successfully ate only a skimpy 1/8 slice - passed on the ice cream - came in with a good calorie number for the day.

Major Major Major accomplishment.

He was stunned.

Figures I'll walk over later tonight for another slice :)
  • Yoolypr
    So glad you resurrected this thread!

Laurie- you are soooo in the zone. Mentally strong and ready to get the job done. It’s funny how nothing seems to work until your head is in the right place.
  • lauriekallis
    Thank you, Yooly. I'm hoping my head stays in this place. Every day offers an opportunity to mess up it seems. But by the end of today I have three good days under my belt hoping to finish the week on this good roll.

I am driving an almost friend - maybe she will be? - to the hospital on Friday. She is the woman who owned the chip truck that I spoke about, that my grandson and I used to go to for lunch. She retired from that and sold her truck about the same time he moved to Newfoundland. Turns out she is a neighbour of another friend and we chat often now. She is going for wrist surgery on Friday morning - my friend and I are driving her to the hospital at 7.
    He offered to buy me breakfast afterward. With great difficulty I turned him down (and I so love having breakfast out). But it is too soon. There is no way I'll manage to avoid all the tasty things on offer there.

He said "it is only breakfast - just one day." But it isn't. Everyday we have to be on alert. Once I'm at a "maintenance" level of calories building in a breakfast out will be doable. Occasionally. But not now.

Your words make me feel stronger, Yooly. Thank you.

• PAV8888
    Actually the refrain of "it's only one day" coming from other people is kitten annoying! Sorry. Honest belief. Yes, it's only one day when *I* CHOOSE to make it so. Not your business to be pushing choices on me BUSTER.

There there now! :blush:

Actually I just took a moment to consider where this level of anger is coming from. And I guess it is a cultural issue. It is incredibly common in middle eastern including Greek tradition to keep offering continuously way past the first, second, third or fourth rejection and to be trying to ensure that a guest or friend or relative tries this, that, and the other. Part of a tradition of hospitality I guess.

And it is something that has annoyed the kitten out of me forever, including yelling at my grandmother as an entry level teen that ONE no thank you should be enough: it's pretty tiring to have to say no more than five times (or have to cave in) before food stops getting pushed my way!

Oh, I've caught myself doing it in reverse and now stop after re-indicating the offer is genuine and there. But, one offer, two offers. Maximum three offers with no guilt tripping. After that kitten off person doing the offering and take the kitten hint! XD

There we have a part of my cultural divergence! :lol: