TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• Audgiebug
    Audgiebug Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My name is Audrey and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. In the past I did Beachbody programs, loved them but money has gotten tighter (trying to become debt free) so I had to find another way to be accountable to my fitness goals. I know losing weight is 80% nutrition and 20% workouts. If only it was the other way around, I would be golden. :) My goals for September is to lose 8-10 pounds, stop eating out and track everything I put in my mouth. Look forward to chatting and getting to know all of you!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here, obviously. I have about 160 pounds to lose, and plan to lose it all in the next couple of years. I have issues with mental illness (schizophrenia, bipolar/manic depression, and bulimia); so, I'm aptly named (Dymphna is the patron saint of mental illness). I'm a writer by trade, mostly non-fiction work on mental illness. Being a writer also means my butt is in a chair somewhere a lot of the time. Sometimes to break up the monotony I ride the bus for 45 minutes to sit in a chair in the library for a couple of hours instead. I am working on my first fiction novel that I plan to publish. I have a black cat, because why not? Everyone needs an animal that will climb on him/her and shove its butt in his/her face at least once a day. Right now my exercise is walking. I love yoga and lifting, but my left wrist is missing a piece of bone on the inner bone making its integrity questionable; in addition, half of my left hand is almost completely numb making it difficult to do some things at this point. There is still also the question of whether or not I have a heart condition that's being investigated keeping me on limits right now. All of that being said, I still have the following goals:

1) Hit my step goal 6/7 days a week: reward new socks
    2) Stay under my calorie goal 7 days a week: reward new flavor of yogurt
    3) NO takeaways: reward wireless headphones
    4) NO purging activities (vomitting, laxative abuse, starvation/fasting or over exercising): put stickers on a calendar for each day able to see evidence of my hard work. In addition, I will get to buy some new stickers for next month.
    5) NO binging - stick to the script (e.g. meal plan): reward: new journal
    6) Gravity relationship adjustment - Aiming for 8 lbs: reward new jeans
    7) Get my 3 activities in a week at Transitions: reward new twistable crayons
    8) Write for a minimum of four hours a day: reward fountain pen

@dymphnadaniels, welcome, Dymphna! That might be the most detailed introduction we have ever had!! It sounds like you have a lot going on, but it also sounds like you have a plan in place to keep everything under control. I love your term "gravity relationship adjustment"....I had to keep reading before my brain figured out what it was! Wishing you the best of luck on your journey, one month at a time.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Audgiebug wrote: »
    My name is Audrey and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. In the past I did Beachbody programs, loved them but money has gotten tighter (trying to become debt free) so I had to find another way to be accountable to my fitness goals. I know losing weight is 80% nutrition and 20% workouts. If only it was the other way around, I would be golden. :) My goals for September is to lose 8-10 pounds, stop eating out and track everything I put in my mouth. Look forward to chatting and getting to know all of you!

@Audgiebug, welcome Audrey! Ah, yes, if only we could outrun a bad diet!! I hope you find MFP and team TBBT helpful in your weight loss journey. Best of luck!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    I have been in this group quite a few months and have struggled with my weight since 2nd grade! I am a married mother of 3 adult children (2 still live with us) and a grandmother to a special needs 5 year old who lives with us 50% of the time. I also work full time in special education.

My weight goes up and down. I do ok, lose motivation, do poorly, gain motivation, do ok, and on and on and on. I began December of 2019 at 242 lbs and am currently at 205 (went up in august).

I look forward to September.
    Monthly weight loss goal:
    Lose 3%of my weight= lose 6.2 lbs, back to my July weight

Weekly goals week 1:
    1- run 3x
    2- weights 2x
    3- participate in the accountability challenge
    4- stay awake until 8 pm. This sounds ridiculous but after a month and a half of late nights and no routines, the first few weeks back to work kick my *kitten*!
  • swauters
    Options
    @dymphnadaniels
    LOL! Gravity relationship adjustment! I cant tell you how much I love this!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday is a holiday in Canada and the United States. (It's Labour Day in Canada and Labor Day in the States :) !) I don't know if it is a holiday in the UK? What have you all got planned and how are you planning to handle it from a calorie point of view? Are you going to let loose, a sort of last summer hurrah, or are you going to start September with restraint and stay under your calories?
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋 I am Tami it’s been a rough month for me lots going on I am hoping I can still be part of this group as I have been MIA for 2-3 weeks
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Hi 👋 I am Tami it’s been a rough month for me lots going on I am hoping I can still be part of this group as I have been MIA for 2-3 weeks

@murdog3t, Hey, Tami. Glad to hear you still want to be a part of this group! You were still on the spreadsheet, so what I did was just transfer your weight over from two weeks ago. That will be your starting weight for September. ( I think it was 152.2, but don't quote me on that). Yes, August was a tough month for most of us, for one reason or another. Here's to a better September!!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to group this month. Summer I played and enjoyed e'rethang. Time to get serious again. Good luck to all!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Monday is a holiday in Canada and the United States. (It's Labour Day in Canada and Labor Day in the States :) !) I don't know if it is a holiday in the UK? What have you all got planned and how are you planning to handle it from a calorie point of view? Are you going to let loose, a sort of last summer hurrah, or are you going to start September with restraint and stay under your calories?

My family had a get together today, because it was more convenient than Monday for everyone. There was BBQ pork and several sides. And cake and ice cream. So delicious. So now that I've got that out of the way I'm ready to start working on diet and exercise tomorrow.
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options

I won’t really be celebrating. People will be driving crazier and getting drunk in the park behind my apartment building; therefore, I plan on staying indoors and stalking the halls or making circles in the community room. I will get my activity in and aim to come in within my calorie budget. Might do some cleaning or hooking (crochet) or coloring. I will busy myself somehow.
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Going to the beach with my family! Hoping to burn some calories walking up and down the shoreline!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Well Monday actually happens to be my birthday as well as Labor Day but we’re going to be celebrating Sunday because both my out of town kids came in for my birthday and my daughter has to drive back on Monday (6 hour drive back to college). I will be enjoying some wonderful ribs and some kind of birthday dessert (not sure yet). Excited to start with a vengeance on Monday morning and kick some butt for the rest of September.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    8/31:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 45 minute walk
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options

No holiday here in WA...and my husband will be on day shift. After I drop the kids to school I plan on heading to the gym to try out a new class.
    Today is Sunday (and Fathers Day). Husband is again on day shift...but I am cooking him a special dinner.
    I will post my Mini Challenge results at the end of the day =)
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    Hello September. My name is Mandy and I've been in this group since June I think. I'm a 37 year old stay at home mom. I've made a goal to lose 45lbs by Christmas by losing at least 5lbs a month. As of last week I'm down 27lbs so I'm about half way to my first big goal. I can't do a lot of jumping around and intense exercise bc of a back injury from years ago so I walk almost non stop around the house until I reach 20,000 steps a day. The Last 2 weeks of August I steered off course so here's to a new month with a new motivation to get back in the swing of things. 💜💙
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here, obviously. I have about 160 pounds to lose, and plan to lose it all in the next couple of years. I have issues with mental illness (schizophrenia, bipolar/manic depression, and bulimia); so, I'm aptly named (Dymphna is the patron saint of mental illness). I'm a writer by trade, mostly non-fiction work on mental illness. Being a writer also means my butt is in a chair somewhere a lot of the time. Sometimes to break up the monotony I ride the bus for 45 minutes to sit in a chair in the library for a couple of hours instead. I am working on my first fiction novel that I plan to publish. I have a black cat, because why not? Everyone needs an animal that will climb on him/her and shove its butt in his/her face at least once a day. Right now my exercise is walking. I love yoga and lifting, but my left wrist is missing a piece of bone on the inner bone making its integrity questionable; in addition, half of my left hand is almost completely numb making it difficult to do some things at this point. There is still also the question of whether or not I have a heart condition that's being investigated keeping me on limits right now. All of that being said, I still have the following goals:

1) Hit my step goal 6/7 days a week: reward new socks
    2) Stay under my calorie goal 7 days a week: reward new flavor of yogurt
    3) NO takeaways: reward wireless headphones
    4) NO purging activities (vomitting, laxative abuse, starvation/fasting or over exercising): put stickers on a calendar for each day able to see evidence of my hard work. In addition, I will get to buy some new stickers for next month.
    5) NO binging - stick to the script (e.g. meal plan): reward: new journal
    6) Gravity relationship adjustment - Aiming for 8 lbs: reward new jeans
    7) Get my 3 activities in a week at Transitions: reward new twistable crayons
    8) Write for a minimum of four hours a day: reward fountain pen

I think you and I are going to get along just fine. I also suffer from mental illness and am not shy about discussing it, although many are (understandably)
    I also have a black cat that you can see in my profile picture!
    I enjoy writing as well. People that I have let read what I have written have given me positive feedback but I lack the confidence in myself to believe them and pursue doing anything with it.

Do you have anything published that I can buy anywhere? I actually just finished a couple of books and am now looking for some new ones to purchase.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m Kim from Wisconsin. I’ve gained 20# in past 2 years post menopause. My goal is 10# weight loss following a Mediterranean diet and increasing my water intake and 20 minutes of interval/ cardio type exercise before work. Will walk after work. Scheduled for work Labor Day so no picnics for me. I’m tired of being tired.This challenge should keep me motivated. Just had discussion with husband to help keep me on track. He’s retired and does a lot of the cooking. I work full time. Have a healthy month everyone.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

I did all right at the family bbq yesterday. I may not have had the healthiest food options but I only ate one large meal. I also did not have a single beer (shocking).
    And I got a lot of activity - swimming, volleyball and wiffle ball with my nephews.

Today I am going to go and finish the yard work that I didn’t get done Thursday after the bees attacked me. Then my wife and I are going to hang out in the yard and smoke ribs. Not sure what else we will do.
    But I know tomorrow is 100% back on the path to getting to my goal of losing 6 lbs this month.
  • swauters
    Options
    Hello September.
    I just weighed myself and gained 6.2 lbs in August. Yikes!
    This week is full. Monday=holiday bbq. Tuesday=1st day of school and back to work, Wednesday = MIL birthday, Thursday= Packers game (party)

My plan is to weigh and log everything I eat as well as to move 30 minutes extra each day. September MUST be better than August and I am the only one who can do it. No excuses
This discussion has been closed.